NEurope

I tried that once, struggled to concentrate so I gave up - but that was a biography so maybe I should try again with some fiction. Any recommendations?

river-god-by-wilbur-smith.jpg

Same sort of boat as you guys although I'm constantly trying to do new things which keep blowing up in my face. At the moment I'm working in a Call centre doing technical support. it's... ok... at least it's missing the drama from my previous job which is not far from what moogle was complaining about.

I've decided to leave the country and Teach English as a second language in a foreign country.

I now have the necessary experience, but I'm constantly hearing pros and cons from different locations. China is an area i'm interested in, but my friends( who went to an Irish owned school) said the area and school aren't great.

I'm kinda applying for everything at this point.

I enjoy my job. The position I'm in will look amazing on my CV when/if I'll need one (IT Manager, Manager, Director), everyone here is now friendly, my hours are great and the public transport is mostly great.

Some things aren't great, like the manual labour, but it does mix things up.

For a job I was extremely lucky to get, it's turned out quite well.

Oh wait, woes.

Well, my shoes do seem to get worn out pretty quickly. Even my workboots now have a hole in their sole.

river-god-by-wilbur-smith.jpg

I love that book so much. Must've read it about 5 times now, just as good each time.

Hmmmm, well i hadn't even considered the public sector to be honest - i'm assuming if i did, i would end up doing sewage or something horrible like that (my degree is in Fluid Dynamics).

I'm just a bit worried i won't really be qualified for any job when i start applying.

well it would probably get you in Land Drainage or something, could you not apply for an apprentice role somewhere? i know lots of people who got sent 1 day a week on the engineering course paid for buy their employer, it helps get a foot in the door and lowers debt. some who were full time managed to get jobs and switch to part time to do this

The public sector has very little in job benefits, the only saving grace is budgets are more flexible as are timescales (or were)

Apply for a job at my place Moogle, the guy I sit next to is leaving on Friday.

Apply for a job at my place Moogle, the guy I sit next to is leaving on Friday.

I'm really tempted to start applying for jobs. Alas, I need to play the long game.

I feel for you, Moogs, I do. Couple of years ago, "we" decided to open up a bi-lingual section in the school.

Long story short, the other two managers hired an American guy as homeroom teacher, a teacher who I had rejected a year previously due to his lack of teaching experience, ability and personality. I told them repeatedly that (a) hiring is MY job and (b) that this guy was going to be a disaster. Anyway, they decided to persevere with him getting worse and worse, more and more attitude-y and generally pissing everyone off, even to the point where his co-teacher resigned because she couldn't work with him. Oh, and he blackmailed the school into giving him a two-and-a-half hour lunch break.

Eventually he goes completely off the rails, scares the shit out of the kids, screams at his co-teacher and threatened me.

The school then throws it all into my lap because it's "Your responsibility". So I have to take the flak from the parents about this teacher, apologise for "the school" fucking up and generally be insulted by the other management. The lucky thing was, I saw this guy's meltdown coming a mile away, so the class was without a teacher for two days - I had hired his replacement three days before he went nuts.

Did I get thanked? Did I get commended?

Did I fuck. To this day I have not had any kind of apology, and now my contract negotiations are coming up. Guess who I'm going to fuck in the ass? YOU, YOU COCKS.

Goodness, I've had a lot to drink tonight...

My god, I don't know how you do it. I would've snapped a long time ago if I had been treated like you have been treated. My hat's off to you.

Consumer research.

See, it even rhymes with "Customer Service".

Come apply.

share . com