NEurope
Retro_Link

Harmo Knight (eShop)

Developed by Game Freak!

Not announced for Europe yet, but here's hoping as it looks so much fun!! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

Part of me hopes it gives you Meloetta for Pokémon if you complete...just to give me reason to cover it :p

Theatrhythm: Pokemon :p

Looking forward to this one, hope we get it.

But this game looks original, looks fun and looks like it's had effort put into it. :heh:

Indeed. Let's hope it's just as fun.

Best announcement from the video - I really hope this come out over here (and soon!).

From Iwata Asks.

Game was the idea of GF employee James Turner (UK), 3D Graphic artist and designer of Vanilux-line and Vullaby.

-Around 1.5 years between original idea and now.

-Produced by Pokemon game director, Masuda.

- Masuda comments on difficult of starting non-Pokemon projects at the company due to the focus on Pokemon games.

-Game spent first 6 months being developed as a side-scrolling DS game

- Originally only had one playable character, but added more to allow for more variety in play styles. Now has 3.

- Thought hard about including Pokemon music as it may break immersion.

This had better make it over here seeing as a UKer came up with the thing!

jJWqNrl2Pw7mj.png

I just realised... All of the text (except for the options) and all of the voices are already in English...

Bodes well for a US/EU release! :D

From Iwata Asks.

This had better make it over here seeing as a UKer came up with the thing!

jJWqNrl2Pw7mj.png

Yeah, I remember James Turner saying about his own project at GameFreak in interviews last year

I'd expect we'd get this

So it seems there's a second Pokémon level

Trying to suck me in...

This game is good...the Pokémon level is kicking my ass though

The demo runs for 5 stages and a boss. One of the stages is the Pokémon stage shown in Nintendo Direct featuring Reshiram & Zekrom

Haven't tried any other demos, they don't interest me

One of the stages is the Pokémon stage shown in Nintendo Direct featuring Reshiram & Zekrom
What stage is this in the 'trailer'?... I don't follow Pokemon anymore so don't know what I'm looking for!

harmoknight.jpg

Trailer one. Uses Wild Battle theme

harmoknight2.jpg

From the official site. Uses Pokémon Gym theme

Just watched this on the front page. Was thinking it's pretty cute but hopefully cheap as I don't like paying too much for rhythm games really, glad to see it'll be eShop just wonder what the price point will be. Think I'll most likely pick it up however!

(is this likely to arrive any time soon, btw?)

Edited by Rummy

Just watched this on the front page. Was thinking it's pretty cute but hopefully cheap as I don't like paying too much for rhythm games really, glad to see it'll be eShop just wonder what the price point will be. Think I'll most likely pick it up however!

Ermmmm.....It's supposed to be around $18, so convert that in to our money and it will be at least a tenner. Apparently it started out as a retail game and has ended up as an e-Shop title instead.

Here's a vid from a Gaf user playing it.

(is this likely to arrive any time soon, btw?)

It's 1800 yen on the Japanese eShop (most expensive non-retail game on there), which is around £15, so we'll probably get it for something like £20, I'd guess.

Looks like it could get a bit challenging, tbh a tenner would be ok for me probably. I imagine it's got a fair bit of content. £20...hmmm.

So, apparently you can finish the game in under four hours. :hmm: Seems a little short given the price of it. Hopefully there will be some post game content.

So, apparently you can finish the game in under four hours.

So I'll probably get at least 40 hours of gameplay out of this. Sounds good to me!

EDIT:

Unless that was under four hours to 100% it (which I very much doubt)... in which case it'll take me at least 30 hours.

Reminds me a lot of BIT.TRIP RUNNER, which is definitely a good thing as that game got me hooked. Was hard as nails, but was daaamn fun to play.

Unfortunately though that kind of affects the price I'd be willing to pay and like Rummy said, a tenner would be ideal.