NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Dark Souls II

@drahkon you're giving me an inferiority complex, I must be doing something wrong...

Ok...Well then...I won't tell you I've beaten three more bosses just now. :p

That last one was an absolute beast. For me, the hardest boss so far:

Smelter Demon.

Huge sword, three stages, fire damage, fuck.

As soon has he ignites his sword - unless you have 100% fire resistance, which I didn't - blocking will take away health, so you're better of evading.

His attacks make this quite a difficult act, though.

He also has high defence and lots of health.

Patience is key!

Aaaaaand I've reached the next boss who obliterated me in two strikes. Yay :D

Upgraded some weapons to +6 (Long Bow! And a Bastard Sword). Helps a lot but enemies still take 4-5 (or more) hits.

And the bosses...sweet Jesus they have so much health. :cry:

Edit: Beat that "obliterating" boss. :yay:

Edited by drahkon

So I defeated my second boss last night. And when I say I defeated it, what I really mean is me and 2 other players did. :hehe:

Yeah, I had to make use of the summon feature in order to take out...

The Pursuer!

:shakehead

Tried several times on my own, but just wasn't getting anywhere. :hmm:

Pretty sure I'll be needing to make use of summoning for a lot of bosses actually.

Speaking of multiplayer, I haven't ventured into anyone's game yet (despite having a few Red and Blue Cracked Eye Orbs at my disposal). Was wondering though, do you need to be in human form to do so, or can you invade as a hollow? Also, if you are in human form when you enter someone else's game (either to invade or assist) and you die, do you still lose your humanity?

Want to try invading, but don't want to potentially waste Human Effigy items, that I'm certainly going to need for bosses. ::shrug:

The Pursuer!
:shakehead

I think he's optional...defeating him just opens up a shortcut to The Lost Bastille, which you can/should reach via different way.

Was wondering though, do you need to be in human form to do so, or can you invade as a hollow?

Oh man, I have invaded twice but can't remember whether I was hollow or human.

You can be summoned (White Sign Soapstone) as human or hollow, so I think it doesn't matter.

Also, if you are in human form when you enter someone else's game (either to invade or assist) and you die, do you still lose your humanity?

Nope. If you die as a phantom you don't lose anything. You respawn in your world at the exact place where you left it :)

Fuck this place.

Large forest, mist and stupid almost invisible enemies, which you can't lock on to.

I've rambled about the Bell Keeper covenant before, but I have to admit: It is quite fun :laughing:

2v1 is still annoying, but if you have the chance to fight one on one it's simply amazing. Lags aside, encounters with enemy players are beautiful and rewarding!

Edited by drahkon

I think he's optional...defeating him just opens up a shortcut to The Lost Bastille, which you can/should reach via different way.

You gotta be shitting me!? :heh:

Oh well, I collected a load of souls at least. :hehe:

Nope. If you die as a phantom you don't lose anything. You respawn in your world at the exact place where you left it :)
Awesome, will give invading a try later on then. :)

You gotta be shitting me!? :heh:

I'm not sure, but it seems like a shortcut :p

The supposedly "real" way is amazing, though. You should give it a go.

I'm not sure, but it seems like a shortcut :p

The supposedly "real" way is amazing, though. You should give it a go.

Is the "real" way also accessed by using the key from the 1st boss?

I did discover a door that I hadn't opened yet, it's in a room next to that long ladder (the one you climb down from the bonfire) and it has a load of torches to light and some of those turtle enemies.

Is the "real" way also accessed by using the key from the 1st boss?

Nope, you can go there via Majula :) No key required (if I remember correctly).

Left of the path to the Victor's Stone is a huge archway with a staircase going down. Go there and follow the only possible path (I think it's the only path available) and you'll reach Heide's Tower of Flame.

Have fun :p

I have in my bag...Dark Souls 2. :) Something came up which meant I wouldn't have been able to play it over the weekend anyway.

Tonight...yes.

Like the previous 2 games...I shall smelt platinum ingots and pour them over my saves.

The pursuer is meant to be beaten with another person, can bring him down in seconds if someone keeps him busy whilst another uses the ballistae.

Fuck this place.

Large forest, mist and stupid almost invisible enemies, which you can't lock on to.

I just cleared this area now, didn't find it too bad and defeated the boss on the second try which I was pleased with. I have seen though that you have already been through Hunstman's Copse - how do you get there lol? I feel like I should have been there already :wtf:

Oh I remember in Dark Souls 1, before they patched it, the Ring of Fog gave you the ability to be untargetable as well as be hard to see like that. The thing was damn FUCKED. Made PvP more than a little ridiculous, really. I must confess, I used it a few times in duels while in the dragon covenant before the final boss for the lulz. I got a few PSN messages from the fallen afterwards with some rather flavourful language.

Needless to say, they nerfed that pretty quick.

I just cleared this area now, didn't find it too bad and defeated the boss on the second try which I was pleased with. I have seen though that you have already been through Hunstman's Copse - how do you get there lol? I feel like I should have been there already :wtf:

At Heide's Tower of Flame, after the Dragonride, there is a woman. Talk to hear until all the dialogue is exhausted and she will move to Majula.

Back in Majula go through that big archway and down the stairs. She will be there and for 2000 souls open up a new path.

Have beaten another boss :yay: Seemed to be one of major one as indicated by a cut-scene beforehand and

the primal bonfire.

Now there's only one area available to me (unless I find some new one) which I haven't done.

Oh I remember in Dark Souls 1, before they patched it, the Ring of Fog gave you the ability to be untargetable as well as be hard to see like that. The thing was damn FUCKED. Made PvP more than a little ridiculous, really.

Hm, I thought it was only a death sentence for Magic users as the lock-on is crucial for them.

Melee was more difficult without lock-on, true, but it was still doable.

It was really hard for melee users too, since you could just run around while unleashing pyromancy on the other guy from a reasonable difference. It was pretty hard to hit people (as opposed to enemies) consistently without targeting.

So I just attempted an invasion, used a Cracked Red Eye Orb and arrived in someone else's game. Started looking for them, and after literally 20 seconds a message popped up on screen saying they had moved to another area or something, and I was sent back to my world. :sad:

Was expecting to get the Cracked Red Eye Orb back (seeing as I didn't get to do shit) but no! It was gone. Not cool game, not cool at all. :mad:

I was going to try again but using a Cracked Blue Eye Orb (got more of those) but I can't use 'em for some reason. :hmm:

Nope, you can go there via Majula :) No key required (if I remember correctly).

Left of the path to the Victor's Stone is a huge archway with a staircase going down. Go there and follow the only possible path (I think it's the only path available) and you'll reach Heide's Tower of Flame.

Have fun :p

Ah, I've been there several times already. And again just now in fact, to defeat... the Dragonrider! :awesome:

I'm now up to Level 50.

Here are my stats:

YqHs1kB.jpg

Not really put much thought into the leveling up process, well I've been focusing on stamina and attack as they seem the most useful. ::shrug:

What do the Dark Souls pros think? :hehe: Am I on the right path, or should I be leveling up other attributes?

Attunement can be good to get more spells/pyromancy. Loading my game up now so not sure if pyromancy still kicks major ass yet.

Was expecting to get the Cracked Red Eye Orb back (seeing as I didn't get to do shit) but no! It was gone. Not cool game, not cool at all. :mad:

Yeah, sometimes the online portion of Dark Souls can be a real pain.

But don't let that throw you off! Online is great, PvP is fun (most of the time :p ).

I was going to try again but using a Cracked Blue Eye Orb (got more of those) but I can't use 'em for some reason.

I think you can only use them when you're part of a specific covenant. Can't recall its name, though.

Am I on the right path, or should I be leveling up other attributes?

Not bad, not bad. Stamina is important. Depending on your weapon of choice either put more in STR or DEX (enough DEX to use a bow! Bows are awesome).

Since you're apparently more of a melee type, try to upgrade VIT some more. A higher equip load will come in handy.

Attunement can be good to get more spells/pyromancy. Loading my game up now so not sure if pyromancy still kicks major ass yet.

Ah yes, pyromancy :D Already upgraded my flame to +8. But I don't have a single attunement slot.

50 hours in, this is how I look:

20140319_003303.jpg

The next 6 soullevels will go into ATN. I need that one slot so I can equip one pyromancy.

No idea how far I'm into the game. Done some major things, i.e. kill major bosses which allowed me to set foot into one specific area. I won't give away what it is, just let me tell you: It looks awesome :awesome:

Not bad, not bad. Stamina is important. Depending on your weapon of choice either put more in STR or DEX (enough DEX to use a bow! Bows are awesome).

Since you're apparently more of a melee type, try to upgrade VIT some more. A higher equip load will come in handy.

Yeah, was noticing I kept going over the weight limit after equipping some rings. In fact, I've only got 1 shield and 1 sword equipped now, to be able to keep those rings and the best armour all equipped that the same time. :hehe:

By the way, do you think it's worth buying the fall damage ring from the cat in Majula? I've got enough souls to level up to 55, or get that ring, but I can't decide. :hmm:

50 hours in, this is how I look:

0tBwByP.jpg

Whoa! :o

For some reason I thought the level cap was 100.

Don't tell me it's 999? :heh:

By the way, do you think it's worth buying the fall damage ring from the cat in Majula? I've got enough souls to level up to 55, or get that ring, but I can't decide. :hmm:

Not really, I bought it (after 10 minutes of farming) to see what was down that big hole in Majula. Turns out you can get there later much much easier.

Other than that I haven't used that ring.

Probably not. But it might get somewhat close. Maxing all stats (Lvl 99, I guess) will take a lot of soul levels :p

At Heide's Tower of Flame, after the Dragonride, there is a woman. Talk to hear until all the dialogue is exhausted and she will move to Majula.

Back in Majula go through that big archway and down the stairs. She will be there and for 2000 souls open up a new path.

Oh yeah, thanks for that. One shotting most things indicates I probably should have been there sooner!

Looking at the characters people are using, I am surprised everyone is going with such low ADP - it increases a lot of important things such as how quick you drink estus (all consumables really), how quickly you can raise your shield, increases agility so you can start rolling sooner and increases poise too.

Also I like to keep the equip load below 70% to keep the rolls fast.

Hm, in the 'travel screen' I'm able to see the areas and bonfires I haven't discovered yet. :wtf: No names, just "???" but it's still kinda annoying knowing how many areas there are :blank:

Wondering if this is a bug or intentional ::shrug:

surprised everyone is going with such low ADP - it increases a lot of important things such as how quick you drink estus (all consumables really), how quickly you can raise your shield, increases agility so you can start rolling sooner and increases poise too.

Sounds like a good investment, however, I thought that STN/DEX/VIT were more important for me. Better equipment, stronger weapons and still have an equip load lower than 70%.

Also...only noobs get hit and need to drink estus :p

I now have 11 charges and +5 'charge strength'. Should be close to maxing it out

:o

Found a fucking huge and awesome bow that uses Greatarrows (which cost 180 souls a piece...). Will buy a lot of these arrows!

Edited by drahkon

For some reason I thought the level cap was 100.

Not that you were saying this, but attaining max soul level is a bit of a pointless objective in the series. Only morons persevere for that long.

Ventured into the game last night. I have to say, for nearly the same price the black armour edition is really nice. Also ShopTo threw in an iPhone case which I don't need, but it's free...

Was surprised at how relatively obscured the level up person and estus flask was, having to talk multiple times. Can imagine people not doing that.

Generally loving getting back Souls, will be investing a good deal of time into this. I want some bleeding pyromancy!

Sign in to follow this