Xpert 11 Season 26: Space to move, Space to breath, Space to win

Haden

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tactics set there is no way in hell I can win :p

Are we the spotlight for this week?

Guess the number of goalies playing outfield and the number of strikers playing.

It's going to be a farrrrce. You know, I could put out my strongest side now and thump you 10-0? It would be Xpert history...I wonder.

Are we the spotlight for this week?

Guess the number of goalies playing outfield and the number of strikers playing.

It's going to be a farrrrce. You know, I could put out my strongest side now and thump you 10-0? It would be Xpert history...I wonder.

Maybe this is what I have done :p

I went up last season and this season I've actually got really good DVs because I'm playing stronger teams. Aim high I say.

I went up and got shitty DVs, blew 5 million econ+ on experienced defenders in order to give myself half a chance of staying up and ended up coming back down anyway. What's the point in going up, getting my arse kicked (I WILL get my arse kicked, I am breeding a new defence with two 18 4s, a 19 6 and possibly a 17/18 4 again next season), as well as breeding my attacking line which features a 21 7 and 19 5. The midfield is decent but 2 of those are over 30.

I'd rather not go up this season and get myself in a better position for next season where if I do end up going up, I'll have a better chance of cementing my position.

In addition to that, as fun as this game is, there is no fun in getting your arse kicked and having to resort to playing certain formations because the other teams have teams which are far better than yours. I'd rather be competitive, which the games in the middle league this season have been, than be totally outclassed and end up going back to square one. I am not canon fodder and I refuse to go up and call the next season a write-off and resort to playing stupid defensive formations in order not to get trampled on by the teams going for the title. Give me one, maybe two more seasons in the middle league and I will give you all a good game in the Elite League.

Ah but if they are both throwing the match.....is it still being thrown?

profile-photo-jordiplanadecursach-96x96.jpg?1362998479

I'd argue that it's being competitive. :p

Either way, I feel justified in what I'm doing and it's better for the long term. I'm clearly not the only one since there are 2 other teams which think the same thing. Why be a yo-yo club?

I'm in the elites fighting relegation with 12 of 17 players on 14+ DV. 2 are on 17 and 1 on 18.

I have a high chance of going down with the fixtures I have left, but Ive been able to develop up here.. why can't yous. pussies :p

I'm in the elites fighting relegation with 12 of 17 players on 14+ DV. 2 are on 17 and 1 on 18.

I have a high chance of going down with the fixtures I have left, but Ive been able to develop up here.. why can't yous. pussies :p

Right, let's compare our two teams. For the sake of simplicity, I'll use red to describe DRAGOOOOO and blue to describe your team.

Goalkeepers

Rik Maakay - 34 6 - retiring

Zambotto Sesia - 24 8

Jeremias Mullholland 33 - 14

Nat Cowling 22 - 8

Verdict: I will need to bring in a replacement for Rik. I'm happy in this department, although it's worth noting that you brought in a replacement (Jeremias) who has played 13 games compared to Nat's 2. If I did that, I would have significantly hampered Zambotto's development. Which is the opposite of what I want to do. The tradeoff is that an 8 skill is not particularly strong for the Elite League.

Defence

Johan Kellner 32 - 11

Sebastiano Luis 31 - 12

Albertino Pesseiro 24 - 8

Amadeus Wennergren 19 - 6

Ors Roka 18 - 4

Paulica Mandrisor 18 - 4

Noah Backroos 29 - 11

Carl-Bertil Ryman 27 - 11

Pawel Barcz 23 - 8

Stewart Bould 21 - 7

Noah Payton 17 - 4

Verdict: My defence is older in places and younger in others than yours, which has a nice middle. This is the area of my team that I am working on the most. I have 3 players under the age of 20 and I will be adding another next season most likely. Sebastiano and Johan were bought for competing in the Elite League last season and have SIGNIFICANTLY hampered the process of my other youths, both last season and current. They will most likely be on the way out, paving the way for new blood.

You have lots of years left in Noah and Carl, and Pawel and Stewart are both young and with good skill levels.

Midfield

Bedecito Guevara 32 - 11

Daan Wielink 30 - 10

Ernesto Iacopino 25 - 10

Graciano Velho 24 - 8

Par-Ola Strindlov 20 - 6

Huberto Farlan 17 - 4

Theobald Paine 32 - 10

Rory Ashe 28 - 10

Dudley Dhall 25 - 9

Krzysztof Szymanek 23 - 9

Derek Payton 20 - 6

Rhys Nixon 19 - 5

Verdict: Fairly equal. The downside of mine is that Daan and Benny are over 30, which means that they are on the downside of their careers and will be approaching the end, which means that I have to start blooding youth NOW. I could probably get away with them for another 2 seasons, but I would struggle in the Elite League after that if I didn't start developing youngsters, which would mean Daan and Benny would need to be dropped/sold.

Strikers

Patric Barculo 26 - 9

Gregor Forsyth 21 - 7

David Le Frapper 19 - 5

Andy Balboa 33 - 10

Conor Shearer 24 - 8

Dave Breen 18 - 3

Matthe Izon 17 - 4

Verdict: The one area where I think I may have the better of you in the long-run, although it's debatable. Andy is better than Patric, although Patric is younger. Conor is not as good as Patric, but is younger, whilst Gregor has the potential to be better than Conor. Saying that, you are the forth lowest scorer in the Elite with 20 goals and I am the second highest in the Middle with 34. Meaning that, in essence, we would struggle for goals in the Elite league unless I buy in somebody which would hamper the development of the others.

There you have it, a break down of our squads. You brought in another keeper just to give you the potential to stay up. I did that with defenders before and I don't want to do it again as it made a mess of things in the longer term. Your defence is better than mine as mine is younger and less experienced. We need to gain experience and the place to do that is in the Middle League, NOT the Elite League where I will learn NOTHING about my team and will instead be going into each game hoping not to get hammered 4 or 5 nil. I will learn nothing about potentially playing 4-3-3 (my desired formation) against equal opposition because there will be NO equal opposition. I will be the weakest team in the league.

The midfield and attacking line don't have much between them, as there are players of an equal nature. But, two of my midfielders are older and will need replacing, which means blood my youth for next season.

Here's what my squad will look like next season. I will assume a one-skill increase due to high DVs for some players. For the others, I will keep it the same.

GK: Zambotto Sesia 25 - 9

GK: New player

DF: Albertino Pesseiro 25 - 9

DF: Amadeus Wennergren 20 - 7

DF: Ors Roka 19 - 5

DF: Paulica Mandrisor 19 - 5

DF: Possibly getting rid of one or both of Sebastiano and Johann. At LEAST one new defender. Maybe a 20 6.

MF: Daan Wielink 31- 10 (if keeping)

MF: Ernesto Iacopino 26 - 10

MF: Graciano Velho 25 - 9

MF Par-ola Strindlov - 21 - 7

MF Huberto Farlan - 18 - 5

MF: New midfielder - a youth

ST: Patric Barculo - 27 - 10

ST: Gregor Forsyth - 22 - 8

ST: David le Frapper 20- 6

This team can't compete in the Elite League and we will get destroyed in 80% of games. There is the full breakdown and that is accounting for a possible 1-skill increase, which may or may not happen. Yes, it would be fantastic to go into the Elite League and stay up, but it would be even better (in my opinion) to stay down for a few seasons and then look to achieve a Top 3 or 4 place in a few seasons time.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I think a lot of teams make the mistake of playing only their strongest players in the hopes of staying afloat when they should be sticking to playing their developing players as a priority. Sure you may go down but you'll go down with a stronger team than when you started and if your focus is on development anyway it shouldn't matter what league you're in. If I go down, fine, if I don't, fine :)

I don't think the problem is as much as Flinky's team not being able to compe in the Elite League, as much as this match being advertised as the match of the year. It's not the Champion League final, it's a match where both teams attempt to lose on purpose, so tone it down ::shrug: I don't understand why this is funny and needs to be glorified.

And if your youths have been hampered for staying in the Elite league, you have done something wrong, that's not the league's fault.

Using a nice VIP feature yours and Dud's team are pretty close, both have 6 manager skill, 8 average skill teams, average age of 24 for both. Aside from strikers where Dragooooo has 7 skill bars both teams have 6 skills in average for all departments(an averaged estimate for all H2H encounters). Possession has been 50-50 for all encounters, that ended in 2 wins for both and 2 draws.

I think a lot of teams make the mistake of playing only their strongest players in the hopes of staying afloat when they should be sticking to playing their developing players as a priority. Sure you may go down but you'll go down with a stronger team than when you started and if your focus is on development anyway it shouldn't matter what league you're in. If I go down, fine, if I don't, fine :)

I don't know how many times I have said this, but you can do both.

Edited by Tales

Yes and no. The focus for me is winning the Elite League Title in the future. Can I do it by going up and down for the next few seasons? No. I want to challenge my team against equal opposition where I know I stand a chance. Want to know why this season's Middle League has been so exciting? Because the majority of the team's are of equal footing. It makes the game more exciting. How can you possibly try out new formations or know which is your best team if you have to resort to playing 5 at the back to even stand a chance against the bigger teams? Where's the fun in that?

I don't think the problem is as much as Flinky's team not being able to compe in the Elite League, as much as this match being advertised as the match of the year. It's not the Champion League final, it's a match where both teams attempt to lose on purpose, so tone it down ::shrug: I don't understand why this is funny and needs to be glorified.

Nobody is advertising it as "match of the year". Haden and I are doing it partly for the humour (mostly) and because there are reasons for it. To us, it is funny (what's not funny about playing two goalkeepers in midfield in a 5-2-3?). Maybe you need a sense of humour?

And if your youths have been hampered for staying in the Elite league, you have done something wrong, that's not the league's fault.

Yes and no. YOU can play youths by bringing on a defender who is 17 3 when you already have a 21 9, a 27 12, a 29 12 and a 30 12. If I was up next year, I would be bringing on a 19 5 in place of a 20 7 or a 24 9. It's not the same, is it?

Add to the fact that when I was in the Elite League I was trying to develop my keeper. The game IS broken in this respect because you can't train goalkeepers like you can others. You can't sub goalies, therefore a 21 7 keeper has to play right from the start. That is the game's fault, not mine.

In the Middle League, I will be able to develop my youths and put out a challenging team. In the Elite League, I will not be able to put out a challenging team. Simple. I can develop youth or I can blow lots of moneyon more experienced players in the hope that they keep me in the league, which defeats the whole purpose of it.

It's pretty simple stuff. I've already identified the needs for my team next year, how we'll be playing, what I need to do to improve it. I'm not your cannon fodder for next year so try somebody else, please.

Using a nice VIP feature yours and Dud's team are pretty close, both have 6 manager skill, 8 average skill teams, average age of 24 for both. Aside from strikers where Dragooooo has 7 skill bars both teams have 6 skills in average for all departments(an averaged estimate for all H2H encounters). Possession has been 50-50 for all encounters, that ended in 2 wins for both and 2 draws.

You're not reading. I am revamping the team next season. They may have some similarities now, but I have already gone over this in the above post. The team needs a rework, particularly that defence. I cannot do that in the Elite League without losing 5 or 6 nil per match.

Dude, it's been going for two pages. It's the match of year by default :p

And there's nothing wrong with my humour, implying that because I don't agree with you throwing matches is a low one ::shrug: You can do better than that.

I don't think you need to bring on any other player just because you're in a different league. That's ridicilous. You don't need to spend a dime if you don't want to. You don't even need to in your case.

The only player I can recall buying for staying up was 12+ skilled keeper once upon a time but that was also partly for my ideology of only using one keeper and I didn't really want to train one, the other one(exluding youths) was to level out the strikers and get a conveyor belt system started. That was in middle league I think.

I understand if you don't want to be in the Elite League yet, but personally I'd rather be raped by stronger teams than lose a match on purpose. Got some honor you see :p ;) (just joking...(smileys doesn't always seem to do it....))

For the record, goal keepers train faster than other players, and 60% of their exp/dv gain comes from the opponents skill level.

Edit: I'm looking forward to Saturday, mostly because this discussion should end by default :p

Edited by Tales

Dude, it's been going for two pages. It's the match of year by default :p

Not my fault. :p There were posts to be responded to, so I replied.

And there's nothing wrong with my humour, implying that because I don't agree with you throwing matches is a low one ::shrug: You can do better than that.

Well, how can you not laugh at two teams putting out ridiculous formations hoping to get pumped? It goes against the personalities of both me and Haden, who both want to win. Short term: Win the game. Long term: Be competitive and win more games in the future.

I don't think you need to bring on any other player just because you're in a different league. That's ridicilous. You don't need to spend a dime if you don't want to. You don't even need to in your case.

Yes, I do. The opposition are better, therefore I need to adjust the team to meet the opposition. Also, my team is in a period of transition, so things do need changing. Am I going to be competitive and win the league in 4 or 5 seasons time and for 4 or 5 seasons afterwards with a 31 12? No. Could I do it if I buy in an 18 5 now? Quite possibly. I'm not going to win The Elite League with this team, so I need to do what I can to improve it to give myself a chance. The key there is youth and developing younger players and trying different things.

The only player I can recall buying for staying up was 12+ skilled keeper once upon a time but that was also partly for my ideology of only using one keeper and I didn't really want to train one, the other one(exluding youths) was to level out the strikers and get a conveyor belt system started. That was in middle league I think.

If you could sub keepers, it would be easier. You can't. So, if you buy a 20 6 keeper and you are serious about him being the future, you're not going to win many games in the short term in the Elite League. In the Middle League, you stand a better chance.

I understand if you don't want to be in the Elite League yet, but personally I'd rather be raped by stronger teams than lose a match on purpose. Got some honor you see :p ;) (just joking...(smileys doesn't always seem to do it....))

There's no honour in getting raped by stronger teams. I see more honour in taking the beating now and benefiting from it for years down the line than winning just one or two games from now until the end of the season and winning nothing next season. I know my team better than anyone, just like you know your team. We will win fuck all next season if we go up. :p

For the record, goal keepers train faster than other players, and 60% of their exp/dv gain comes from the opponents skill level.

Edit: I'm looking forward to Saturday, mostly because this discussion should end by default :p

Keepers might train faster, but for those games that they are in goal in the Elite League, unless you have a superb defence (I don't, hence the whole point of this) then you will lose games.

I'm looking forward to just seeing what happens. I'll be livid if we go up now. :p

Add to the fact that when I was in the Elite League I was trying to develop my keeper. The game IS broken in this respect because you can't train goalkeepers like you can others. You can't sub goalies, therefore a 21 7 keeper has to play right from the start. That is the game's fault, not mine.

Up until a year or so ago (or longer?) you couldn't bring on subs at all unless someone got injured.

I don't see a problem if you don't want to go to the top league and want more time to develop your players. Players, albeit not clubs, go to the Championship to hone their skills and then move onto the Premier League when they are good enough.

You're just doing it on a bigger scale. I will be doing the same next year when I'm promoted.

Up until a year or so ago (or longer?) you couldn't bring on subs at all unless someone got injured.

I don't see a problem if you don't want to go to the top league and want more time to develop your players. Players, albeit not clubs, go to the Championship to hone their skills and then move onto the Premier League when they are good enough.

You're just doing it on a bigger scale. I will be doing the same next year when I'm promoted.

Wtfff at the bold part? That's shit. Without subs, my DVs would be shit.

I'm glad someone agrees. I know what I'm doing is right for the club.

DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bob does not agree with trying to lose matches. bob's agenda is to score as many goals as possible.

However, watching two other teams trying to do so is exciting and bob can't wait to see what happens.

I completely agree and I like to think I accomplish both. This season has been harder for me but I've still been going for the results while developing my players. The fact that I've lasted three seasons running in the Elite League while other teams have gone up and down is hopefully a testament to that. I've had good change reports (my first double jumper at the end of last season) and until this season I've always finished higher in the table at the end of each season. This will actually be the first season since starting that I've finished lower than where I ended the previous season.

There will most definitely be a cup after this season. We have potentially 3 teams that need replacing but we already have Fish coming in so that's lowered to just 2 already.

Du Rhearts Love Child is a friend of @dan\-likes\-trees I think? He hasn't logged in since February. Same goes for @Cube - do you still want to keep your team?

Worst comes to worst, we can just keep those two teams as inactive but hopefully both managers will opt to stay in anyway :p

Change reports will be up on Monday 22nd April (I think) which is one day after the league end date and three days after the final game.

Spotlight this week is on Dragooooo vs Hadens Rangers, please predict the outcome and how many players 8-skilled or higher will be playing!

This is the spotlight simply because it will be an interesting match so are there any takers besides bob? :p