• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watashi wa ramen ga tabemasen :(

Probably all wrong. :p

It you mean "'I haven't eaten ramen" it's:

Watashi wa ramen o tabemasen deshita.

But the "watashi wa" is optional.

As for Japanese vegetarians, don't expect them to be like western ones- I think some of them eat pork or something, and Japanese people may find it odd if you eat no meat at all.

It you mean "'I haven't eaten ramen" it's:

Watashi wa ramen o tabemasen deshita.

But the "watashi wa" is optional.

As for Japanese vegetarians, don't expect them to be like western ones- I think some of them eat pork or something, and Japanese people may find it odd if you eat no meat at all.

well that makes me the least oddest person to them, i cant stand meals without some form of meat

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Yo! Sushi branch the other day out of curiosity... and it's

Rubbish.

I don't consider myself an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but the

obvious, absolute and utter rubbishness

of their food is phenomenal - they set a new standard. The sushi rice is soggy and tasteless, wasabi is powdery, the fish is badly cut, old and flabby. Miso soup is salty and artificial, deep fries are greasy and overcooked, and sauce taste like a chemical product. Rolls are nasty in the continuing toilet theme, more appropriate in the sewers.

I cost me 25 quid too for all that bollox. For that you can have a feast of a proper Japanese food at the above-mentioned Sakura restaurant. Frankly, I feel like murdering the founder of Yo!Sushi stores. What a massive, nation-wide scam they are. I honestly include them among the worst rogue traders in this country. The only positive I can think of is the fun element of seeing the food circling around the store.:nono:

I'm saddened for various reasons. First, someone attempts to profit from this sort of scam. but more crucially there are too many of us who lack taste buds to realise they are toilet. 10 years ago I would've fallen in that category myself. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I'll try that Satsuma place next. Will get back to you later :grin:

I've always wanted to try make the recipes that are in the Neo magazine, but either there's fish/seafood involved (which i hate) or there's ingridents i don't have.

Its a shame i love most things Japanesse but most of their food involves fish or some kind of seafood which just makes me puke

I tried Wasabi once.. that stuff is lethal

I'll try that Satsuma place next. Will get back to you later :grin:

Do do! But I'm afraid I don't know if it's 'authentic' or not. Either way, it was damn good, and nothing like Wagamammas. The sushi was nothing like the stuff you get in supermarkets or pret a manger (the only other places I've had sushi), it was much nicer. It may not be authentic though...

Its a shame i love most things Japanesse but most of their food involves fish or some kind of seafood which just makes me puke

That's another huge Myth going around. Japanese food certainly became famous BECAUSE of their fish and seafood (mostly as raw fish), but I reckon that part is only around 20% of the whole cuisine.

But that "raw fish" impression is burned into people's brains now as "Japanese food", and people don't know the other 80%, which is cooked meat (chicken pork beef) and vegetables.

Try dishes like Katsudon, Beef Teriyaki, Yakiniku, Pork Ginger, Katsu Curry etc... there are far too many to remember off top of my head, and they make up the bulk of Japanese food. And they've got nothing to do with fish or seafood.

That's another huge Myth going around. Japanese food certainly became famous BECAUSE of their fish and seafood (mostly as raw fish), but I reckon that part is only around 20% of the whole cuisine.

But that "raw fish" impression is burned into people's brains now as "Japanese food", and people don't know the other 80%, which is cooked meat (chicken pork beef) and vegetables.

Try dishes like Katsudon, Beef Teriyaki, Yakiniku, Pork Ginger, Katsu Curry etc... there are far too many to remember off top of my head, and they make up the bulk of Japanese food. And they've got nothing to do with fish or seafood.

That's like my sister; she automatically "dislikes" all Japanese food, simply because she thinks they eat raw fish or something. And no, she won't listen to me when I complain.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!