NEurope
Goafer

Game Posters

Figured I could do with some Illustrator practice seeing as I don't use it that often at work and it's one of my weaker areas. Decided to use no stock vectors or tracing, so everything is drawn from scratch.

fp,375x360,black,off_white,box20,s,ffffff.jpg

If RedBubble didnt charge so much for those I would probably buy that Shadow of the Colossus one, its so good!

I'm not overly fond of Wander in that one, but I'm happy with the Colossus.

The plan is to get them printed poster size and framed once I move out and have more wall space. Just need to think of games I like enough and would make good posters.

I was planning on getting some posters made through Zazzle.co.uk as they seem a lot cheaper than RedBubble and do them in the sizes I need. Ever used them?

I normally get most of my prints done at DS Colour Labs. Don't know how they compare to other places price wise, but they have a huge selection of sizes and finishes. Very quick delivery too from what I remember.

They look great - perhaps try the Journey one without the text.

It started off without the text, but it looked a bit bare:

Untitled-1-5.jpg

I did add some extra hills into the mid ground, but I didn't like them. The plan was to have text in all of them (I'm planning a series of them), but it would be too clustered with Shadow of the Colossus in the middle. Might work on that one a bit.

Edited by Goafer

First attempt at a Mass Effect one. Will come back to this later I think.

Not too keen on this one, but meh, I tried.

I think this looks good, but it might look cool with a silhouette of the good Doc' in the dome. With a fading gradient on it, downwards.

The Mass Effect one is sublime.

I think this looks good, but it might look cool with a silhouette of the good Doc' in the dome. With a fading gradient on it, downwards.

The Mass Effect one is sublime.

Yeah, I was thinking about some sort of silhouette. The problem I have is that it's already too detailed. I'm not sure adding Robotnik/Eggman will help that. Maybe if I grey out the flyer (keeping very faded/dark colours) and add the silhouette of him, it may work.

I'll rethink that one.

Not technically a game, but Two Best Friends:

It started off without the text, but it looked a bit bare:

Untitled-1-5.jpg

I did add some extra hills into the mid ground, but I didn't like them. The plan was to have text in all of them (I'm planning a series of them), but it would be too clustered with Shadow of the Colossus in the middle. Might work on that one a bit.

If this was the size of a regular poster, I'd buy that for my wall. Alas its too expensive for that kinda thing on redbubble.

If this was the size of a regular poster, I'd buy that for my wall. Alas its too expensive for that kinda thing on redbubble.

They do posters as well. The link is at the bottom. I just default it to frames as the poster preview is horrendous.

Not sure what the price is though for RedBubble posters compared to other places. I could look into ordering one from my usual print place if you like?

Also, new poster:

Edited by Goafer
Automerged Doublepost

I've been training in our graphic design department for the last year or so, so I've mainly picked up what I know from that, although we rarely use Illustrator. Other than that, I've just been messing around in my free time, which is what you're seeing in this thread.

These are looking awesome. Really dig the super clean stylised approach.

They do posters as well. The link is at the bottom. I just default it to frames as the poster preview is horrendous.

Not sure what the price is though for RedBubble posters compared to other places. I could look into ordering one from my usual print place if you like?

That'd be pretty sweet, but I'm blind how much is that?

That'd be pretty sweet, but I'm blind how much is that?

It would depend what size you want them really. I made them so that they can be printed up to A0 size, so just let me know what size you want and I'll find out.

It's £25 for that size, which isn't actually that much better than RedBubble. I guess large prints are expensive, especially if they're a one off. I normally get smaller prints from them and they're much more reasonable.

It's £25 for that size, which isn't actually that much better than RedBubble. I guess large prints are expensive, especially if they're a one off. I normally get smaller prints from them and they're much more reasonable.

That's a little too much for a poster.

Its only because I've not really found a decent sized journey posted yet. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough. But thanks anyway.