N-Europe

The Mass Effect Mafia (Game Thread)

Jimbob

I agree with what Magnus Peterson said earlier, I think my brain has melted from this.

Not being targetable was something to do with me, I was not protected by the 10th alleged protector or whatever number it is we're at now.

I haven't lied about anything I have said, I just can't believe that my PM could be that clear AND wrong AND appear in the write up! I think I've revealed every piece of info I have.

Can't remember if I mentioned this but my night one mentioned Peeps and Cube were calibrating weapons which seems to be consistent with Peeps flavour.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what Magnus Peterson said earlier, I think my brain has melted from this.

Not being targetable was something to do with me, I was not protected by the 10th alleged protector or whatever number it is we're at now.

So you are untargetable, or were. And DuD is untargetable on even days. Yeah, none of you can be Mafia.

I haven't lied about anything I have said, I just can't believe that my PM could be that clear AND wrong AND appear in the write up! I think I've revealed every piece of info I have.

The writeup states someone was waiting. That could be literally anyone who targeted any of the 50 untargetable people last night.

I would appreciate if people decide one way or the other who to vote for now, and make sure one of us is lynched.

Nobody has claimed it matches their flavour. I also think voting for yourself and taking it off is a weak attempt at making you look less scummy.

Do want people to vote now because the mafia are online and you want a hammer on lynch?

I'm untargetable because I'm a commuter, I'm also unable to target anyone myself. so I'm not overpowered.

You however are claiming to be an untargettable alignment investigator in a game with 2 investigators, god knows how many protectors and then have the cheek to question people's roles.

I've also questioned DeDeDe on that point.

Do you just dismiss posts that don't suit you?

DeDeDe says the words literally match his PM. for fucks sake.. read the fucking thread.

Oh he says that did he? Closed case then.

Suddenly your comments about my arguments being based on hearsay/unconfirmed info apply to your argument too.

I'm glad that people are finally putting the votes back onto Yvonne.

I'm untargetable because I'm a commuter, I'm also unable to target anyone myself. so I'm not overpowered.

You however are claiming to be an untargettable alignment investigator in a game with 2 investigators, god knows how many protectors and then have the cheek to question people's roles.

No, no. Don't twist. I can be targeted normally, just I am protected from certain kinds of manipulation. Last night I was protected. I have 2 remaining uses of alignment investigation. The other investigator was gimped in a different way.

You're claiming you are untargetable last night, as is Jon Dedede, as am I. Chances are, some of us were protected/untargetable and we're not all lying. Why, therefore, am I the one called into question over being untargetable?

No.. DeDeDe has stated something black and white that he won't be able to backtrack out of. He's claimed your a liar when he could of sat there and said nothing.

His info also doesn't revolve around such unlikely roles..

If Cube is neutral and Peeps town, we're looking at a 8 man town where your insisting 5 of the roles are taken up with alignment investigators and protectors.

so that's a town with 3 other roles. ok??

DeDeDe has said he was untargetable due to himself.

I am a Commuter, Im untargetable every even night due to my role.

You are untargetable due to our 3rd (fictional?) protector

I don't think I can put that any more succinctly.

And now we're back the ol' Sheikah faithful.. your opinion differs from mine YOU'RE MAFIA.

That's about 6 mafioso's so far in a 12 person game and Peep's vote your trying to buy was one of your accused. :indeed:

Before you vote, make sure its an informed decision.

ignore my posts and ignore sheikah's ones that aren't based on anything tangible.

My last word.. Look at the facts and go with it.

All I know is tomorrow will be an easy day either way.

Pretty sure Yvonne is voting Sheikah btw

DeDeDe has said he was untargetable due to himself.

So he is a tracker, can also mirror reflect, and is untargetable? Right, that's more believable than my role.

I am a Commuter, Im untargetable every even night due to my role.

You are untargetable due to our 3rd (fictional?) protector

If you're untargetable on even nights then no one will know either way whether you can target anyone or not. Personally, I don't believe your role. Most likely you were untargetable last night - whether from Mafia support or innate protection from targeting on even nights, I don't know. But this to me suggests that either you or Dedede, given you were both untargetable, were last night's foiled killer.

That's about 6 mafioso's so far in a 12 person game and Peep's vote your trying to buy was one of your accused. :indeed:

No, the people I currently believe to be Mafia are Yvonne, Dedede and yourself. That's three, with Cube being a neutral. Obviously I don't have anything solidly contradictory from yourself to call you Mafia for sure at this moment, but the tenacity with which you defend Dedede while slating me is something I can hardly ignore. It just makes no sense at all to me that you are so utterly convinced in Dedede, who you've now admitted is backed up by the writeup 'only because he says so'.

@The Peeps If you vote for Sheikah, I will do the same. So you get the call either way.

Vote splitting.

Vote splitting is basically what the Mafia want. If Yvonne dies I become trusted and they lose a Mafioso. If I die that's not so bad either, because at least what I've been saying will immediately oust both Yvonne and Dedede.

Having a stalemate means the Mafia will probably kill tonight, and then I'll still not be believed tomorrow either. At which point I can hardly see majority lynch being reached on any of the Mafia.

Interesting that Cube would speak up to say he'll vote for me @The Peeps. Well, I'll leave it up to you anyway.

He's stuck his neck out making a statement if he's lied he's dead tomorrow.. you've spouted opinions, that when its revealed you've lied, you'll try back pedaling out of as everything you've said can be backed out of.

Also you've accused cube, peeps, rummy I think, and everytime its when they haven't agreed with you.

As I said. I'm not responding again. it's over to someone else to decide. id appreciate you not quoting my post over and over to ask the same questions over and over.

You post again I'll thank it to let you know I've seen it, but there will be no reply.

Why leave the decision to The Peeps, @Cube?

Cube doesn't seem to have taken any effort this game to work anything out for town, saying he'll even flip a coin to decide who gets lynched and also saying he just wants the game to go on for longer. The latter being a bit odd, because surely if that's true he would want to be on the side of town to some extent, while also aiding Mafia lynches to some degree (to draw the game out for as long as possible).

I also find it more than a trifle odd that he would interject when technically 1 vote away from majority to suddenly try stop the lynch. If he really doesn't care so much and was just going to flip a coin, why bother?

Personally, I don't see why Peeps or anyone else in town should be persuaded by him. Whatever his win condition is, I don't really see it involving helping town.

Vote splitting.

Vote splitting is basically what the Mafia want. If Yvonne dies I become trusted and they lose a Mafioso. If I die that's not so bad either, because at least what I've been saying will immediately oust both Yvonne and Dedede.

Having a stalemate means the Mafia will probably kill tonight, and then I'll still not be believed tomorrow either. At which point I can hardly see majority lynch being reached on any of the Mafia.

Interesting that Cube would speak up to say he'll vote for me The Peeps Well, I'll leave it up to you anyway.

Stalemate?

Majority is 6

4 + 2 (Peeps) = 6

2 + 2 (Peeps) + 2 (Me) = 6

I said what I said so, no matter what The Peeps decides, there will be a lynch.

He's stuck his neck out making a statement if he's lied he's dead tomorrow

Whereas of course, such a statement has not been made by me at all.

Stalemate?

Majority is 6

4 + 2 (Peeps) = 6

2 + 2 (Peeps) + 2 (Me) = 6

I said what I said so, no matter what The Peeps decides, there will be a lynch.

But essentially, what you're saying is that you will only assist a lynch of me and not of Yvonne; ie. the coin toss scenario is out of the window.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

But essentially, what you're saying is that you will only assist a lynch of me and not of Yvonne; ie. the coin toss scenario is out of the window.

I'm open to suggestions. You keep going on about how either of you getting lynched will be beneficial, so I was just giving The Peeps the opportunity to make a more balanced choice.

The flip a coin was for if the day was about to end and nothing was decided.

Sheikah how do you know you were protected?

I protected Rummy and he still seems to think he was messed with last night so he obviously wasn't told about being protected - that's even despite Magnus confirming I targeted Rummy.

I will say this again unless another protector comes out, I will vote for Sheikah. It's the only thing that's being claimed and isn't backed up by anything at all. Sheikah is saying he is untargetable AND he was protected. It really doesn't make sense.

Sheikah how do you know you were protected?

I protected Rummy and he still seems to think he was messed with last night so he obviously wasn't told about being protected - that's even despite Magnus confirming I targeted Rummy.

I will say this again unless another protector comes out, I will vote for Sheikah. It's the only thing that's being claimed and isn't backed up by anything at all. Sheikah is saying he is untargetable AND he was protected. It really doesn't make sense.

I was told I was protected last night in my writeup. I told you one thing - I was protected from all night actions. I had full protection, and this was conveyed to me.

If you protected Rummy from manipulation and Magnus confirmed then there's no way Rummy himself can have been messed with! So @Rummy, if you didn't reach me then surely you can see how utterly likely it is that I was immune to being targeted. this directly contradicts Jon's claim to have been able to have tracked me.

A question Peeps - Why when Dedede claims to be have been untargetable also have you, not once, accused him of lying? Why are you obsessed with what is likely to be the last remaining kill protector outing himself?

You argue that me being protected is the only thing not backed up at all. This is not true. Jon being a mirror reflector, untargetable and a tracker is backed up by nothing. The writeup mentions absolutely no one in particular. There was no kill last night and I'm pretty sure it's because of my protection. Rummy couldn't target me, again I know that I was protected so this is why. To say it's unsubstantiated is untrue.

Also do you really believe the people voting right now are Mafia? Really? You suspect these people ahead of Yvonne, Ganepark, Cube and DuD?

I guess all that is left is to urge you to exercise common sense. Compared to yesterday this lynch is like pulling teeth. The Mafia would have hammered this ages ago, and I'm now starting to wonder what's going on with you. There's far more info to discredit Yvonne right now than there is to call out an unrevealed protector.

@DuD, you are right. All this chit-chat going on, i'm bound to miss 1 vote.

Vote Count (as it stands)

Yvonne - Mr-Paul, Magnus Peterson, Rummy, Sheikah (4)

Sheikah - Jon Dedede, DuD, Yvonne (3)

Majority is 6

Day ends 11pm Tonight!!!

Now then, if you'll excuse me. I'm off to see Dr Chakwas, my brain has officially melted.