NEurope
Retro_Link

Nintendo Land

Been watching trailers and clips from the American conference over at GT and this game looks actually quite fun. Can't believe what a poor show they did with it at E3.

I'm really torn over this game. It looks fantastic, but I'm not sure whether to go for this or the ZombiU bundle.

My problem is simply how many of these games will be playable as a single player experience? I know there's 12 games, but quite simply if only 4 of them can be played as single player games I'm not sure if it'll be value for money.

I know several people on the forum who are going for the ZombiU pack and I quite like the idea of hunting down their reanimated corpses...

Check out the amazingness of Pikmin Adventure... full screen and 1080p it.... WOW!

You can turn your friends into poo!? Day 1! :D

I'm really torn over this game. It looks fantastic, but I'm not sure whether to go for this or the ZombiU bundle.

My problem is simply how many of these games will be playable as a single player experience? I know there's 12 games, but quite simply if only 4 of them can be played as single player games I'm not sure if it'll be value for money.

I know several people on the forum who are going for the ZombiU pack and I quite like the idea of hunting down their reanimated corpses...

9 out of the 12 games can be played in single player (with the remaining 3 being multiplayer only).

Nintendo-Land-attractions.jpg

The three on the left are single and multiplayer games, the three in the middle are multiplayer only games, and the six games on the right are single player games that other players can assist with in a co-op mode.

BTW, does anyone else find it really funny that Pikmin Adventure looks far better than Pikmin 3 from a graphical perspective? :laughing: (Yeah I know, Pikmin 3 was a Wii port and that's why PA looks better, but I still find it really funny)

Edited by Dcubed

I'm intrigued about Yoshi's Fruit Cart, Octopus Dance and Captain Falcon's Twister Race. We've only seen two screenshots of the lasto ne and nothing else about any of them

Looking forward to hearing more about Yoshi Octopus and F Zero. I can't wait for this game, going to be multiplayer heaven.

If you can't buy both get Zombi U. FOr me launch is about getting the most out of the hardware, and although land and Zombi are both the best examples. Land is only the best example because of mulitplayer, by the sounds of it you wont play mulitplayer so I would go for Zombi U. Or both.

Looking forward to hearing more about Yoshi Octopus and F Zero. I can't wait for this game, going to be multiplayer heaven.

If you can't buy both get Zombi U. FOr me launch is about getting the most out of the hardware, and although land and Zombi are both the best examples. Land is only the best example because of mulitplayer, by the sounds of it you wont play mulitplayer so I would go for Zombi U. Or both.

Yeah me too. I'm really itching for a new 4 player local multi game that isn't a sidescroller and this looks perfect! :D

Thanks for the info guys. Now I've seen I can play 9 out of the 12 games on my own I'm leaning toward Nintendo Land as I love anything Nintendo. However I've been very interested in ZombiU since it rose from the ashes that was Killer Freaks.

The thing is this guys: I love the idea of hooking up with you all and seeing how my scores are compared to yours in the Miiverse. But I'm also loving the idea of turning on the WiiU to find out the Zombie version of me ate someone last night!

Both games seem to have innovative online interactivity. I also feel ZombiU will be the kind of game to be discounted heavily after release.

Hmm that's true, ZombiU is the one that's going to get the price drop... though I hope the game does well before this! Everything we've seen from the latest trailers makes it look like it deserve too. How well did Red Steel do?

What games are you thinking of getting then @Zechs Merquise that's preventing you getting both?... I take it Call of Duty is one.

I just realised, there is no Pokemon themed game? :-/

Nope. Thank god...didn't want to import a US Wii U to cover it :p

The games here are all developed by EAD. Pokémon is not

Is to be expected. It's only based on games from Nintendo EAD or R&D1/SPD - so the likes of Pokemon and Kirby wouldn't be considered.

The games here are all developed by EAD. Pokémon is not

Almost right, but not quite. [nerdmode]Metroid, G&W, DK and Balloon Fight were developed by Nintendo R&D1 (now known as Nintendo SPD1), not EAD :geek:[/nerdmode]

Edited by Dcubed

Why make pokemon a part of it when Nintendo can just make a whole game based on Pokemon themes, shit would sell.

Why make pokemon a part of it when Nintendo can just make a whole game based on Pokemon themes, shit would sell.

True, it's had many spin offs of its own, most done well enough. Just imagined with it being a huge franchise they'd have fit in somehow. You could easily imagine your mii wearing a Pokemon costume. There again there's no Pokemon hats in the streetpass quest.

Nintendo should link loads of Game Parks up in some way...

So your Mii jumps on a Train Station at Nintendo land, followed by a short cutscene, and upon entering a tunnel you are prompted to change discs...

Put in 'Pokemon Land' and it boots up you leaving the tunnel and arriving at the Pokemon 'Nintendo Land' theme park.

Put in 'Animal Crossing U' and the Train and your Mii arrive at Animal Crossing!

Even better would be if you loaded all your games onto a Hard Drive so you didn't have to change discs and could just selected your next game destination! A whole Game world for Miiverse to interact in!

Edited by Retro_Link

Hmm that's true, ZombiU is the one that's going to get the price drop... though I hope the game does well before this! Everything we've seen from the latest trailers makes it look like it deserve too. How well did Red Steel do?

What games are you thinking of getting then @Zechs Merquise that's preventing you getting both?... I take it Call of Duty is one.

Red Steel did really well in sales terms - around 1.5 million.

I'm looking at picking up the premium unit with either Nintendo Land or ZombiU bundled. Then I'll be getting NSMBU and Black Ops 2.

I would ideally get Nintendo Land and ZombiU. I just wonder how many people are getting them? I can imagine that the opportunities for high score challenges on Nintendo Land with forum users would be pretty fun!

Red Steel did really well in sales terms - around 1.5 million.

I'm looking at picking up the premium unit with either Nintendo Land or ZombiU bundled. Then I'll be getting NSMBU and Black Ops 2.

I would ideally get Nintendo Land and ZombiU. I just wonder how many people are getting them? I can imagine that the opportunities for high score challenges on Nintendo Land with forum users would be pretty fun!

If you can afford, get both. Pussy ;)

Loads of people on these forums will be getting both I'd imagine.

I love Nintendo Land! I will have so much fun with this! (Provided I get some of my friends to play this with me on a regular basis.)

Aye, I'm no horror game fan, but ZombiU does interest me. End of the day, NL will be a must-buy and most WiiU owners will end up getting it at some point; the mini games and the first Nintendo artwork in HD, all look luscious... as a Nintendo fan first and foremost, this is what buying the Wii U is all about for me.

I am geting the ZombiU bundle and I might be geting Nintendo Land aswell and other games

Like canand above me, I too will be purchasing the ZombiU Pack and NintendoLand Separately.