NEurope
Ramar

HDMI cables

I've bought my parents a Blu-Ray player for Christmas, obviously doesn't come with the cable (which geniuses thought up that money spinner?). Basically wondered if anyone's got any recommendations, otherwise I'll just end up buying the cheapest one I can find, which might not be a good idea.

I just got a few rotating head ones off eBay, my TV is wall mounted and HDMI leads stick out quite a bit, I find rotating ones quite handy. If not, just try Poundland !

Cheapest one yeah. HDMI's a digital signal and from what I understand ain't not need for high quality cables unless you're going for a super super sized screen.

Cheapest one yeah. HDMI's a digital signal and from what I understand ain't not need for high quality cables unless you're going for a super super sized screen.

Or very long cables.

Rummy is lying, the signal is not digital. The signal for video output of 720p or higher actually consists of pure octarine mana. As such you should seek gold connectors as gold is clearly the best conductor for this.

Thus this is the solution for you:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Cable-Metre-1080p-v1-4b/dp/B004T8JYFG/ref=sr_1_22?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1354874442&sr=1-22

You're welcome.

Rummy is lying, the signal is not digital. The signal for video output of 720p or higher actually consists of pure octarine mana. As such you should seek gold connectors as gold is clearly the best conductor for this.

Thus this is the solution for you:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Cable-Metre-1080p-v1-4b/dp/B004T8JYFG/ref=sr_1_22?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1354874442&sr=1-22

You're welcome.

I've ordered 20!

I literally bought the cheapest one on Amazon. Think it was like £1.03. Worth the risk if it turns out to be a piece of string.

Thanks anyway for the serious reccommendation @Emerald Emblem

Glad you went for a cheap one! if i'm feeling fancy the most "expensive" type i'd buy is with a braided lead so it doesn't tangle easily, other than that £1 from a supermarket does the job

It's amusing how cheap these are. My Step Dad once spent £50 on a SCART cable.

Operation buy super cheap may have been a failure. Got the cable today and quickly tested it and the picture is a bit crackly. I'll give the cable a test on the 360 later.

Operation buy super cheap may have been a failure. Got the cable today and quickly tested it and the picture is a bit crackly. I'll give the cable a test on the 360 later.

Really? I've only ever bought HDMI cables off playtrade for less than £2, never ever had a problem/bad picture with any of them, and I'm rolling on about 5 now?

My Amazon HDMI cables arrived today, work fine. They can even send internet through the cable even though I have no devices that support this.

Panic over! Set the Blu Ray Player to 1080i and problem solved. £1.03 cable ftw!