NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
bob

Just Cause 3

Wasn't sure which board to put this on, so maybe it can be moved later.

http://dualpixels.com/2013/02/27/avalanche-studios-founder-outs-just-cause-3-screenshot/

One of the founders of Avalanche Studios just tweeted a photo supposedly of the new Just Cause 3 game.

Just-Cause-3-300x300.jpg

Very excited about this. Just Cause 2 was my favourite game on the 360 and one of my favourites of all time.

Can't wait to see what the 3rd one will have in it.

Good news. I had no idea the series even existed until I was given it on PSN Plus but ending up loving it. Spent 70 hours on it.

Just Cause 2 was rather quite a laugh and I liked the idea(execution was ok, the game was a bit repetative after a while) and would certainly consider picking this up at a bargain(sub £25 price) for the 360 maybe. Any chance it might see the light of Wii U, though?

The second game suffered a bit from having a huge world and not quite enough to do in it, hopefully that will be something they remedy in the new one.

Don't know if this will be for current generation, or next. Would be nice for it to be a launch game for next i suppose. I suppose Wii U would be a no-brainer if that happened.

I think Just Cause 2 is very overrated. I did have a lot of fun just messing around, but eventually repetition set in and there was just nothing else to the game. There were only seven main story missions (with a story that I'm not sure if it was a parody and supposed to be bad or if it was just plain bad), and being forced to go around causing chaos got really boring after a while. Once you've destroyed one base, you've destroyed them all, and what's the point of exploring when everything looks the same? The side missions for the criminals were equally boring, especially the nine identical missions where you take over bases.

At least when I get bored of messing around in Grand Theft Auto (and at least those games have more interesting maps), I have a decent story and fun missions to get back to.

I do not agree with you, but lack the intelligence to argue back. Therefore, I send a slur your way!

Or maybe it's one of your favorite games, but you know it's not one of the best games!

Oxigen Waste would be proud.

He would be fomaing at the mouth with pleasure.

But still, i think that even with the repetitiveness i spent enough time with the game to justify it's cost. It terms of messing around ability, i thought it much better than GTA, and felt that after going back to GTA from JC2 that i kept yearning to grapple up to a building top and then throw a civilian off the top.

That's why i'm so excited about this new one, hopefully they'll have sorted out the crappy story mode (or at least put some variety in, i really didn't mind the terrible acting etc)

I do not agree with you, but lack the intelligence to argue back. Therefore, I send a slur your way!

Careful now, bob!

I liked the ridiculousness of JC2, but yeah...runs out after a while into repetition. I'd play again, but my friend's not given it back, the bastard. What it did well was the whole 'if you see it, it exists'. I did sometimes just see something in the distance and decide to go all the way to see what it was.

The second one admittedly had a bit more substance than the first one, which really did only have 15 missions and was barren as, but I do agree that it got repetitive rather swiftly.

I think they're a bit too caught up in trying to provide the biggest open world area to play within and neglecting to add the substance to keep you going after the main mission have long gone. Perhaps with the 3rd one, they could decrease the size of world they create and add in more variation and content to do on top of giving you the tools to just mess about.

Sign in to follow this