N-Europe

More Mega Man Heading To 3DS VC

Hero-of-Time

Capcom have announced that more Mega Man games will be heading to the 3DS VC later on in the year.

HERE

The games getting a release are:

• Mega Man II (GameBoy)
  • Mega Man III (GameBoy)
  • Mega Man IV (GameBoy)
  • Mega Man V (GameBoy)
  • Mega Man Xtreme (GameBoy Color)
  • Mega Man Xtreme 2 (GameBoy Color)

Yeah. I have played it once, and it was not very good. If I remember correctly, it wasn't even developed or released by Capcom at the time.

The more the merrier I think. If buying these games bring us even a little step closer to some day getting Megaman Legends 3, I'm ready to take it. Besides, most of these Virtual Console Megaman games are genuinely good. I'd get them anyway.

If you ask me, they aren't nearly as good as their NES counterparts. But considering that GB-titles remixed elements from the NES games, I think they did a good job enough. Megaman IV and V are my favorites of the GB games, mainly because they both add things of their own, rather than remixing.

I also played Xtreme games, but I remember nothing of those. Will be good times playing those ones again, if Capcom decides to bring them to Europe, that is...

EDIT: What Dcubed said. Megaman II was actually done by different team than the rest of the games. So maybe that's why it's different. It also uses a strange sounds all over.

Edited by Andyliini

Cool. How do you think they stand up to the NES games, qualitatively speaking?

First of all, I should say that each Gameboy game borrows elements from two NES games. MMII borrows from 2&3, MMIII borrows from 3&4, etc.

Megaman: Dr. Wily's Revenge (this one was already on the VC) is good and polished, but very, very short. Probably the shortest Megaman there is.

Megaman II is bad.

Megaman III is good.

Megaman IV is really good. Fleshed out what Megaman 4 and 5 could've (and should've) been, while introducing the "Chip" system that would later appear in Megaman 7

Megaman V doesn't borrow from any NES game, and stands completely on its own. One of the best in the series. If you only buy one, buy this one.

Ah, aren't NIntendo nice to Capcom giving all this space for their VC games... same week Capcom don't release the new street fighter and Stryder game on the wii u...

In the future Nintendo won't be able to release Capcoms virtual console games because there won't be any