NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Practicality versus Price - HELP ME PREASE

Now I just need to get back into it and improve. I'm fairly weak at these, I find it easier when the palms are facing you, but that's going to work more of the bicep. In my current gym, there aren't actually that many areas to do pull-ups. I can think of 3. Only one of these allows you to do them assisted. Should be able to include them into my routine properly now.

Yeah, they're tough. Keep at it mate, because I needed about 30-40kg assistance with military wide pull-ups last November. Now I can do 11 unassisted!

This a no?

Don't really think that's an option. I'll ask and see if it's possible, but they'll give the whole "we're not a charity, blah blah" line.

I've finally done it and have quit my current gym, so that's one less outgoing. The plan tomorrow is to visit this new place and see what it's like. Not even going to bother booking an appointment to view the place, will just turn up and say "Impress me, bitches."

Don't really think that's an option. I'll ask and see if it's possible, but they'll give the whole "we're not a charity, blah blah" line.

I don't mean demand a free trial. I mean actually paying for a month, that way you can really feel like you're getting your monies worth. Or do you have to have a six/whatever month minimum?

I don't mean demand a free trial. I mean actually paying for a month, that way you can really feel like you're getting your monies worth. Or do you have to have a six/whatever month minimum?

Ohhhh, I geddit naw. I geddit.

Pretty sure it'll be a 12month contract, as that's what the majority of places do these days. I'll be asking them about all the different options. If there's the chance to go for six instead of twelve, I'd probably go for that.

Now I need to find equipment.

fitness first does smaller length contracts but they're far more expensive. My year contract is 25.99 a month and i think the 3 month min contract was £34! For the exact same thing asides the luxury of cancelling earlier!!!

fitness first does smaller length contracts but they're far more expensive. My year contract is 25.99 a month and i think the 3 month min contract was £34! For the exact same thing asides the luxury of cancelling earlier!!!

We actually were with Fitness First. It cost me £35 per month for a year contract. =(

Wow, Eevil does have some use after all. :p

Went to the club to have a look around. It turns out that it isn't a 12month contract after all. You pay for 3 months, then it's a rolling monthly contract after that. Sweet.

There is a joining fee of £100 for one person and £50 for the other, mind. But, a massive plus at the lack of a 12month contract.

The place itself is fantastic. Tennis facilities are awesome and the squash courts themselves are good quality. There's a gym that is decent, probably not quite as good as my old one, but it's really an extra for me, if I needed to use it.

The drive there did take about 5 minutes to get to, and the car park was free as expected. So, no additional charges there, thank God.

The drive there did take about 5 minutes to get to, and the car park was free as expected. So, no additional charges there, thank God.

And walking there would be even better for you :heh:

And walking there would be even better for you :heh:

It would take around half an hour to walk there, which kinda defeats the whole idea of it being practical.

In short, you suck.

Sign in to follow this