NEurope
Kurtle Squad

New NOM team confirmed

nom did try to "grow up" but the nintendo target market did not. so they scrapped their mature changes and went all pink and fluffy again

i beg to differ, the magazine have had a very childish image, you only have to read the review for killer 7 and then youll see why

nom did try to "grow up" but the nintendo target market did not. so they scrapped their mature changes and went all pink and fluffy again

Did it? When? I definitely missed that! Y'see, this is when things like "demographics" let you down. My argument is that "people" buy and play games, not neccessarily 12-25 year olds. If Nintendo aimed the mag at these "people", they'd have a much better chance of selling the mag.

It's not so much the covers or appearance of the mag that puts me off (I buy NGC for example), as much as it's the content. I actually plucked up the courage to buy an issue a while ago and was disgusted. It was the issue they reviewed FIFA 06 on GC. Note to staff: You might consider FIFA beneath your incredible gaming skills, but a great many of your readers don't. We want to know what the game is like before we spend our money. I don't care whether you are predisposed to hating FIFA. You've got a job to do, so do it. The review managed to offer no insight whatsoever into the game at all, yet it still found space for a score at the end!

Poor all round methinks.

As for the comment about ONM not sounding as good as NOM, well it used to be ONM and I always prefered that so I'm glad for the return.

Thats what I thought.

The mag has been goin down hill for a long time. It used to be really good, or was it because I was younger? Anyway they should let Tim stay on, get Rich, shaun and a couple of the old Nintendo and CUBE team in there aswell.

I'm hoping Chandra can restore the good name of Nintendo magazines. He's read enough forums to know what people want, so I'm confident the new ONM will be a lot better. I think he mentioned that the magazine was more in the 18-years-old range than the "current" NOM.

Sounds good, all that colouring in pictures and club seal, made me feel like i was reading a magazine aimed at 8year olds.

I used to buy the magazine every month, since the early N64 days. I stopped buying it half way through this year because it just wasn't worth it anymore. I can't wait to see how the new magazine is, hopefully it recognises that we're not all under the age of 12.

I used to buy super play (best SNES mag ever) but it went bust and in their last issue recommended it's readers to go and read ONM so i did and have got it when i can throughout the years even after the change to NOM.. Ill be interested in this next change to see what it's like.

I hope not too many of the CUBE folk come over.. I didn't like CUBE at all. Its layout, the style, everything.. However, I'm sure they can write differently.

NOM was at it's best during the early GC days, when it was kinda modern and sleek. I was disappointed when they re-kiddyfied it. I think that was more an Emap decision to increase sales, though.

I used to love the old days, when a black and white gameboy game could get a 6-page review <3

Yeah, when the GC came out and they relaunched the magazine. It rivaled NGC and Cube. But, things couldn't last... slowly they dropped more and more little features of the mag and it really is becoming a joke.

Lets hope the next magazine will be good with a new team behind it.

I used to buy super play (best SNES mag ever) but it went bust and in their last issue recommended it's readers to go and read ONM so i did and have got it when i can throughout the years even after the change to NOM.. Ill be interested in this next change to see what it's like.

didn't super play become n64 magazine which became NGC? or am i wrong...?

well, i look forward to a magazine with chandra back at the helm but yeh i think the rest of the staff need to be new, or at least more dedicated to nintendo than the rest of the cube team - bring back Gary! lol! :D

so is the magazine starting at issue one again? i ask because the current issue (bought two, will do the same next month and keep one of each in its bag... ebay them in about five to ten years ;) you should too folks!) states several times that it is the final ever issue of NOM. they do state very quickly that something is HAPPENING to it rather than it being cancelled, and that a new "Official Nintendo Magazine" will be out with a new team, Future Publishing even gets a mention in the letters pages. but for the most part they talk about the rug being pulled out from uner them, there's the "game over" page (although in fairness it does have two options of "quit" or "restart") and several other instances of it basically saying it is cancelled outright.

so what do we know? next month shall be a fresh take on the same magazine or a completely new start? can't wait either way, very intriguing teaser in last months's NGC, hopefully more details in this month's!

I dont think NOM was as kiddy as people make it out to be...Some of their jokes were slightly dirty, and 1 was kinda sick really. The problem was that it was too much jokes and crap, and not enough reviews and gaming info.

It was a kiddier magazine than most others thoguh. Hopefully the next wont be as much and Nintendo are working on this image. Especially with things like Ubisofts shoot-em-up.

What's happening about subscriptions btw?!?! :wtf:

so when does the new one come out, they havnt put a date on the last one of course. i hope they actually do a better 'your scores' thing(where you submit your score and go onto a table), the winners had to go down to their place or something, that put me of it.

they did do some good compos at odd times, once it was a TV with prince of presia i think but you had to draw the ending or something of the game, i hope the new people do better compos

I had bought NOM for years since the start of the N64's life but stopped buying it about september 05 as it was really bad and only just got a flick though by me.

Bring back Dave and his awesome kickass shirts :heh:

I don't think it could ever be as bad as it was a few years back when they seemed to be obsessed with wrestling for a while.

Seal was great before he left (he left just after the N64 launched) but when they brought him back he wasn't that good at all.

I look forward to the changes, liking the new name alreadly Official Nintendo Magazine sounds so much better than Nintendo Official Magazine.

Just hope that one day we get a demo disc.

I had bought NOM for years since the start of the N64's life but stopped buying it about september 05 as it was really bad and only just got a flick though by me.

Bring back Dave and his awesome kickass shirts :heh:

NOM was at its worst in the N64 days, IMO. Simon Clays killed it for me.

If they start giving out freakin' discs with trailers on them every issue, I won't buy them. I liked NOM for having nice little useful things. The Paper Mario mousemat, the Calendar. That's stuff is useful, I will be really pissed if it's Gameplay footage of upcoming releases. I don't want that, that's crap.

I mostly brought NOM for the humour, I really couldn't give a crap about the whole in-depth reviews and such. In fact, I was one who hardly ever read the reviews unless I had already heard good things. They gave some pretty funny captions, even if they were a little childish, still funny.

I hope the layout is like NOM's too. Can't stand looking at Cube's to be honest, and Edge, plenty of reading stuff there, but I'm not one to read in the end.

I mostly brought NOM for the humour, I really couldn't give a crap about the whole in-depth reviews and such.

I thought this type of person didn't exist, so I checked your profile, your age is hidden, I can only assume your young. If not, god have mercy upon you. The humour was poor, and whats the point of buying a magazine thats typically about reviews/previews and news, if you couldn't care for a well written in depth magazine.

I thought this type of person didn't exist, so I checked your profile, your age is hidden, I can only assume your young. If not, god have mercy upon you. The humour was poor, and whats the point of buying a magazine thats typically about reviews/previews and news, if you couldn't care for a well written in depth magazine.

It's not like I don't read reviews, it's just that I can't give a crap about NOM's in-depth reviews. Being NOM, it's most likely bias, and the score is usually higher then it deserves.

I liked the humour, it was childish and lame, sure, but that's pretty much what made it funny. Also, quite a few letters made me laugh, to be honest, NOM did pick quite a few bad letters over good ones. Seriously, some of them are about nothing really, except "my frend says" or "tendo go m$???!".

I do buy magazines for reviews and such, just not NOM, I'll pick up something else up for reviews.

If they start giving out freakin' discs with trailers on them every issue, I won't buy them. I liked NOM for having nice little useful things. The Paper Mario mousemat, the Calendar. That's stuff is useful, I will be really pissed if it's Gameplay footage of upcoming releases. I don't want that, that's crap.

I disagree, I don't think gameplay footage is crap, I just want gameplay footage that is isn't available at say Gamespot. Also, thte Nintendo merchandise is cool sometimes but other times it just seems so uneccesary, stuff that you'll look at once and just put away.

In conclusion, I want demo discs (unlikly I know, but hey!)

I can still remember the first ever time I bought NOM. It had a big preview of 40 Winks.

:'(

I can still remember the first ever time I bought NOM. It had a big preview of 40 Winks.

:'(

Heh, weird, that was my first buy of NOM I'm pretty sure, I was damn hyped up about that game, looking back I cannot see why.

And dyu know what happend in the end?

I read and realised that NOM was crap,

and 40 Winks was never released on the N64, instead finding home on the Playstation (or GREY!!!station as NOM used to pathetically dub it) :nono: