NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

So the headlines say United have won their last 4 amongst other less favourable terms. Let's look at it. Hull, Norwich and Aston Villa. Not exactly powerhouses of the game. Your other victory was against West Ham.

Bar say maybe Hull all the other teams are battling relegation with their managers close to the chop. Also, some of those victories were scraped by the narrowest of margins and not deserved. Paper and cracks spring to mind.

Chelsea are doing the same thing and I f%cking hate it.

So the headlines say United have won their last 4 amongst other less favourable terms. Let's look at it. Hull, Norwich and Aston Villa. Not exactly powerhouses of the game. Your other victory was against West Ham.

Bar say maybe Hull all the other teams are battling relegation with their managers close to the chop. Also, some of those victories were scraped by the narrowest of margins and not deserved. Paper and cracks spring to mind.

I love the taste of Scouse Tears. Why not support your team instead of worrying about United and Chelsea all the time? I'm surprised you've finally gotten over Chelsea's Champions League victory. ;)

I love the taste of Scouse Tears. Why not support your team instead of worrying about United and Chelsea all the time? I'm surprised you've finally gotten over Chelsea's Champions League victory. ;)

Who says I'm a Scouse? I've never said I support any team from that region. Oh I get it just because I hate United and Chelsea that must automatically mean I'm a Liverpool fan. Loads of supporters hate United and Chelsea, it's not some exclusive club you know.

Good way to distract from my point and ignore it completely. You are both playing like $h!t, it's one thing to ignore it but at least you didn't deny it. ;)

And no I've not gotten over Chelsea's Bus Cup negative football win. It's still a raw wound.

I vaguely recall it wasn't a team from UK Wii supports, I think it is something like Barca. He has that glory hunter style about him.

Who says I'm a Scouse? I've never said I support any team from that region. Oh I get it just because I hate United and Chelsea that must automatically mean I'm a Liverpool fan. Loads of supporters hate United and Chelsea, it's not some exclusive club you know.

I swear you posted YNWA before in a thread. I'm about 99% sure of it.

Good way to distract from my point and ignore it completely. You are both playing like $h!t, it's one thing to ignore it but at least you didn't deny it. ;)

Not sure what you're on about, brah. I've been the first to admit that we've been playing like shit since the start of the season. Not sure why you suddenly think it's a new thing that United fans have been ignoring.

And no I've not gotten over Chelsea's Bus Cup negative football win. It's still a raw wound.

ps4_banderas.gif

It's apple and oranges trying to say who the best player in the league is. I'd go for Ramsey because i'm biased but then Suarez has been phenomenal as well. Suarez will always get the votes though because he's a flesh eating maniac and Rambo is just a quiet guy from the valleys.

The best teams are the ones who scrape out victories even when they aren't playing well.

Charlie where's yo damn avatar?

I was hotlinking and the whoever was donating me their server space obviously decided enough was enough!

I was hotlinking and the whoever was donating me their server space obviously decided enough was enough!

Sort it out!

Looking forward to Chelsea v Liverpool match, hopefully Suarez has eaten lunch beforehand this time and doesn't get hungry again!

Geordies you gave us one hell of a battle today. Fair play to you. Ref was utter shit for both sides. How Tiote avoided a booking I do not know.

Geordies you gave us one hell of a battle today. Fair play to you. Ref was utter shit for both sides. How Tiote avoided a booking I do not know.

I think the ref forgot his whistle today.

I think the ref forgot his whistle today.

The worst decision was a blatant foul by Flamini in the first half on the edge of our box. The ref gave us a goal kick. Utterly bizarre. It was that close some refs would have bollocksed it up even worse and given a pen.

Good game, probably the best we've played this season so far. I don't know how we managed to keep Saurez fairly quiet given the form he's on.

I'm still shocked one of our strikers scored! Haha

That was pathetic from Howard Webb. 2 games in a row where big decisions have gone against us. How did Etoo not go in the 1st min, how the fuck did we not get a penalty? Oscar at the end as well the dirty little wanker.

The worst decision was a blatant foul by Flamini in the first half on the edge of our box. The ref gave us a goal kick. Utterly bizarre. It was that close some refs would have bollocksed it up even worse and given a pen.

I thought Tiote on Walcott right at the start when he was getting played through was just as bad. Walcott had no reason to go down as he would've been in a great position.

I thought Tiote on Walcott right at the start when he was getting played through was just as bad. Walcott had no reason to go down as he would've been in a great position.

Very true, I'd forgotten about that one.

Why don't we talk about the refs decision last season not to send off Suarez for his bite and help you to draw against us in the final minute?

All evens out.

Why don't we talk about the refs decision last season not to send off Suarez for his bite and help you to draw against us in the final minute?

All evens out.

Because that was last season. How on earth can you use that to justify us being robbed of a penalty that could have got us a crucial point against a rival?

I didn't justify against the penalty. Please point where i did that... I personally think it was a foul but Suarez makes too big a deal out of it and since he had lost the ball, Webb probably thought it wasn't free kick worthy.

I'm saying referees seem to help teams all the time, Liverpool get their fair share of benefit as well.

As for Oscar, I think Lucas was lucky to get no punishment for his reaction so all evens on that one. Plus Lucas is scummy himself.

It's at the point now where there are big decisions are given the wrong call on a weekly basis. No single team is favoured, just like no one team is singled out and given decisions against them. However, the tipping point has now come or it is very close to that point. The fact that we have "selective" technology used in football is laughable. We have it for goal line incidents, which I admit are obviously very important. However, the incidents where the technology will be beneficial are few and far between. Maybe one incident a month, if that.

The fact that we haven't got replays for things such as off-the-ball incidents, or for fouls in the box, or handballs, or late challenges and lunges is a joke. These incidents happen weekly. Almost on a game by game basis. It's almost a blessing now when you can go through a game where a referee hasn't missed a big decision.

The argument that it "evens itself out" is wrong and bullshit, because it is then implying that things aren't even to begin with. It isn't much to ask for that the referees blow the whistle when it is a foul and give a penalty where penalties should be given.

I didn't justify against the penalty. Please point where i did that... I personally think it was a foul but Suarez makes too big a deal out of it and since he had lost the ball, Webb probably thought it wasn't free kick worthy.

I'm saying referees seem to help teams all the time, Liverpool get their fair share of benefit as well.

As for Oscar, I think Lucas was lucky to get no punishment for his reaction so all evens on that one. Plus Lucas is scummy himself.

Why bring it up then? Lucas grabbed his shirt, after Oscar flew in late and 2 footed. He's really not scummy in the slightest, like Oscar isn't, it was just a horrible challenge at the time that could have caused a bad injury.

I told you by I brought it up...to point out refereeing decisions went your way in our last encounter. Just so you don't get all high and mighty. saying everything always goes against Liverpool.

Again the surporting players like coutinho and Sterling just weren't up to the challenge, Suarez would do serious damage for Chelsea, City or Arsenal with more consistant players around him. Chelsea were the better side overall, but we so nearly could have got the draw.

I don't think Webb was biased, I just think he has a thing for needing to be really impressed to give a pen, ie you've basically got to snap the centre forward in half. When Gary Neville of all people calls it a stonewall Liverpool/Suarez pen, then you know it's a pen. I just think Howard reserve penalties for a stronger foul, he shouldn't though, if it's a freekick outside of the box then it should be a pen inside.

I give Webb credit for ignoring Hazard's tumble which wasn't a foul, I do think he wants to get decisions right and I think in his mind he thinks people will back him for not giving anything that looks 'soft'. Suarez's might have looked soft, but it was a foul. The balls of Jose to say Suarez should have been booked when Hazard took a far more blatant fall.

The Eto'o foul on Hendo could have gone either way, some refs make them straight reds, others yellow, I accept that, but how Webb didn't at least caution Eto'o was beyond me, infact it looked like he was trying to get Hendo up early too as though he was play-acting. I think Webb is just overly suspiscious of all players, it seems like the last thing he want's to do is send anyone off or give a pen unless he really has to.

Not saying he's a bent ref or even a bad one, just quite 'safe' for want of a better word. Refs can't really win though, if he sends Eto'o off then everyone says he spoiled the game, but since when was it the refs job to make the game entertaining? I wish refs were stricter, if a player getting deservedly sent off spoils the game then blame the player, not the ref just doing his job correctly.

I told you by I brought it up...to point out refereeing decisions went your way in our last encounter. Just so you don't get all high and mighty. saying everything always goes against Liverpool.

I never said everything goes against us. We had a brilliant chance against city taken away because of a piss poor call, and again we have been denied a penalty we could have scored and equalised.

It hurts more because it's away to really good teams. It's hard enough as it is to get a result at Stamford Bridge, so you want to be awarded penalties when your players are fouled in the box.

Like I said, an equaliser would have given us a decent point against a team we're right up there with, so it's disappointing.