Xpert 11 Season 23: The highlight of the Summer

Haden

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N-Euro Middle League Round Four

****Rising Phoenix vs Aqui1a All Stars***

Rising Phoenix launched themselves into a game instantly creating chances on goal, allowing Paul Crossley to score for them in the 15th minute. All Stars recovered quickly and Scott Page equalised just two minutes later. Rising Phoenix weren’t discouraged though and in the 30th minute Cletus Sheen scored from a free kick to put them back in the lead. The first half ended 2-1 with All Stars unable to create any further chances. Rising Phoenix continued to attack All Stars’ goal in the second half, making 7 chances in the game overall but in the 72nd minute Max Hendry missed a penalty which surely would have secured their victory. All Stars rallied for the final minutes of the game and had two late attempts on goal, the first missed but their saving grace was a free kick just one minute before the end of the game. Scott Page took the shot and Cody Freeman volleyed it in the air to score a last minute wonder goal for All Stars!

Final Score: Rising Phoenix 2-2 Aqui1a All Stars

****Dragooooo vs Yellow Submarine***

Yellow Submarine have never beaten Dragooooo but in their last away game they only conceded one goal. With both teams at full strength, it was already promising to be an epic clash of rivals and the teams did not disappoint. Submarine opted for a brutal opening which caused one of their players to receive a booking but in the 20th minute Allan Van N’wenhuyzen of Dragooooo had to be replaced by Cris Livermore due to injury, an advantage for Yellow Submarine as Livermore is younger and more inexperienced. In the 23rd minute, Dragooooo were awarded a penalty kick from which Thijs Feskens was able to score to put Dragooooo in the lead! But then the floodgates were opened… in the 27th minute Milan Zoetebier scored a second goal for Dragooooo but just 3 minutes later Irving Beasley scored for Yellow Submarine! Thijs Feskens scored another goal for Dragooooo in the 34th minute and that concluded the excitement for the first half which ended at 3-1 to Dragooooo. Yellow Submarine threatened to comeback late in the second half with a goal from Alcino Viana but Dragooooo pulled further away thanks to a goal from Daan Wielink who scored from a free kick. In the 88th minute Yellow Submarine were awarded a free kick of their own which allowed Billy Pearson to score but the game was over before either team could make any further attempts.

Final score: Dragooooo 4-3 Yellow Submarine

****Winston Gardens vs AC Elites****

Winston Gardens were dominating in the first half with AC Elites falling over themselves to block out the chances but they were able to stop Gardens from scoring any of their 3 chances in the first half. In the second half of the game, Bradley Thomas was the first to score with a goal for Winston Gardens in the 52nd minute. Gardens broke through again in the 66th minute as Sturla Steinsland took a shot from inside the penalty area and scored. AC Elites only managed one attempt at goal in the game which they missed while Winston Gardens had 8 altogether and scored twice.

Final score: Winston Gardens 2-0 AC Elites

****Real Peeps vs Leeds M.O.T***

Real Peeps play their first home game of the season today but suffer from some bad luck in the first half. In the very first minute of the game they had to substitute Bryan Tynan with Jimmy Exton due to Tynan receiving an injury. Despite that first set-back, Real Peeps were first to score thanks to a goal from Dominic Gilli in the 16th minute but it wasn’t long before Marvin Townshend equalised for Leeds in the 25th minute. Both teams were coming off badly from the referee who was card-happy in this game but in the 45th minute Derrick Birch of Real Peeps caught a red card leaving Real Peeps one man down. The second half went more in Leeds’ favour after a fairly even first half, possibly down to Real Peeps being a player down in defence. An injury in the 65th minute saw Leeds switch out José Antonio Alonso for Emilio Largo and just one minute later Zac Woodlands scored for Leeds, putting them ahead for the first time in the game. In the 84th minute Dylan Haag dashed any hopes of Real Peeps equalising by scoring another goal for Leeds.

Final Score: Real Peeps 1-3 Leeds M.O.T

****The Sixty-Fourthers 2-0 Seahawks FC****

Both teams are currently in line for promotion and if things continue as they do, they only really have each other to worry about. The Sixty-Fourthers scored first in a close first half with a goal in the 27th minute scored by Salim Razzazi. Seahawks matched The Sixty-Fourthers for chances but were unable to score. The second half was a lot more favourable for The Sixty-Fourthers who made a further 5 attempts on goal compared to just one from Seahawks but neither team seemed likely to score. After a slew of substitutions mid-way through the second half, The Sixty-Fourthers found some stability and were able to score again in the 86th minute with a goal from Evstathios Panadopolos.

Final Score: The Sixty-Fourthers 2-0 Seahawks FC

Most Important Result: Dragooooo 4-3 Yellow Submarine, with this result Dragooooo can begin to climb out of the relegation zone, moving into 9th from 10th while Yellow Submarine drop from 4th to 6th. Rising Phoenix move into 1st place, overtaking Seahawks who move down to 2nd after losing to The Sixty-Fourthers who remain in 3rd.

Manager of the Round: Fierce LiNk, Dragooooo, Dragooooo kept a cool head despite a few goals being scored against them by Yellow Submarine. It was always going to be a tough game between these two teams but Dragooooo’s tactics kept them comfortably ahead for the whole game.

Best Player: Scott Page, Aqui1a All Stars, Page kept All Stars from losing this round thanks to an equalising goal in the first half of the game, just minutes after their opponents had scored, as well as a well-placed free kick in the last minutes of the game which set up the final goal to secure an away draw against a tough team for All Stars.

N-Euro Middle League Round Five

****Yellow Submarine vs Aqui1a All Stars***

All Stars have done amazingly well so far this season, managing to keep themselves out of trouble by drawing games against The Big Three – Rising Phoenix, The Sixty-Fourthers and Leeds M.O.T but Yellow Submarine give them a real run for their money in this game. After an arduous first half in which they had one player substituted due to injuries, All Stars manage a late goal in the 44th minute thanks to a free kick from Scott Page. All Stars increased their lead early in the 2nd half as Marlon Dujanic gets a goal in the 48th minute. A free kick in the 50th minute starts Yellow Submarine off on a potential comeback, goal scorer was Billy Pearson. In the 59th minute Submarine’s comeback is secured as Alcino Viana gets an equalising goal. Submarine were on a roll now though and managed 2 more goals, scored by Richardo Falcao in the 66th minute and Egun Urtain in the 68th. All Stars didn’t know what hit them but Yellow Submarine weren’t finished yet and Billy Pearson gets a final goal in the 89th minute. Zeke Mölleborg does some damage control in the 93rd minute by scoring another goal for All Stars but Yellow Submarine’s lead was too great. Not sure what happened to their players in the second half but it’s something we could all do with!

Final score: Yellow Submarine 5-3 Aqui1a All Stars

****Leeds M.O.T vs Winston Gardens FC*****

Not a great deal to report on in this uneventful game but it seems that Winston Gardens’ tactics helped diffuse M.O.T’s home advantage. Both team’s defence must’ve been working hard as each team only managed 2 chances. Leeds came off worst from the referee with 3 yellow cards awarded to the team while Winston Gardens got a free pass.

Final score: Leeds M.O.T 0-0 Winston Gardens FC

****Dragooooo vs AC Elites*****

Elites have had a hard time of it this season, only winning one of their games so far yet still placed behind All Stars who have won none! Dragooooo played a bruising game which saw most of their players booked by the end of it, something I’m sure will cause them grief in upcoming games. One of their players was even sent off in the 78th minute! AC Elites had five chances to score in this game, all in the second half, but were unable to follow through. Dragooooo had three chances in the game and managed to score in the 63rd minute with a goal from Danilo Chevantón. Playing to bruise with such a harsh referee may not have been good for the team’s reputation but it may have been the reason for their victory today.

Final score: Dragooooo 1-0 AC Elites

****Seahawks FC vs Rising Phoenix***

Another stalemate today as Seahawks and Rising Phoenix go head to head. Rising Phoenix had the only chance in the first half of the game but it was easily saved by the keeper. The second half saw two attempts on goal from Seahawks and a further chance for Phoenix but neither team were able to score.

Final score: Seahawks 0-0 Rising Phoenix

****Real Peeps vs The Sixty-Fourthers**

The Sixty-Fourthers had a nightmare first half with the referee coming down hard on their every move. An injury in the 8th minute saw Evstathios Panadopolos of The Sixty-Fourthers be replaced by Oliverio Ribeiro and three bookings in the first half staggered the team’s plays, breaking any flow they may have had. As the second half began, Real Peeps brought in a couple of reserves which helped them create some more dangerous chances. They had already made five attempts on goal in the first half but had been nowhere near scoring. In the 66th minute Cletus Blessed scored the first goal of the game for Real Peeps but their celebrations were short-lived as Sirwan Baralla quickly equalised for The Sixty-Fourthers just 3 minutes later. In the 76th minute Zara Hagolahi of The Sixty-Fourthers had to be replaced by Arazh Sorai and Real Peeps took advantage of the weakened defence to get more attempts on goal. In the 89th minute, Don Martland finally scored to total 11 chances on goal for Real Peeps compared to 2 for The Sixty-Fourthers and to win the game for Real Peeps.

Final score: Real Peeps 2-1 The Sixty-Fourthers

Most Important Result: Yellow Submarine 5-3 Aqui1a All Stars, this result moves Yellow Submarine up into 5th after they fell 2 spots last round while All Stars drop to 9th. The only other change this round was for Dragooooo who take All Star’s spot in 8th.

Manager of the Round: Zell, Yellow Submarine, creating 13 chances overall and beating a strong All Stars side, Yellow Submarine stay competitive in a mid-table position.

Best Player: Billy Pearson, Yellow Submarine, Pearson scored the first goal for Submarine from a free kick in the 50th minute which started off their crazy goal-scoring spree! Pearson also scored the final goal for Yellow Submarine in the 89th minute with another free kick. It’s a good thing he was on form today, otherwise Yellow Submarine may not have had that two goal lead.

6 games played, 4 wins and 2 draws. Recall remain undefeated, which is very nice indeed. Got my first match with Haden in a few seasons on Friday, should be a good match.

Drew today 0-0, was a good match indeed. 1 chance each, near-equal possession as well.

You pick any upcoming match and you can pick a statistic about that match for us to guess e.g. total number of chances, possession percentages, result, which team will score first... maybe team ratings? formations used? Could be anything :p

But you had two criteries, I have to decide which applies first?

Classic thumping victory againt Emo! lol

Looking forward to our match to Jimbob. I have put my cousin in charge of admin duties as I am away on holiday at various points during the summer just in case he had to pull the trigger on a new league in my absence I thought I would give him the

POWER!

Is this going to be another typical season for Madpool -lead the way for most of it and crumble near the end? :P

I finally won a game! I'd forgotten what it was like :p Not from an easy opponent either! One point behind Dragmarine so I can't be doing that badly!

6 games played, 4 wins and 2 draws. Recall remain undefeated, which is very nice indeed. Got my first match with Haden in a few seasons on Friday, should be a good match.

Drew today 0-0, was a good match indeed. 1 chance each, near-equal possession as well.

I'd have taken a draw against you before the game. Cancelled each other out it seems, although you did have better posession. Happy with the 5 star management though lol

Small matter of playing vs my bro... on our mum's birthday no less! haha

You could play like Liverpool and just lose most of the time instead?

I'm doing exactly what we did most of the time last season. Boss games, other team has 1 chance and scores. Hit the post 40 times, have 800 shots.

I'm good at this :p

I wish I could say that about my team :( I seriously expect a five match win streak now(Silverdale home and four promotees)

How does spotlight work again?

Did you want me to create a spotlight?

Basically the idea is really to pick a game and say which team will win or draw (scores have no bearing on winning) if two people said draw and it is a draw then you have a second thing for people to pick to make it easier to get a winner.

Like possession for one team or chances created etc.