N-Europe

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Zechs Merquise

Single Player Campaign Trailer

Call of Duty reaches new levels of retardedness. Firstly, the space shuttles have been taken out of service, as they were too expensive to maintain. To the point that NASA have stated that they're not sure such a machine will EVER be financially viable. And to develop such a machine is out of the question, as the US is on the brink of financial armageddon.

Secondly, the same financial facts are true for developing a space artillery unit. Not to mention that militarization of space is against international law.

Thirdly "A true patriot doesen't just give his life for his country, but his sons" is so chest-thumpingly patriotic and distasteful that I almost puked in my mouth when I heard it. And I'm the guy who gladly performed his compulsory military service to perhaps someday defend his country for real!

Fourthly, this seems to take place in the near future. And the russians barelly use any equipment displayed in that video anymore, because it's ANCIENT. The russians have more than doubled their military expenses since 2008 and are developing high-tech stuff on-par with the US.

Fifthly, how can a few artillery shells cripple the US to such an extent that it's open to attack? Blasting off ten nukes wouldn't ruin americas chances to defend itself, let alone whatever ammount of artillery that puny satellite can hold.

And of course, the singleplayer is going to be as linear as ever and the Wii U version won't get DLC. In other words, it's a pass for me, and I hope everyone else here. The unfortunate fact is that the only shooter even remotely worth considering on the Wii U is Sniper Elite.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call of Duty reaches new levels of retardedness. Firstly, the space shuttles have been taken out of service, as they were too expensive to maintain. To the point that NASA have stated that they're not sure such a machine will EVER be financially viable. And to develop such a machine is out of the question, as the US is on the brink of financial armageddon.

Secondly, the same financial facts are true for developing a space artillery unit. Not to mention that militarization of space is against international law.

Thirdly "A true patriot doesen't just give his life for his country, but his sons" is so chest-thumpingly patriotic and distasteful that I almost puked in my mouth when I heard it. And I'm the guy who gladly performed his compulsory military service to perhaps someday defend his country for real!

Fourthly, this seems to take place in the near future. And the russians barelly use any equipment displayed in that video anymore, because it's ANCIENT. The russians have more than doubled their military expenses since 2008 and are developing high-tech stuff on-par with the US.

Fifthly, how can a few artillery shells cripple the US to such an extent that it's open to attack? Blasting off ten nukes wouldn't ruin americas chances to defend itself, let alone whatever ammount of artillery that puny satellite can hold.

Sixthly it's a videogame.

...The unfortunate fact is that the only shooter even remotely worth considering on the Wii U is Sniper Elite.

Hogge, that statement there is as much bollocks as the trailer for the campaign is!

CoD campaigns have been dire post MW. The multiplayer is always decent enough though, even if BO2's was riddled with lag-compensation issues... DLC or no DLC.

The reason I'll get this over other versions... to game with my mates from here and to make use of the Wiimote if the TV is free.

Sixthly it's a videogame.

It's the biggest franchise around right now (unfortunately) and the developers should know much better. My third statement is what buggs me the most. Because people whom have studied 80's action have called those movies "secretly fascist". The statement in this trailer is all-out Die Untergang-level fascist!

Also, it's played by impressionable kids. Kids who in general don't even know what the cold war was. Kids whom in some cases think that war is just like Call of Duty and sometimes try to join the military for that reason.

It's the biggest franchise around right now (unfortunately) and the developers should know much better. My third statement is what buggs me the most. Because people whom have studied 80's action have called those movies "secretly fascist". The statement in this trailer is all-out Die Untergang-level fascist!

Also, it's played by impressionable kids. Kids who in general don't even know what the cold war was. Kids whom in some cases think that war is just like Call of Duty and sometimes try to join the military for that reason.

It's no different than the movie industry. Hell, I grew up watching one man army action flicks like Rambo and Commando. People these days are far too uppity and over think things.

At no point have the CoD developers said that this game will be an accurate representation of real life events. They set out to make a fun game, not a real life war simulator.

It's also not the developers fault that kids play the game. It has a rating, again like movies, and it's up to the parents to make the decision as to whether they allow their kids to play it or not.

And of course, the singleplayer is going to be as linear as ever and the Wii U version won't get DLC. In other words, it's a pass for me, and I hope everyone else here. The unfortunate fact is that the only shooter even remotely worth considering on the Wii U is Sniper Elite.

What are you talking about??? Everyone here is buying it. That's why we're in this thread. What's more, it's the ONLY shooter worth getting.

It isn't having anything cut from the disk, it's parity if not better than the other versions as it has extra control options and the ability to play multi-player without split screen.

The fact it won't get DLC simply means you don't get the option to pay extra for new maps.

Sniper Elite on the other hand was an utter joke. The disk was not parity and had the whole online mode totally cut - yet was released at the same full price. Sniper Elite is also utterly linear, just like most modern FPS campaigns.

There is nothing fascist about these games. They're basically like 80s action movies - good fun! The game isn't about the cold war, and as America is being invaded by enemies 'from south of the equator' I'm pretty sure it's not the Russians. Unless Russia has migrated.

The Infinity Ward games have decent single player campaigns - especially the original Modern Warfare. And this game clearly isn't going for realism or trying to be a simulation. It just looks like a fun game.

If you don't like it, don't play it, but don't come on here preaching to everyone else and making out that we're all buying into some evil machine simply because we play military FPS games!

Decided to place a preorder for this. Shopto don't seem to have it at all. Went to game, homepage there's a cod ghosts banner, click it - "coming out for ps3, 360, ps4 and xbox one" yeah whatever, click on the VIEW ALL on games - every version there EXCEPT THE WII U VERSION!!! It's there is you search cod ghosts, but not in this specific area they're advertising. Why wouldn't they?! So ridiculous. Just to make sure it's even harder for people to buy the game on the wii u.

Decided to place a preorder for this. Shopto don't seem to have it at all. Went to game, homepage there's a cod ghosts banner, click it - "coming out for ps3, 360, ps4 and xbox one" yeah whatever, click on the VIEW ALL on games - every version there EXCEPT THE WII U VERSION!!! It's there is you search cod ghosts, but not in this specific area they're advertising. Why wouldn't they?! So ridiculous. Just to make sure it's even harder for people to buy the game on the wii u.

Buy it from your local supermarket on launch day... oh wait.. thats not going to work is it.

I might pre-order from Zavvi, but they don't have it up yet for Wii U. The only thing is pre-orders scare me in case they don't arrive, so I might see closer to the date if Tesco are getting it for Wii U and go in for the midnight launch and brave the laughter as I'm the only one getting it for Wii U.

Also, great video discussing the good, the bad and the ugly aspects of the new COD:

How much are Grainger charging for it? Seems the Wii U version is £45 most places.

Probably £45 too. I don't know, I'll pay £50 if I need to... I know I'll put the hours in to make it worthwhile. As long as I get my copy I'm ok.

I might pre-order from Zavvi, but they don't have it up yet for Wii U. The only thing is pre-orders scare me in case they don't arrive, so I might see closer to the date if Tesco are getting it for Wii U and go in for the midnight launch and brave the laughter as I'm the only one getting it for Wii U.

Also, great video discussing the good, the bad and the ugly aspects of the new COD:

If you want it for launch then maybe dont order from Zavvi. Amazon, game and shop to are always very good for preorders

If you want it for launch then maybe dont order from Zavvi. Amazon, game and shop to are always very good for preorders

Amazon have been iffy in the past for getting games to you at launch as well. I don't really want to use GAME purely out of principal. I was thinking of getting it at my local Argos but they don't seem to be stocking the Wii U version. All the supermarkets near me don't stock Wii U goods either.

Grainger games may be my only option and failing that I will be forced to use GAME.

Amazon have been iffy in the past for getting games to you at launch as well. I don't really want to use GAME purely out of principal. I was thinking of getting it at my local Argos but they don't seem to be stocking the Wii U version. All the supermarkets near me don't stock Wii U goods either.

Grainger games may be my only option and failing that I will be forced to use GAME.

It's mad how little people are still stocking the wii u, even at christmas. It has to have SOME impact on sales surely. Most people won't be as persistent as us to get a game! Same thing happened with Need for speed!

• 2 weeks later...
Squads mode trailer.

That sounds amazing and if Lag Compensation is as bad as it was on Black Ops 2, I don't think it'll be as big a deal this time as we'll have this.

Safeguard - 4 player Spec Ops mode from MW3 that we all wanted!

The organised and unbeatable N-E clan will return.

Edited by lostmario

Mark Rubin has just announced this.

HOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE: I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online.”

Apparently he basically admitted Microsoft paid IW to only talk about XBone when dedicated servers were brought up and discussed in the press.

Mark Rubin has just announced this.

"HOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE: I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online.”

Apparently he basically admitted Microsoft paid IW to only talk about XBone when dedicated servers were brought up and discussed in the press.

Dedicated servers?!

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/07/call-of-duty-ghosts-to-use-dedicated-servers-on-all-platforms

FUCK YES!

Edited by Kav

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!