N-Europe

Nintendo Exp-element Mafia

DuD

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK scenario 1:

water team and town team up. I make kills that benefit us both during the night, and I give you two votes. If my partner is feeling cheeky we can actually quickhammer our way to endgame vs you. At this point your townies could easily disable my team. Fire & Ice have nothing to fear from town until the player numbers are low.

Lets say there are three mafia left,

Ice

Fire

Water

3x townies

At this point you could take your pick of allies and win the game easily.

But right now, you are in a very bad position.

I don't expect to win, but my best shot is to ally with you, this will balance all win chances.

scenario 2:

The alternative is that I get voted off. I trust my teammate to follow through with a revenge kill in that case for posterity.

How do you know this to be the case? @heroicjanitor for your own input; is this true?

Yeah that is true. We seem to be very similar at the very least but it is more likely that we are the same. Yvonne possibly killed Jonnas last night.

He is claiming that aligning with him is the best strategy but that is not the case. Finishing off the weakest mafia (water mafia) and reducing the number of night kills is the best case. Town run the daytime. Town can't safely ally with a mafia team purely because it is far easier for mafia to turn on town than town to turn on mafia.

The opponent mafia team claiming my plan is bad is the best recommendation for doing it that I could think of.

Also

@Jonnas sorry about killing you btw, I knew you were town, and was aiming for this day to become a glorious mexican standoff. So at least I achieved that!

Yeah that is true. We seem to be very similar at the very least but it is more likely that we are the same. Yvonne possibly killed Jonnas last night.

He is claiming that aligning with him is the best strategy but that is not the case. Finishing off the weakest mafia (water mafia) and reducing the number of night kills is the best case. Town run the daytime. Town can't safely ally with a mafia team purely because it is far easier for mafia to turn on town than town to turn on mafia.

So what were you doing to him?

OK scenario 1:

water team and town team up. I make kills that benefit us both during the night, and I give you two votes. If my partner is feeling cheeky we can actually quickhammer our way to endgame vs you. At this point your townies could easily disable my team. Fire & Ice have nothing to fear from town until the player numbers are low.

Lets say there are three mafia left,

Ice

Fire

Water

3x townies

At this point you could take your pick of allies and win the game easily.

But right now, you are in a very bad position.

I don't expect to win, but my best shot is to ally with you, this will balance all win chances.

scenario 2:

The alternative is that I get voted off. I trust my teammate to follow through with a revenge kill in that case for posterity.

Both of these assume that I trust you.

I don't.

Scenario 1 - you still kill town; I have no guarantees.

Scenario 2 - you die, this revenge kill can possibly occur but we'll see when we come to that.

I prefer scenario 2. Sorry.

Yeah Rummy, you obviously protected Sheikah and was told about his activities. We can just as easily take out a teammate of yours, if that's what it takes to bring down your team. I would much rather ally with you.

Lol, well, think what you may and do what you will. We'll all make our choices. I've made mine, I'm sticking to it.

Thing is, doubles are likely to die tonight anyway, as each mafia won't leave the other one alive, so it will be a game left with townies and the remaining mafia with single votes. Then no mafia will really have much of an advantage over the town.

If we lynch Yvonne, chances are tomorrow we will have no doubles left, and one mafia will be close to elimination. By leaving Yvonne alive, one double voter is likely to be alive tomorrow, putting whichever team that is in a very strong position.

It's in my best interest to co-operate with you tonight. The same can't be said for fire & ice. They would be served well by eliminating water, then they have an even shot at winning. The endgame for town without an ally is jsut choosing who they get killed by

So what were you doing to him?

What was I doing to Jonnas? I targeted Yvonne last night. Found him to be water tunic link. I can't kill tonight because I kill every third night, as confirmed by Yvonne, and I tried to kill Jimbob on the first night.

Also I have a pm saying "if it wasn't clear you are mafia" :/

1 night isn't long enough for us to wipe you out, only to kill you. Already you're too weak to win without an ally. The mafia are all reading this thread too.

'Only to kill us' is still more than I'm willing to accept. Elminating you eliminates another chance it occurs. I'm going only on your info on a lot of this, and I can't trust that at all ultimately. Though as I said, I'm but a man with a vote - the choices are for others to make. Knowing I'm so weak in the daytime makes me want to just vote how I like, regardless of most else.

As do I.

Quote game theory, tell me what's optimum for me - but it all comes down to trusting you. What's not to say I keep schtum and you sing like a canary? Nothing. So...as I said; I keep my vote - especially considering how much it seems to mean to you. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

because you should realise that my best shot of winning is helping you during this day phase and night phase. Our biggest threats are fire & ice.

The others will definitely kill me before the endgame, so you should extract as much value from a partnership with me as possible while the going's good. If I kill you tonight after you help me, not only do I give the game to fire & ice, fuck my partner and you, I will be screwed for any deals in the future