N-Europe

Pissed!! >:-(

CompSci

I'm guessing he went and bought a whole new motherboard so he could use the 7800 because he originally had an AGP socket but his computer was otherwise kickarse..................I could be wrong though.

I think it's great news personally, as alot of people thought that Nvidia had said goodbye to AGP sockets with the release of the 7800.

i brought a x850xt pe, cause i thought ATI and NVIDIA said they were not porting any of the new series of gfx card to the agp format, but as you can see they are, well NVIDIA at least, and ati will follow suit no doubt, well at least i brought the x850xt pe at a cheap price alaa £200

i brought a x850xt pe, cause i thought ATI and NVIDIA said they were not porting any of the new series of gfx card to the agp format, but as you can see they are, well NVIDIA at least, and ati will follow suit no doubt, well at least i brought the x850xt pe at a cheap price alaa £200

Where did you buy it from?

Where did you buy it from?

eBay, yes i know what your thinking, but i always check the sellers feedback and ask preivous buyers about there experiance witht he said seller, i also check if the have buyers protection etc, anyhow it was brand new and sealed, i had it now for like 3 months and its perfect, i also brought my 19' tft from eBay for £300 :awesome: (its worth £380 - £450) brand new and sealed so its all good

untitled9fy.jpg

So your new motherboard has pci express or somethin'?

no my moba has agp, but i am saying i just brought a £200 card, figuring that no new cards would be coming out ( as stated by nvidia and ATI), but as you can see they are, so in my mind i feel that i wasted £200, where i could judt waited a few months and get the the line of GPU's, but as i stated before at least i did not pay full price for the X850xt pe, any how this card should last me a while, then i will be buying a new PC any how with the new line of GPu's that will be out in 2k7/8

To be honest you would have probably benefited more by buying a PCI-E MObo instead of a new AGP GPU.

maybe, but the comp is pretty old, so i wanted to get the last once of breath from it, before i buy a new comp, which will in 2k7/8 aslo £200 for a x850xt pe was a steal

i dont understand why you're so upset. These things happen to everyone buying computer parts - something better comes out a few months later, at the same price. And you cant rely on what a company says they will do, cause these things sometimes change.

I can see exactly why he's upset, because I thought the same thing as him when I heard about it (I read outside of these forums, I don't really visit here much anymore except when I'm incredibly bored like now) because I thought the X850XT PE was going to be the last and best AGP card around.

Not that it matters to me because I'm still chugging along on a 9800 Pro but still, I didn't expect anyone to release a newer AGP card.