N-Europe

Nintendo Exp-element Mafia

DuD

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you may change your nomination as many times as you wish before the end of day.

Day will end at 7pm tonight.. I've ignored votes today to leave yous talking, to allow the last people to come online and see their roles without missing the start of the game and to allow nominations to come in.

Voting will resume to normal on Day 2.

Ignore my last post, my page did something funny at work. It's all been said.

And no Sheikah, it's not a good idea. As said, the mafia then know who not to kill, or can manipulate us into all voting for one person, and we don't actually have to vote as we say in the thread; meaning confusion can easily be spread because if things go wrong we don't know who/how/why it is.

Essentially, at D1, it's silly, unneccessary, and completely ridiculous to try.

Ignore my last post, my page did something funny at work. It's all been said.

And no Sheikah, it's not a good idea. As said, the mafia then know who not to kill, or can manipulate us into all voting for one person, and we don't actually have to vote as we say in the thread; meaning confusion can easily be spread because if things go wrong we don't know who/how/why it is.

Essentially, at D1, it's silly, unneccessary, and completely ridiculous to try.

Well that's fine, you knock yourself out doing whatever you want.

To everyone else: the Mafia will just steal the protection tonight, by voting one of their own players. The idea that without communicating with each other we will amass more votes on a single town player by chance than their group decision is really quite unlikely.

We may as well vote a player at random, who has a decent chance of being town, and then have fewer players to worry about protecting, tracking and investigating.

Also by putting all our votes onto one person, we increase the number of town players without votes, thus more townies will be eligible for the least popular vest.

tl,dr: it's not a massive advantage, but it's still an advantage to town to collectively vote for one person than to not collectively vote.

Thus: I will nominate hero today to get the vest. It'd be cool if all of town would too.

And before someone says I'm a Mafioso putting forward my friend, the Mafia will probably get the vest by default anyway if we don't all vote for the same person. So it's a pointless argument.

Sheikah's pushing too hard to force a vest into someone's hands, and I actually don't buy it.

How you fail to see how a collective vote is so damaging to us is astounding. The mafia most likely can't get both vests. DuD, the GM, has said it only protects kills. We have no way of knowing who anybody proposes is worth the vote.

You've overlooked, despite my repeated saying; no votes does not equal least votes. I don't believe DuD will give the vest to anybody with NO votes. He'll give it to someone with the least votes, in that they must have votes but be the least.

This vest is not a big deal, without them this is just a normal mafia game. Stop focusing so hard on it, and trying to force it onto any specific person's body. If the mafia take the vest with most votes it is no big deal, they will most likely not take the other one too. Even if they take both, we are still in a normal mafia game.

Thus: I will nominate hero today to get the vest. It'd be cool if all of town would too.

And before someone says I'm a Mafioso putting forward my friend, the Mafia will probably get the vest by default anyway if we don't all vote for the same person. So it's a pointless argument.

Not a pointless argument at all. It's highly suspect, why do we need to push the vest in any direction? We don't. Mafia do.

No voting? Pah, I like to see if there's any double voters already out there!

I don't know which way to lean on this, Sheikah makes a good point about it narrowing down who the mafia can target if we do give it to a townie, but who's to say we're not just giving it to a mafioso? No townies know who is what alignment yet, so I wouldn't accuse anyone today who is publicly nominating someone who may turn out to be evil of being mafia themselves, it's too early.

I do also see the benefit of keeping the mafia out of the loop. Really, it's been coordinated too late for anyone to actually get on it. I think it will be a lot more useful in the days to come, when we can actually properly protect someone who is clearly town.

Sheikah's pushing too hard to force a vest into someone's hands, and I actually don't buy it.

How you fail to see how a collective vote is so damaging to us is astounding. The mafia most likely can't get both vests. DuD, the GM, has said it only protects kills. We have no way of knowing who anybody proposes is worth the vote.

You've overlooked, despite my repeated saying; no votes does not equal least votes. I don't believe DuD will give the vest to anybody with NO votes. He'll give it to someone with the least votes, in that they must have votes but be the least.

This vest is not a big deal, without them this is just a normal mafia game. Stop focusing so hard on it, and trying to force it onto any specific person's body. If the mafia take the vest with most votes it is no big deal, they will most likely not take the other one too. Even if they take both, we are still in a normal mafia game.

Oh and @Rummy please explain how someone with 1 vote can win the least popular title over someone with no votes? That's just nonsense.

Not a pointless argument at all. It's highly suspect, why do we need to push the vest in any direction? We don't. Mafia do.

I push hard because I enjoy playing Mafia and want to see town do well. So what if the vest isn't a 'big deal'? So long as it is more advantageous to town to do something, I will try convince people to do it.

Most other people who have spoken up have acknowledged the logic I'm using, so either you just don't understand or are being particularly awkward on purpose.

No voting? Pah, I like to see if there's any double voters already out there!

I don't know which way to lean on this, Sheikah makes a good point about it narrowing down who the mafia can target if we do give it to a townie, but who's to say we're not just giving it to a mafioso? No townies know who is what alignment yet, so I wouldn't accuse anyone today who is publicly nominating someone who may turn out to be evil of being mafia themselves, it's too early.

I do also see the benefit of keeping the mafia out of the loop. Really, it's been coordinated too late for anyone to actually get on it. I think it will be a lot more useful in the days to come, when we can actually properly protect someone who is clearly town.

If we give it to a Mafioso then that's shit luck, but that's almost certainly what will happen by default if we just vote willy nilly anyway.

Edited by Sheikah

D1 is hardly the time for mafia to stick their neck out, I think you two just have different opinions on this vest thing. Though I find it interesting that no one is considering the possibility that the mafia having a vest could be useful. Perhaps there are townie redirectors, or the previously suggested third party killers.

D1 is hardly the time for mafia to stick their neck out, I think you two just have different opinions on this vest thing. Though I find it interesting that no one is considering the possibility that the mafia having a vest could be useful. Perhaps there are townie redirectors, or the previously suggested third party killers.

It's more support to getting hold of the vest at the cost of letting it known who gets it (well, the winner's vest).

IMO it's better for no one to know who gets the vest -

if someone claims to have a vest, mafia will avoid them, and the likelihood of everyone else being killed goes up. Also it attempts to draw out people who actually got the vest. If mafia don't know who has the vest, the chance of them messing up and targeting someone with a vest is higher. All townies should RNG their suggestion.

Mafia will either give it to themselves or give it to a townie and leave them for the endgame, maybe someone with low activity.

But it ISN'T more advantageous to the town, because we don't know if they town get the vest, because we don't know who is/isn't mafia.

If mafia know a town has got a vest through an open co-ordinated vote, they know not to try to kill that person. If they don't know who got it, there's increased chance the kill fails - better for town.

If town have the vest...so what? They mafia know not to kill that person. They won't do it, it's no advantage to town. Without the vests, this is a regular mafia. Without co-ordinating openly so the mafia know, there's a chance they fail a kill. Co-ordinating openly so they know who not to kill, chances of kill failing is reduced.

Jesus fucking christ Sheikah are you thick blind or dumb? Not only did you put your question inside of a quote, but I've already said; DuD probably won't count people with no votes. Fucking hell, just read what I'm saying for once. How can someone with 1 vote win the vest over someone with none? WHEN DUD DOESN'T COUNT NO VOTES AS LEAST VOTES.

WHEN DUD DOESN'T COUNT NO VOTES AS LEAST VOTES.

Hopefully you'll get it this time, jeez.

IMO it's better for no one to know who gets the vest -

if someone claims to have a vest, mafia will avoid them, and the likelihood of everyone else being killed goes up. Also it attempts to draw out people who actually got the vest. If mafia don't know who has the vest, the chance of them messing up and targeting someone with a vest is higher. All townies should RNG their suggestion.

Mafia will either give it to themselves or give it to a townie and leave them for the endgame, maybe someone with low activity.

But Mafia are very likely to get the winner's vest. They'll just vote for one of themselves to get it.

They're not going to target someone with the winner's vest either way - either they will have it themselves if we don't group vote, or they'll know who has it if we do group vote.

Better for one of us to be safe, even if that means we all have a slightly higher risk of dying (that's just selfish thinking anyway). And group voting means town are more likely to get the loser's vest.

It's better for us to guarantee one of us gets it, which we can do, rather than very likely hand it over to the Mafia.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE MAFIA GET IT, THE CHANCES OF A VIG HITTING A MAFIA WITH A VEST IS SLIM. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF MAFIA GET IT, IT'S STILL A NORMAL MAFIA GAME. THE VEST CONFERS ONLY PROTECTION FROM KILLS, THE ONLY BONUS IT GRANTS THE MAFIA IS IF A VIG KNOWS WHO THEY ARE AND IS GOING TO KILL THEM. AT THIS EARLY STAGE IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THE MAFIA GET A VEST. IF ANYTHING IT'S GOOD BECAUSE A VIG MIGHT TRY TO HIT SOMEONE AND FAIL AND THEN WE KNOW THEY'RE LIKELY TO BE THE MAFIA WHO GOT THE VEST BECAUSE THE TOWN WHO GOT THE OTHER WILL SAY SO.

I seriously can't believe you once thought you could call my sense of strategy into account.

Anyhow, nighttime!

But it ISN'T more advantageous to the town, because we don't know if they town get the vest, because we don't know who is/isn't mafia.

If mafia know a town has got a vest through an open co-ordinated vote, they know not to try to kill that person. If they don't know who got it, there's increased chance the kill fails - better for town.

If town have the vest...so what? They mafia know not to kill that person. They won't do it, it's no advantage to town. Without the vests, this is a regular mafia. Without co-ordinating openly so the mafia know, there's a chance they fail a kill. Co-ordinating openly so they know who not to kill, chances of kill failing is reduced.

Jesus fucking christ Sheikah are you thick blind or dumb? Not only did you put your question inside of a quote, but I've already said; DuD probably won't count people with no votes. Fucking hell, just read what I'm saying for once. How can someone with 1 vote win the vest over someone with none? WHEN DUD DOESN'T COUNT NO VOTES AS LEAST VOTES.

WHEN DUD DOESN'T COUNT NO VOTES AS LEAST VOTES.

Hopefully you'll get it this time, jeez.

- Where did DuD say that 1 vote is required to be least popular? I may have missed this. I would think somebody with no votes is less popular than someone with 1 vote.

- A known townie with a vest is obviously worse than an unknown townie, but better than the Mafia grabbing it

- There is no need to be insulting

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE MAFIA GET IT, THE CHANCES OF A VIG HITTING A MAFIA WITH A VEST IS SLIM. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF MAFIA GET IT, IT'S STILL A NORMAL MAFIA GAME. THE VEST CONFERS ONLY PROTECTION FROM KILLS, THE ONLY BONUS IT GRANTS THE MAFIA IS IF A VIG KNOWS WHO THEY ARE AND IS GOING TO KILL THEM. AT THIS EARLY STAGE IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THE MAFIA GET A VEST. IF ANYTHING IT'S GOOD BECAUSE A VIG MIGHT TRY TO HIT SOMEONE AND FAIL AND THEN WE KNOW THEY'RE LIKELY TO BE THE MAFIA WHO GOT THE VEST BECAUSE THE TOWN WHO GOT THE OTHER WILL SAY SO.

I seriously can't believe you once thought you could call my sense of strategy into account.

Anyhow, nighttime!

Dear Mafia: if you must insist on killing one of us, please take this clown. :p

Night 1 BRIEF

Wow what a busy day. I see my vests have gathered a few people's attention more than others.

Anyway, the time for nominations is now over. I will be handing the winners their prizes imminently.

Now to business.. remember those skill sets I mentioned earlier? well now is the time to shine.

There is to be no more discussion until morning so take this time to use your night actions and to rest up ready for day 2 (8pm tomorrow).

Good luck my subjects.

Edited by DuD

lol. Rummy strikes me as someone who has worn out a few caps locks in his time.

Does anyone know if the vests last more than one night? If they do then it makes sense to try get it for a likely townie even if they must be known. Would be nice to have a safe townie throughout the game. Or, we could just spread the votes real thin and let the Mafia take it. :p

Second: started the post before DuD, sorry.