N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 28: The Underground World

Haden

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though you're going to lose out on 2 or 3 games of dv?

I see what you did there.

And yes, it makes no difference to me. I'd forego a bit of dv to try it a new format. Dv is not the most important thing in the world after all.

Yes :p

So the CL format... it's quite straight forward really.

You can group teams any way that fits. The only even way of doing it for our size of 30 teams is 6 groups of 5 or 2 groups of 15. The top teams from each group (either a total of 8 or 16) teams qualify for a straight knockout and the winner of the knockout gets the trophy. The knockouts are played at a neutral ground so there are only three extra games per season for the teams that make it through - and even then only two teams get the benefit of 3 extra games.

I don't think I want to run it 8-8-7-7 because that's even more games the lower divisions would miss out on. So would people prefer two groups of 15 or six groups of 5?

I don't think I want to run it 8-8-7-7 because that's even more games the lower divisions would miss out on. So would people prefer two groups of 15 or six groups of 5?

I think that the teams in the leagues of 7 wouldn't miss out on DV from those matches. Their DV would just be worth more from the matches they play. The teams that qualify for the knock out would gain extra DV. We've had seasons in the past with fewer teams in one league.

I think that the teams in the leagues of 7 wouldn't miss out on DV from those matches. Their DV would just be worth more from the matches they play. The teams that qualify for the knock out would gain extra DV. We've had seasons in the past with fewer teams in one league.

It would work out like that dv-wise, I'd rather the lower leagues weren't waiting around for the higher ones to finish though. So if we have a chance for it to all be even, I'd rather do that :)

It would work out like that dv-wise, I'd rather the lower leagues weren't waiting around for the higher ones to finish though. So if we have a chance for it to all be even, I'd rather do that :)

They'd only be waiting for 2 match days though, then the knock out stages would start that include 2 teams from each of those leagues.

If we were really quick about it we could start tournament for those not in the CL on the same day as the CL starts.

That's a good double jump for Silverio :)

Just realised I didn't post my own change report what with all the CL talk. It was quite good overall but I think next season I'll have to raise my defence a lot to get another jump out of them!

Untitled_zpsb0bf2f13.png

Brammer double jumped last season so the only real disappointment was Nat Dowell who didn't visibly jump. He might be on the cusp, of course :p

Edited by The Peeps

If we're only going to do it for one season, then all 30 teams should be involved. If it's going to become a semi-permanent thing, then I would be in favour of a 7-7-8-8 format.

Yes :p

So the CL format... it's quite straight forward really.

You can group teams any way that fits. The only even way of doing it for our size of 30 teams is 6 groups of 5 or 2 groups of 15. The top teams from each group (either a total of 8 or 16) teams qualify for a straight knockout and the winner of the knockout gets the trophy. The knockouts are played at a neutral ground so there are only three extra games per season for the teams that make it through - and even then only two teams get the benefit of 3 extra games.

There are more ways than that: 5 groups of 6, 3 groups of 10...

In my opinion the best way to do it would be 5 groups of 6. Top three plus the highest point-scoring 4th place finish would progress to a round of 16. Everyone would be guaranteed 10 matches and over half of teams would get 11 matches.

There is now a vote on our forums on Xpert. The forum can be found in the discussion tab at the top of the league page.

Our 30th season is coming up and we've had a suggestion of changing to a champions league format to celebrate/shake things up.

This would mean changing the layout of the league. With 30 teams, we could to six groups of 5 or two groups of 15. The winners of the groups would go into a knockout cup of 8 or 16 teams.

The amount of DV you can earn is worked out by how many matches you are scheduled to play in a season. The knockout stages are bonus matches. This means no one will 'miss out' on dv/match experience but the winning teams will get extra games for bonus dv. That's a nice incentive to try and win your division but it does not mean you have any less chance to develop your team than you do now.

The positions of teams in these new divisions would be based on your final placement in season 29. If we change back to normal for season 31, we would go back to 3 divisions and your team's placement would be based on where you finished in season 30.

Please go there to vote!

@Zell if we had an uneven amount of groups, wouldn't that mean some groups would have a better chance at getting into the knockout stages than others? Like 3 groups of 10 would mean 3 from two groups and 2 from another to go through to the knockout stages?

I've amended the poll on there to include the other options anyway.

Edited by The Peeps

Usually I only buy vanillas, but with plenty of money and a need of freekick taker I invested in 17-4 with the freekick ability. Cost me 3.4 million which is roughly what he's worth as well. Still got another six million but I don't see the need to buy more players at the moment.

There is now a vote on our forums on Xpert. The forum can be found in the discussion tab at the top of the league page.

Please go there to vote!

@Zell if we had an uneven amount of groups, wouldn't that mean some groups would have a better chance at getting into the knockout stages than others? Like 3 groups of 10 would mean 3 from two groups and 2 from another to go through to the knockout stages?

We're going to have that situation anyway unless the number of groups is 2, 4, 8, 16 etc.

Example for 6 groups of 5. The top 2 progress... that leaves us with 12 teams in the knockouts. We still need 4 more teams to bring the number up to 16. The way this would presumably be resolved is by having the 4 highest point scoring 3rd place teams go through as well.

5 groups of 6 would be better because more games would be played and we would only need one extra team to get to 16 (rather than 4).

The best situation would be if we got rid of 2 inactive teams to bring the total number of teams down to 28. Then we could have 4 groups of 7: the top 2 or top 4 would progress to a round of 8 or 16 and there would be no need to "make up the numbers" - the same number of teams from each group would go through.

If you're confused, look at my Google Doc.

I also didn't know you could do 2 groups of 15, I thought the max for a division was 10.

Please go there to vote!

Where's the 8-8-7-7 option in the poll?