NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
laura_inthesky

1 PC - 2 Monitors

Basically, wat I want to do is have the video from my pc to come out of my pc monitor for word documents and internet browsing and my LCD TV for watching movies, games, etc...

Is there a way I can do this? I already have a cable that allows me to run 2 pcs on one monitor, is there a similar cable that allows me to run 1 pc on 2 monitors?

If you have a graphics card that has more than one output, you can do it. If you have then connect the LCD TV to digital output and your monitor to the analog one (assuming you have a CRT monitor)

It helps if you can post the model of your graphics card, then I could give more detailed explanation on how to do it.

Or just buy a cheap GFX card with a TV Out/Digital thingy and install that next to your current card.

i can sell you my old radeon all in wonder when i get back to england... it supports dual display.

Look at the back of the PC where the monitor plugs in (probably a big white or smaller blue plug).

Are there are any ports very close to it? Like a little round one with small holes?

Or another port like a fat white or blue one?

Need to know otherwise we can't tell you if you've got the capability to output more than one display.

Ahhh I've been wondering how to do this properly myself recently.... I've got 2 monitors plugged in and ermmmm I dunno how to make it so that certain things open on different screens.... Right now everything opens on my main monitor and I have to move it over..... Kinda feels like having them both ends up being pointless this way. XD

Darkcloud, you need to download ultramon! It adds a taskbar on your other screen so you can minimalise stuff on both screens. As for the opening on the same monitor issue, I find that when I drag it enough to the screen I want to, it kinda learns to stay there and thus open there next time.

Seems a lot of hassle to me personally. Who wants a PC DS?

?? You suck.

I have 3 monitors and would not go back.

?? You suck.

I have 3 monitors and would not go back.

Yeah I agree. You suck.

I've often got an extra screen linked to my lappy, and it increases workflow tenfold.

I can happily sit there editing my webpage with ConText/CuteFTP running on one screen and Firefox on the other refreshing with each change.

I also use it for when I'm ever doing anything in Flash or Director, as usually these programs flood your screen with menu's and tabs, so I just stretch the window across.

And that UltraMon is a diamond program.

I know I have, some complete stranger told me the stories...This indicates that many many people know these stories, possible EVERYBODY!

Ultramon is one of the most useful programs around. And Dual Screen owns Mono Screen easily (haven't tried three yet). I tried to go back but only held out for a few months, back on DS now ;)

Sign in to follow this