N-Europe

The Wilderness Downtown (HTML5 Experiments)

Gizmo

http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/

A friend of mine had to write a piece about her "favourite piece of digital work" for a job application and chose this. It's an interactive film made using HTML5 (best viewed in Chrome I believe) also featuring music from Arcade Fire. It asks you for the address of your childhood home and then builds a music video around it using data from Google Maps / Streetview. Kinda cool. Also asks you to "write a message to your childhood self" though I'm not sure the relevance of it at the end.

Just thought it was cool and worth sharing! Anybody else found any good HTML5 experiments?

http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/

A friend of mine had to write a piece about her "favourite piece of digital work" for a job application and chose this. It's an interactive film made using HTML5 (best viewed in Chrome I believe) also featuring music from Arcade Fire. It asks you for the address of your childhood home and then builds a music video around it using data from Google Maps / Streetview. Kinda cool. Also asks you to "write a message to your childhood self" though I'm not sure the relevance of it at the end.

Just thought it was cool and worth sharing! Anybody else found any good HTML5 experiments?

Just tried it with my home village... Didn't work that well as the Satellite view of it is terrible. About to try again with my Glasgow address.

Edit - OK, he went up the road to my car park but the 'turnaround' view showed him on the front seat.

It was a decent thing but not much more than that. Similar to what BA did recently with an interactive advert where you could make a plane fly up your street.

Edited by Charlie

If it works, it's good. I got this with my town

"Your address doesn't contain enough Street-View and/or Google Maps data to 100% enjoy this experience. You may want to try another address, or the name of your school and its town could work as well."