NEurope
ReplayEvents

Play Expo – Manchester (UK) - 13-14th October 2012

Medal of Honor Warfighter playable at Play Expo

We are pleased to announce that EA will be showcasing another of their highly anticipated 2012 titles at Play Expo.

Attendees will be able to play Medal of Honor: Warfighter 13 days before its UK release and after seeing some of the trailers for the game we think it is looking pretty impressive.

The game will be playable alongside Need for Speed: Most Wanted and the latest version of perennial fan favourite, EA Sports FIFA 13.

EGL Fighting Game Tournaments Announced

The European Gaming League has confirmed that their fighting tournaments will be organised by Armshouse. There will be several cash prize tournaments run throughout the weekend, as follows:

Saturday

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 – Solo

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - 3v3

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - North vs South exhibition

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – Solo

Sunday

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 – Solo

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 - 2v2

King of Fighters XIII – Solo

For entry fees and further information please visit our website.

Additional free to enter fighting game tournaments will take place in our now.play and re.play areas – more information on these will be announced soon.

We have made loads of announcements over the last week or so, so here's a summary. Please visit the Play Expo website for further details...

On The Day Admission Prices Confirmed

We can now confirm that you will be able to pay on the day for entry to Play Expo. The prices will be as follows:

Day Entry – Adult: £14.00

Day Entry – Child: £9.00

Day Entry – Family: £36.00

Weekend Pass – Adult: £22.00

Weekend Pass – Child: £14.00

Weekend Pass – Family: £57.00

Tekken Cosplay Competition

Thanks to the generosity of Namco Bandai, there will be a special Tekken themed Cosplay competition at Play Expo, which will take place on Sunday 14th - the day of the official Namco Tekken Tag Tournament 2 qualifier.

The winner will receive the following exclusive prizes, provided by Namco Bandai:

We Are Tekken Gamershirt (limited edition of 100)

Alisa Kotobukiya figurine

Copy of Tekken 6 (PS3 or XBOX 360) signed by producer Harada-san.

Parapraxis Foundations to be unveiled for the first time

Independent developers Third Nerve will be unveiling their new game Parapraxis Foundations for the first time at Play Expo.

The community-led project is currently in the alpha stage, so Third Nerve are looking for visitors to try out the game and give valuable feedback into the development process.

Cos.play Area Exhibitors and Traders Confirmed

We are pleased to confirm the majority of exhibitors in our cos.play area. A diverse range of traders will be available, along with a number of creative exhibits. Please visit the website for full details.

Chompy Chomp Chomp comes to Play Expo!

Indie games studio Utopian World of Sandwiches will be bringing their latest game Chompy Chomp Chomp to Play Expo’s Replay Lounges. Chompy Chomp Chomp is a frantic multiplayer game to play with your family and friends. You can play against up to three friends locally, or online via Xbox Live. Chomp your way through rich and varied arena environments, and battle with frenzied power-ups and poison effects.

Gordian Knot bring Trading Card Games to Play Expo

Alongside all of the other attractions you'd expect from Play Expo, this year we are offering everyone the chance to play their favourite Trading Card Game.

Gordian Knot Games will be running various trading card tournaments including Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic: The Gathering, Pokemon and Cardfight Vanguard.

Re.play Exhibitor Line-up Announced

As preparations for Play Expo reach their final stages, we can now confirm the list of exhibitors in the re.play area. Please visit our website for further information.

EGL Confirms FIFA 13 Tournaments in pro.play

The European Gaming League is pleased to confirm the details of the FIFA 13 tournaments taking place at Play Expo.

Following its popularity at previous EGL events, doubles is back! Sunday will feature non-stop doubles action with the singles championship taking place on Saturday.

Forbidden Planet presents Superhero Showdown

We’re pleased to announce a partnership with Forbidden Planet, which will see them sponsor a special exhibit in the re.play zone called Superhero Showdown.

This interactive exhibit will showcase a selection of games from four legendary comic book heroes. Visitors will be encouraged to play the games and vote for which hero they think has been best represented in video game form. All voters will also receive a 20% discount voucher, and can also be entered into a prize draw for some special goodies courtesy of Forbidden Planet.

And finally...

Read all about it! Play Expo newspaper hot off the press...

For those of you living in the Manchester area, our FREE Play Expo promotional newspaper, entitled The Gamer, is now available.

The newspaper contains over 30 pages of great gaming articles, including previews of many of the games and attractions that you will be able to experience at the show.

The newspaper is available from many of the major supermarkets surrounding Manchester City centre, a list of which is shown on our website.

For those of you unable to find a copy, the newspaper doubles as the event programme and will be available free to all Play Expo visitors. If you can’t wait that long, you can also download a PDF version of the newspaper from our website.

That rounds it up for now. We probably won't have chnace to make further announcments on forums from now on, so please visit the Play Expo site or Facebook page to keep up to date with all the exciting news!

Ah I really wanted to go but I don't think I can now, money wise and various unexpected appointments. I'm basically moving house for my Dad this weekend and I'm flat broke. Whilst ticket prices are totally decent, travel cost is unfortunately not.

I'm attending! Really looking forward to this, last year was great and this year looks to be even better! Be sure to bring your 3DS and activate streetpass, I want to see lots of pink puzzle pieces so I can complete my collection! :D

@kav82 You'll have to text me and let me know what your arrangements are, can't wait to see you again!

I want to see lots of pink puzzle pieces so I can complete my collection! :D

I have one pink puzzle piece. I think.

I have one pink puzzle piece. I think.

Get your butt to Play Expo and you can get 20+ of mine! Plus more from my other friends who are attending! :)

you know i really should look where the venue is since i have no idea how to get to it once i'm in manchester

:facepalm: next to the trafford centre which i really do know where it is

you know i really should look where the venue is since i have no idea how to get to it once i'm in manchester

I had to check the EventCity website as I have no idea where the Trafford Centre is in relation to Picadilly Station.

Ah the overcrowded Trafford centre - from Manchester city centre get the metrolink to Stretford and the connecting shuttle bus from there.

Or the Stagecoach X50 or 250, apparently.

Edit: Just checked Google Street View so I know what stop you get off. That bridge thing looks awesome.

Edited by Cube

does anyone know if they can read the tickets off of a smart phone? my printers just packed in

tried the telephone number on the website 01484 817718 and its just silent no dial tone or anything

Really enjoyed this, will definitely go next year.

Had a go on the Wii U - didn't try ZombiU as I was with my nephew and he wasn't old enough. Enjoyed Rayman a lot more than I expected. But wasn't really bowled over by NintendoLand (though the Luigi one was pretty good) and I thought NSMB was awful if you are holding the GamePad...is that all you can do - put blocks on the screen?

So still undecided on Wii U, but the rest of the show was great - was funny to see people playing on MW3 all day and getting really annoyed at each other. But why spend £12 on a ticket and just do the same thing you would be doing at home anyway? Didn't try Halo 4 as it wasn't the campaign they had on show. Really loved all the arcade machines - was so tempted to buy one of those cabinets with the 400 games. Maybe one day.

Really great event, i hope we see many more continue in the year to come, the layout was great as was the variation in events/activities

if i had one complaint (and a tenuous one at that), it was the fish and chip van/stall uhhhh the fish was swimming in grease and the "chips" were undercooked potato, but that isn't anything you can control

can't believe how mad some of those people on MW3 got, it was stupid i thought one argument was going to develop into a fist fight at one point