N-Europe

Need For Speed Most Wanted U

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wii U demand isn't exactly booming, sales will be even weaker - retailers probably just don't even want to take the risk. Go online/ShopTo, get it within a day or two.

Well they can't entice sales if they're not going to stock news games.

Nintendo are screwed either way

The point is that they probably can't entice sales even if they DO stock the games. Brick and mortar's suffering to online enough as it is, but a combination of the wii u's lacklustre sales and Nintendo's approach probably don't help. The brick and mortar's probably aren't seeing many hardware, nor software, sales and so won't want to add the cost of buying/stocking if they don't feel it'll sell. It's a shame, but that's how it is. Personally I DO think this game will sell well though.

really want this game like now and can't bring myself to pay £45 for a download. Does anybody know an actual shop that is selling this game/

Feeling you on this. They should release DD titles at £30-35 to RRP £40 imo, something to incentivise actually going DD over retail. Of course, I don't know the margins and whatnot, but I'd think a retail copy with production and everything must amount to at least a few quid over DD.

Feeling you on this. They should release DD titles at £30-35 to RRP £40 imo, something to incentivise actually going DD over retail. Of course, I don't know the margins and whatnot, but I'd think a retail copy with production and everything must amount to at least a few quid over DD.

The problem is they don't want to upset the retailers. It's the same for Sony and MS. They need the retailers to sell their products.

The problem is they don't want to upset the retailers. It's the same for Sony and MS. They need the retailers to sell their products.

True, but right now...are they doing anything to NOT upset them? Plus there's still the edge, of phsyical vs digital; personally I'd pay up to five pound more generally just because I'm used to physical copies, I'd opt for physical most of the time methinks. If the retailers didn't have issues, I don't see why it isn't in B&M stores. It's a desperately needed game in a drought for some, the only reason I haven't got it yet is because I won't play for a few weeks.

Edited by Rummy

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!