N-Europe

Nintendo Exp-element Mafia

DuD

Holy shit, I just logged in on my work PC thus can see notifications (unlike Tapatalk)...I have 39. :p

Sheikah claims to be Donkey Kong, with a power that made Magnus Peterson feel like he was date-raped.

The thing is though, the things I'm claiming aren't really likely to be lied about. Would I claim to be Donkey Kong, a pretty famous Nintendo character, if I wasn't? Someone else could be him. And why would I pick DK if I was making up a character, given he was at one point a villain in a game?

Magnus's PM was hardly 'date rape'. Either way it doesn't really do anything when I follow up by spinning after roleblocking - in roleblocking the player they're not going to get a PM with the info they wanted anyway. So whether they learn they were hammered into the ground by a monkey, or are told they don't remember anything, it doesn't really make much difference. They know they've been stopped somehow.

Furthermore, he's claiming to be a roleblocker with info-gathering extra powers, and it all came off like he was making stuff up to make his power look innocent. Especially the spin part which he used to explain Magnus's dizzy feelings.

I said a long time ago that I am able to find out who my target targeted. It's not something I just came up with. And please don't discredit DuD's imagination - he decided that I as DK can roleblock by hammering the player into the ground (which is a move he does in Smash), and then he also said I could spin the target. DK, again, does spin. I don't see any issue with this.

Important point as well - I wouldn't claim Magnus wasn't targeted by anyone but me if I had no way of knowing. That'd be suicide. That strengthens my point about me be able to find out what has ever targeted my target.

Most people are voting for him because he was way too reluctant to answer Rummy's questions back when he made them. You know, like a mafioso wanting to know what kind of info got out.

Anyway, I just made the case as to why people are doubting Sheikah's story. Maybe I forgot something.

I have an option to boost my power, but I can't just use it nilly-willy like Sheikah claims his power does. One of the reasons I'm not buying his story.

And I don't think a double vote is anywhere near as powerful as what Sheikah is claiming.

Basically I am a roleblocker with some tracking ability tacked on. The spinning thing doesn't really do anything extra useful at the end of the day.

I really don't see it to be as powerful as you're trying to make it out to be - as the days progress I would learn a list of people who targeted my target, but I wouldn't know what day they targeted them or what they even did. Sure there's stuff to be learned, but I really don't think it's as powerful as you make out.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am torn. On the one hand I actually found Rummy's behaviour to be worse than Sheikah's. But on the other Sheikah has such a detailed role description. You can thump people into the ground and spin them around and etc. My description didn't say how I would do things, just what I could do. Does anyone else's role give details like thumping them into the ground and spinning them around?

And I was about to end the day too....

Night 2 BRIEF

Professor Gadd here.

Another opinionated day I see! Good Good.

Its been interesting hearing different theories, but I assure you all.. I am no liar.

I thought we were going to head into the night with a full compliement of 'variables', however it turns out "the smartest motherfucker here" decided he would bring the back and forth discussion to a close with at the very least an informative conclusion:

Final Votes

Sheikah (8) : Rummy, Marcamillian, Jonnas, Diageo, Mr-Paul, Nintendohnut, Yvonne.

Enough complaints were made. I have removed Sheikah from the experiment.

Sheikah was Donkey Kong.

DonkeyKong%5B1%5D.jpg

Hard as nails, he would headbutt his target so as they got stuck firm in the ground (roleblocked). Whilst they were stranded he inspected them for any markings to discover everyone who had targeted them so far. When finished he could choose to spin his target so violently it would result in their memory loss (they won't recieve any useable information).

He was Town!

You may set about your night. Rest well, I will be waking you in roughly 24hrs time.

Day 3 BRIEF

Good Morning one and all. You must be well rested after such a long night.

Can anyone remember me telling you about casualties?.. on a sliding scale?.. well last night was busy.

The night's first casualty was @Jon Dedede

@Mr\-Paul

@Diageo

@Magnus Peterson

@Jimbob

@heroicjanitor

@Nintendohnut

As there are now 11 of you I will require 6 complaints before I remove a subject from the experiment.

Play smartly now. Enjoy your day.

Edited by DuD

Wow. That's a bit mental.

I think I...somehow was targetted by Peeps? I got a PM saying that I had successfully targetted Rummy, and left one of my six golden coins. I think it makes sense, if he golden coined me I got his PM...which means he got mine which is good; but he's dead. However I didn't get any other PM, so...did he not manage to target anyone on the night before? Even so, hopefully someone else out there got mine, and knows more about me now. They're free to do what they like with that information.

Last night's killer...hmm. I think mafia/marc was an unintended one, possibly a reflection of sorts as he was found frozen? The other two, being charred and drowned; I was thinking might be the start of a pokemon trainer(charizard, squirtle and then venasaur?) but it isn't clear enough to call really.

Btw I'd like to mention that I am flying to New York on Tuesday. I will hopefully still be online whilst there but on Tuesday my activity will be quite reduced, and possibly still so whilst in NYC

(@DuD...it's looking dead - maybe tag folks to let them know the day's up?)

Oh wow. So I think that puts the idea of 1 mafia to bed? 3 makes sense now. Though all 3 kills blocked on the first day is a bit odd. The first kill was fire. The second was water. The third was ice. So does anyone think this means we have elemental themed mafias? The first mafia death we see is water type.

Good spot, heroic. If so, that means that character cops are effectively alignment cops. In fact, more effective than alignment cops.

Townies are now down to 3 members.

Also we're at that critical stage where mafia frankly should be more afraid of each other than of town. Let's do a quick census;

Who is town? I am for one. That leaves two others.

@heroicjanitor what is your alignment?

@Rummy I know your alignment, do you want me to come out with it?

Ok then so if we take it as a working hypothesis that there are themed mafias, then their numbers are like this

Fire mafia: 3

Water mafia: 2

Ice mafia: 3

Town: 3

Well I am town @Yvonne, but I don't think anyone would expect me to say something different. 3/11 means I don't even believe you. What's more, I happen to know that you are not just any Zelda character, but Water Tunic Link. Emphasising the water alignment. Still agree that character cops are more effective than alignment cops? :p

Vote: Yvonne

Six Golden Coins. That's a Mario Land 2 reference right there.

RUMMY I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST NIGHT AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID TOO SO YOU BEST CONFESS BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT I KNOW YOU DID AND YOU KNOW IT TOO.

Sound stupid?

Vote Rummy

Your behaviour yesterday was erratic and unacceptable and I would've voted for you then if I thought it would go anywhere.

And this third mafia character cop will not be able to vote without revealing themselves, so you can find out who it is just by laying down votes. I guess it isn't EEVIL, that leaves

Cube

Magnus Peterson

Jimbob

Jon Dedede

I hope DuD has figured out his kill resolution rules.

Fuck it, should we vote off Rummy and start this Battle Royale?

changevote Rummy

This is that moment I was talking about earlier. People who want to not be killed by me want to be claiming water, people for heroic want to be claiming fire. BTW we don't know who our teammates are. This will be the same for the missing third character.