NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

The default Mii costume is awful so I'm down with alts via Amiibo. Just hope the costumes can be used online or it's all a bit pointless...

Well the site it came from says that functionality comes with a patch that goes live on November 13th. I imagine that patch includes the data and the amiibo just unlocks it.

No. It should never be Nintendo Kart. Have other characters/stages as bonuses in DLC etc., sure, but never ever ever should they change Mario Kart to be Nintendo Kart.

It doesn't need to be.

You're very averse to change when it comes to Nintendo, aren't you?

I never use my Mii in Mario Kart 8 because I don't like the default costume..

If Amiibo is going to be put to fun little extras such as this in a multitude of games, it may well be worth picking up a few in future : peace:

You're very averse to change when it comes to Nintendo, aren't you?

No. I'm averse to destroying a franchise, though.

How do you know it would destroy the franchise? Aren't people playing it because it's fun rather than that the character they play as has a certain kind of hat the they see from the back of their karter's head?

And no, you're definitely averse to change. Because the mere suggestion of change would imply that Nintendo wasn't pretty much perfect in the first place.

Edited by Sheikah

For one, it'd kill track variety. Instead of getting cool new places like Sunshine Airport, all the stages will be done in order to give each character/series representation, and will most likely feature assets from those games, as seen with Smash.

Mario Kart is a decent franchise in itself. It has huge brand power, for one, so changing that is catastrophic. Not every game needs to suddenly become multifranchise.

It'd kill track variety...u wot m8?

Having every Nintendo related game universe to draw from versus one (that has been drawn from time and time again already). HMMM...

Isn't the DLC pretty much Nintendo Kart? We've got Link and Animal Crossing characters + tracks from various Nintendo games, dunno what you all are arguing about.

I think I'm gonna get the Captain Falcon Amiibo now, I was tempted to get one for Smash Bros but I was worried it wouldn't be utilised for other games. Seeing it'll give me a costume in Mario Kart 8 just sweetens the deal.

It'd kill track variety...u wot m8?

Having every Nintendo related game universe to draw from versus one (that has been drawn from time and time again already). HMMM...

I was referring to variety in regards to ingenuity and creativity.

I was referring to variety in regards to ingenuity and creativity.

Again, I still don't understand how you can claim in any way that you'd lose track diversity (in even a single aspect) by opening it up to any Nintendo franchise. They can can cover any Nintendo franchise they want, not just the ones that have a playable character related to them.

Hope this is full on Kirby in smash style suits and not just a racing suit with a face on it

And it is an alternative perk for owning the amiibo - nothing major, but a fun little extra. I would like a little bit of a bigger extra too though :D

Mario Kart is a huge brand name, it's what sells. They should leave it well enough alone, even if they do plan on diversifying it to all Nintendo IP.

And the official trailer for said DLC. November 13th

And the amiibo trailer

Most of the Amiibo costumes aren't great, but nothing to complain about. This, however, looks perfect:

QrwYaEq.jpg

Fun little amiibo integration, I really liked it. The new tracks look amazing.

Love it. Great idea.

I just realised I wonder how they'll make Link speak in this DLC, whatever it's like it'll sound weird.

I just realised I wonder how they'll make Link speak in this DLC, whatever it's like it'll sound weird.

He makes his usual grunts.

Absolutely stunning. So pleased they brought back SNES Rainbow Road (again)

I didn't want to see another Rainbow Road. Sure it's the original but I hate them and now that makes 3 in the game. It's a bit much.

Absolutely stunning. So pleased they brought back SNES Rainbow Road (again)

yeah me too, it's my favourite MK track of all time. I like this new take on it too, with holographic Thwomps lol