Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

recommend any manga/japanese films?

spirited away

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean anime, then my holy trinity is cowboy bebop, mai hime and samurai champloo (yes I know that two of them are Watanabe).

Actually, they're TV series' rather than films (although there is a cowboy bebop film).

Go for anything by Miyazaki (which I can see you've already investigated) or Ghost in the Shell.

Also, are you into manga?

nah! GITS2 is a stunning film to look at-seamless intergration of CG and traditional animation a great follow up story if you can follow it and the stunning realisation about the 'dolls' made me cry!!! its a film thats more abstract than the first but is still solid if a lil mind bending!

anywho DEFINATLY BUY Ghost In The Shell then decided wether or not tosee GITS 2 based on your liking of the first

just searched it on amazon , noticed alot of hellsing books as well...

princess mononoke 42 pounds! y is it so much on amazon!

im willing to spend £40-£50 on some manga/anime films

i like the look of nausicaa, its not too expensive

can anyone tell me more about it before i order it?

indeed, ill say it before guy does. but evangelion is one to definatly watch. ive seen many clips, and the animation is really cool. Akira is perhaps the snow white for disney. as it was incredibly expensive to make at the time, and it was completely hand animated. (right?)

hellsing is 13 episodes, and the whole series can be bought on dvd pretty cheap.

they are making a new series that is more true to the manga this year, one to watch.

i think you're right about akira. its all hand drawn. it also happens to be one of the best movies I've ever seen in my life. watch it.

You Gotta see Princess Mononoke too. more watchable than Spirited Away IMO. great cast of voice talent too. really helps.

Nausicaa- its about a princess from the valley of the winds who has to save her people from being used in an attempt to weild 'the warrior' against an overgowing poisenous forest thats is slowly killing all the humans on earth-very environmental and anti-war and a classic!!! studio Ghiblis first and its based on Hayao Miyazaki's own best selling mange-or so it tells me on the back of the box hehe

i got it with The Cat Returns of HMV. com for £20 ish i think!

good luck!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!