NEurope
Jimbob

The Mass Effect Mafia (Game Thread)

Rummy's strategy is more consistent, endears himself to town more easily, and would be more successful in the long run. Easy lynches are like easy saves for a goalie - they're easy because they put themselves in the right place at the right time for it to happen without much effort. Hard lynches on the other hand make for pages of entertaining mafia.

Yeah it's all true what you're saying. If you have that opportunity then you take it.

I didn't have the opportunity unfortunately. Hence, I lied!

I placed a vote on him and people followed after I was dead? Or they followed a day later, as is of course often the case in a mafia game, right?

Anyhow, you've delightfully and very welcomely illustrated my point made earlier which is why I've continued the discussion;

It's clear it's still the case and so, as often seems to be your post-game resolution with other players - we shall have to agree to disagree.

@Jimbob, as said, despite the confusion - quite an enjoyable game. Would anything have happened to me/Cube had he fulfilled his task of passing me some info?

Right, despite 2 other people as well as me saying I wasn't the one who caused town to lose, and another saying I was the town MVP in his opinion, you still think that I'm the 'risky' guy who lost the game for town?

You are entitled to your opinion, but calling out people for losing the game unfairly is only going to make you yourself look arrogant.

As people have asked...

This was my night 2 pm:

'You tracked Sheikah, he was in your quarters waiting for you to appear. He couldn't find you because you were untargettable.'

I was told this about Cube getting a result on me:

'Can't go into details about Cube, would give you a massive advantage if i said anything. I've noted your target though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Dedede

Hi Jimbob, I'd like to track Sheikah.

With the whole not neing targetable thing, does that not apply to info gathering roles or is it something unique to Cubes character? (Or was it a mistake or a boost that he tatgeted me and got info?)'

Then this:

'You know you were saying about Cube getting information on you. What i can add is this, from having a chat with fellow mafia players. Info gathers don't affect your role, untargettable means untargettable regarding actions which will affect your role.

I hope this clears the situation up. If not, i'm happy to explain further.'

Why is it that there seems to be a 'discussion' between Sheikah and someone after every mafia game? Or maybe it just feels like that cause there have been a few...

Anyway, I enjoyed following the game, and was gutted to be killed night 1. The most annoying thing is that the forum did that thing again where it doesn't tell me I have a PM. I didn't realise the game had started! When I saw my PM I thought 'awesome, well I'll target myself night 1 as I don't know who's worth protecting yet'.

Then I went to check the thread and it turned out it was already day 2, and I'd already been night killed! When I posted SUPER LAME that was the first time I'd seen the thread!

So yeah, I wouldn't have died night 1 if I'd paid more attention/checked the Playground board sooner. That would've been cool.

Would anything have happened to me/Cube had he fulfilled his task of passing me some info?

I don't think anything would have happened to you. I would have simply won with either side.

@Sheikah The previous game, I had information that Mangus Peterson had targeted someone on the night they were killed (not to mention his power, which did not sound town-like at all). So we decided to try the tactic. He didn't come up with a decent explanation, then claimed neutral.

If he had come up with a decent explanation, then I would have stopped it.

Plus, the fact that I had already proven myself to be town and got a mafia lynched meant that I could actually make that risk.

I don't think anything would have happened to you. I would have simply won with either side.

@Sheikah The previous game, I had information that Mangus Peterson had targeted someone on the night they were killed (not to mention his power, which did not sound town-like at all). So we decided to try the tactic. He didn't come up with a decent explanation, then claimed neutral.

If he had come up with a decent explanation, then I would have stopped it.

Plus, the fact that I had already proven myself to be town and got a mafia lynched meant that I could actually make that risk.

I know you had your reasons, but the point I was making is that lying can have benefits (even though it can backfire and get non Mafia lynched).

As people have asked...

This was my night 2 pm:

'You tracked Sheikah, he was in your quarters waiting for you to appear. He couldn't find you because you were untargettable.'

I was told this about Cube getting a result on me:

'Can't go into details about Cube, would give you a massive advantage if i said anything. I've noted your target though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Dedede

Hi Jimbob, I'd like to track Sheikah.

With the whole not neing targetable thing, does that not apply to info gathering roles or is it something unique to Cubes character? (Or was it a mistake or a boost that he tatgeted me and got info?)'

Then this:

'You know you were saying about Cube getting information on you. What i can add is this, from having a chat with fellow mafia players. Info gathers don't affect your role, untargettable means untargettable regarding actions which will affect your role.

I hope this clears the situation up. If not, i'm happy to explain further.'

Wow...sorry you got lynched in the end, but you really shouldn't have got a PM saying anything about me.

As I say, here was my extra clarification PM from Jimbob:

To clear it up, you protect from all night actions (including kills, roleblocks, redirects everything) for 3 chances only.

All night actions he said, and 'everything', which would include tracking. If he changed his mind about what I could protect against after talking to the Mafia then I really think he should have told me, as this was the main reason why I didn't trust you Dedede.

Edited by Sheikah

'Lying can have benefits' is marvellously just as vague as 'Lying can have costs' (even though it can succeed and get someone neutral lynched).

@Sheikah, regarding your question. Tad mistake on my half, i'm sorry for that. Yes, you were untargetable. Jon Dedede was the same. In my opinion, you both had very powerful roles. It didn't affect the game though, because either way things would have gone the same way. I wasn't trying to give anyone the advantage, and i believe i didn't give anyone the advantage. I was impartial and did things down the middle.

Again, apologies for a slight slip up.

And for everyone, thanks for playing. I mean it, i had fun reading it all. Especially the entire day 3, that was enjoyable and brain-hurting at the same time.

@Sheikah, regarding your question. Tad mistake on my half, i'm sorry for that. Yes, you were untargetable. Jon Dedede was the same. In my opinion, you both had very powerful roles. It didn't affect the game though, because either way things would have gone the same way. I wasn't trying to give anyone the advantage, and i believe i didn't give anyone the advantage. I was impartial and did things down the middle.

Again, apologies for a slight slip up.

And for everyone, thanks for playing. I mean it, i had fun reading it all. Especially the entire day 3, that was enjoyable and brain-hurting at the same time.

No worries, it's just a good idea to be really clear with people's roles so this can't happen (If Dedede hadn't been able to target me he wouldn't have been against me and I wouldn't have thought he was lying/Mafia).

All in all though I really enjoyed this, apart from being accused of shit at the end. Well done Jimbob.

No worries, it's just a good idea to be really clear with people's roles so this can't happen (If Dedede hadn't been able to target me he wouldn't have been against me and I wouldn't have thought he was lying/Mafia).

All in all though I really enjoyed this, apart from being accused of shit at the end. Well done Jimbob.

Hey now, I accused you of it in the middle!