NEurope

I need them PLUSHIES!!!

Mine's a bit manky... been in storage in the garage for a while. Needs a wash but it means ripping the cardboard tag off.

P1000773.JPG

“Shigeru Miyamoto Pikmin 3 Bingo Battle”

This looks like terrific fun. Let's hope that's just a little taster of the other games within Battle Mode. It's also great to see Miyamoto still enjoys playing games even after all the decades despite being surrounded by them 24/7.

Edited by Wii

Torn... enough cash for this or NSLU... Which one?

Pikmin 3 all the way.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Just paid for mine now. £26.53 delivered, via flubit.com. I've heard from some random internet person on UK deals he got a few 3DS games off flubit come a day early and even 3 days early before release!!! So trying them out to see what the crack is. Price is amazing for this though!

Just paid for mine now. £26.53 delivered, via flubit.com. I've heard from some random internet person on UK deals he got a few 3DS games off flubit come a day early and even 3 days early before release!!! So trying them out to see what the crack is. Price is amazing for this though!

I've been pre-ordering from Flubit the last few weeks - got Animal Crossing on release day, Sniper Elite day before and Donkey Kong day after. Naturally, it depends on which company decide to fulfil the order.

Currently got Pikmin 3 on pre-order at £26.39 and Game & Wario at £21.46. Cancelled a whole bunch of pre-orders at ShopTo, but I'll still be using them for games I'm desperate to get on or before release date :wink:

I've been pre-ordering from Flubit the last few weeks - got Animal Crossing on release day, Sniper Elite day before and Donkey Kong day after. Naturally, it depends on which company decide to fulfil the order.

Currently got Pikmin 3 on pre-order at £26.39 and Game & Wario at £21.46. Cancelled a whole bunch of pre-orders at ShopTo, but I'll still be using them for games I'm desperate to get on or before release date :wink:

Cool, good to know. Looks like you got it slightly cheaper than me - did you use WOWHD for your base price?

Watch the master play.

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

Watch -

Cool, good to know. Looks like you got it slightly cheaper than me - did you use WOWHD for your base price?

[/center]

Yes, I think the final price varies by a few pennies, depending on which options you choose in the quick questionnaire.

Pikmin Direct is on it's way.

NCL has announced a presentation tomorrow, Jun. 26th at 8 pm Japan Time, covering Pikmin 3.

[iwata] Hello, this is Mr. Iwata from Nintendo. From 8PM on Wednesday the 26th, we will broadcast the "Pikmin 3 Direct 2013/6/26". You can watch on the Nintendo Homepage, Nico Nico Live Broadcast, and Ustream.

[iwata] This time, Mr. Hitoshi Matsumoto, who has publically stated a love for Pikmin, will discuss the series with it's creator Mr. Miyamoto while playing some Pikmin 3. It will be a little bit different to a regular Direct. Please watch if you have the time.

Format of this Direct reminds me of Game Centre CX a lot, which I actually kind of expected.

Game looked fun, which is standard when it comes to Pikmin. I wish there were subtitles as they seem to be having quite a good laugh. :D

Finally got round to watching this too. I can see where the hype is coming from now.

Translation from Cheesemeister:

20:00 The presentation has begun. It's been a while since Hitoshi Matsumoto and Miyamoto met.

20:01 Game creation involves planning, as well as data and asset creation. Matsumoto looked up Miyamoto on Wikipedia, learned about tea table upending.

20:02 Since Pikmin 2 was released, Matsumoto has gotten married and had kids. Starting with story mode. Going to an unknown planet, meeting the Pikmin.

20:03 New characters are from a different planet than Olimar, though they look similar. Miyamoto will start by reading the scripted lines.

20:04 There's an object like the GamePad in the game. Run into the yellow Pikmin first.

20:05 Throw Pikmin with the A button, and they take care of the shrooms. Call with B. Matsumoto doesn't really need an explanation; Miyamoto need not be there.

20:06 That's the end of the day for the 1st character, Charlie. Here's the 2nd, Alph.

20:07 Pikmin will be tossed toward the on-screen target. Carry enemies, etc. to onion.

20:08 Matsumoto can't reach the GamePad with the red Pikmin. Use Z button to change cam.

20:09 The Pikmin build a bridge out of the shingles. Matsumoto gets the appeal.

20:10 A map is on the GamePad. See remaining Pikmin, allies. More Pikmin carry faster.

20:11 Plucking Pikmin has been simplified. Just press A to pluck them all.

20:13 Rock Pikmin are in the game. Blast off to a higher altitude at night than before.

20:15 7 to 10 min. missions are available for practice. Small Bulbears die quickly. Rescue Pikmin captured by a jellyfish-like creature by tossing rock Pikmin.

20:16 Once the time limit is up, your score is tallied. You'll get better with practice. Flying Pikmin can retrieve objects from otherwise inaccessible spots.

20:17 There are lots of strategies to enjoy. Missions can be cleared in about 10 min.

20:18 A replay feature allows you to see everything you did in that play session.

20:19 Games can get under your skin and affect you unlike anything else, even frustrate.

20:20 More will have to come up and continue creating Pikmin after Miyamoto's gone.

20:21 The presentation is now over. Thanks for following!

Agreed. I wasn't really excited about this game, intending to get it because I somewhat enjoyed the first despite its horrific limitations and to support Nintendo, but it just looks spectacular every time

Agreed. I wasn't really excited about this game, intending to get it because I somewhat enjoyed the first despite its horrific limitations and to support Nintendo, but it just looks spectacular every time

Did you not play the second game? Probably more to your liking if the limitation you are referring to was the time limit.

I love the series and enjoyed the challenge of the time limit in the first game and the larger worlds and new Pikmin of the second game. I can't believe its taken this long to get the 3rd one. :(

Still, we are all most there...

Did you not play the second game? Probably more to your liking if the limitation you are referring to was the time limit.

I love the series and enjoyed the challenge of the time limit in the first game and the larger worlds and new Pikmin of the second game. I can't believe its taken this long to get the 3rd one. :(

Still, we are all most there...

Kept meaning to get around to it, but never did

New Japanese Advert

Oooooooooooooooooh shiiiiit! It looks increeeedibleeeeeeeee!

After looking at comparisons on gaf, the engine seems to have improved a lot, even the textures. The fruits look photo-realistic.

I'm in Pikmin frenzy mode at the minute looking to buy the new Wii play control versions just to have a complete collection.

In contrast to the sort of game adverts people are normally exposed to, seeing this on TV should instantly capture people's intrigue and imagination.

Mr Iwata, TV advertisement campaign warp 10. Engage!

Edited by madeinbeats

After looking at comparisons on gaf, the engine seems to have improved a lot, even the textures. The fruits look photo-realistic.

I'm in Pikmin frenzy mode at the minute looking to buy the new Wii play control versions just to have a complete collection.

In contrast to the sort of game adverts people are normally exposed to, seeing this on TV should instantly capture people's intrigue and imagination.

Mr Iwata, TV advertisement campaign warp 10. Engage!

The game looks really really impressive. I wish we got ads like this!!