N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 23: The highlight of the Summer

Haden

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit Eights your squad is terrifying glad I am unlikely to meet it for a few seasons!

Plus 12 change report for me very satisfied virtually all youths went up by 1 bar :grin:

Loving Grant Conden, he is a 19 7 midfielder with all round and intelligence traits he got me 5 goals and 4 assists last season! Which for a youth is not to shabby at all.

Holy shit Eights your squad is terrifying glad I am unlikely to meet it for a few seasons!

Plus 12 change report for me very satisfied virtually all youths went up by 1 bar :grin:

Loving Grant Conden, he is a 19 7 midfielder with all round and intelligence traits he got me 5 goals and 4 assists last season! Which for a youth is not to shabby at all.

How much did he cost you? Or did you start off with him?

How much did he cost you? Or did you start off with him?

He started with him.

My change report is pretty good I suppose. Disappointed that my more experienced midfielders didn't go up a visible level. I was expecting them too. However, all my youth went up apart from Domontovic and even got a double jump from a defender. Wasn't expecting Weymess to go up as he was injured for a long time.

I only play MacAldonich when I really needed him. He's getting punted now I have another 7 forward.

E8fNX.png

He started with him.

Jesus...some of the teams that people have been given since I have started have been insane. Tempted to erase mine and start again.

I'm tempted to sell some of my forward line. Right now, I have four strikers.

Feskens - 30 9

Barculo - 24 8

Chevanton - 24 6

Lowery - 21 5

I'm concerned about this forward line. Dragooooo were top scorers last season, with the majority of the goals coming from midfield. Feskens is fine, he bangs them in for fun. Barculo is young and has an excellent skill level, but he didn't score at all last season. He has scored 8 goals in 59 games altogether, which is just not good enough for me.

Chevanton has scored 16 in 45, but only 1 last season. Lowery has 8 in 32, again only 1 last season. The development worries me, because they don't seem to be gaining in skill level. Both of them have only gone up one skill level in about 3 years.

Barculo worries me a lot. What's the point in having a highly skilled striker if he doesn't score. I feel that I can get a decent price for him, and I can then use that money to bring in new blood.

What do you guys think? Again, we did finish top scorers last season, which is excellent for a first season in the middle league. But, I want this team to move forward, and the attacking line just doesn't inspire me. I was hoping for some visible skill level changes, but nothing.

This season was do or die for my youth. Most of them just couldn't keep consistent form though. I got Timmy Grayson and Don Martland to high enough DV but neither raised, so they're out. Chris Foster had awful form all season and only got to 11 DV and he's just not worth keeping anymore.

97622658.png

Everyone raised and I got no decrease so I should be happy but I'm obviously disappointed with the lack of visible raises (only 6). None of my forwards visibly raised and they were all 13/14. Cletus Blessed was on 16 and didn't raise and Horace Biggins was on 15 and didn't raise. They played most of the games (Blessed played nearly all of them) and kept good form all season, there's no way I could've got them any higher. Unfair.

Still, it gives me something to do before next season starts!

If they didn't raise they will stil have gone up in skill. You're best keeping them for another season and selling when they do go up (if you really want to sell) because they'll be worth more.

I know but as they're still young and low in skill, I can match them with 18/19 year olds with more potential. I'd rather swap a 24-6 for an 18-5 any day. Don Martland is a 21-5 and may well be a 22-6 next season but that's just not good enough. He's slipping behind the curve and I'd rather replace him now.

An 18-5, or even 18-4, is always better than a 21-5 :p

I know but as they're still young and low in skill, I can match them with 18/19 year olds with more potential. I'd rather swap a 24-6 for an 18-5 any day. Don Martland is a 21-5 and may well be a 22-6 next season but that's just not good enough. He's slipping behind the curve and I'd rather replace him now.

An 18-5, or even 18-4, is always better than a 21-5 :p

Totally agree with you, dude.

I've put my two under-performing strikers on the transfer market and have already put in a bid for a new player. I wish there was a way to cancel your bid, because I've just found someone else who I prefer. Aw well.

It's heartening to look at the players you have brought in and seeing their transfer value increased. Two of my midfielders were bought for next to nothing and are worth 3-4 million each.

Is that to De Peeps, or me? Or both?

Both, really.

I didn't actually look at the age of your squad to be fair. If you play him a lot he could double jump, though.

I've got a player this season, Wemyss, who didn't go up but he must be almost there. A 22 6 isn't particularly good but if he even goes up to a 23 7 that is pretty good and if he does get a double jump a 23 8 is brilliant.

Well my experience of raises so far hasn't left me with the greatest of confidence in double jumps. The fact that I've had players on consistently high DV and not even got a single raise out of them across seasons really puts me off relying on a double jump somewhere down the line. Also, it's no good to me a few seasons from now. I'd rather spend that time developing a player with more potential.

Flink, seeing as the cup is coming up (and you'll get no dv from it - or near enough), you should wait and buy your players just before the new season starts. That way you'll have more money and more options :p that's what I'm doing.

Well my experience of raises so far hasn't left me with the greatest of confidence in double jumps. The fact that I've had players on consistently high DV and not even got a single raise out of them across seasons really puts me off relying on a double jump somewhere down the line. Also, it's no good to me a few seasons from now. I'd rather spend that time developing a player with more potential.

Flink, seeing as the cup is coming up (and you'll get no dv from it - or near enough), you should wait and buy your players just before the new season starts. That way you'll have more money and more options :p that's what I'm doing.

It's too facking late now, Holmes! I've put the offer in. :heh:

It will still help with teamwork values though, yes? At least that was what I was told. Also, if I buy a player today or tonight, or whenever, won't it effectively be the same as buying a player a day before the season starts?

I suppose it would help with teamwork values. I only suggested waiting because it'll allow you to accumulate more funds, giving you more options with your purchases. You get 1m sponsor bonus each week and the cup will go on long enough for you to add 3m to whatever you've got already.

Of course, if you can already afford the player you want then there's no reason not to go for them.

I'm hoping for a decent midfield youth but if I don't get one I'll have to buy one as well as a new youth forward. So I guess I'm more reliant on econ!

I suppose it would help with teamwork values. I only suggested waiting because it'll allow you to accumulate more funds, giving you more options with your purchases. You get 1m sponsor bonus each week and the cup will go on long enough for you to add 3m to whatever you've got already.

Of course, if you can already afford the player you want then there's no reason not to go for them.

I'm hoping for a decent midfield youth but if I don't get one I'll have to buy one as well as a new youth forward. So I guess I'm more reliant on econ!

Good point, I've already got about 2 and a half million econ. I may spend some future monies on a defender, but I may stick with just this lot. Trying to keep the squad number down. Don't really want to spend more than 2 million on a striker, especially as they'll be a youth. I suppose there is the option of spending it on a more experienced player.

I can see this next season being all about DV and staying up. We've stayed up, so we know that we can do it. Don't see why we can't do it again. Very happy with my midfield. Goalkeeping position is sorted, with my 21 6 (22 7 after change report) keeper becoming club number one. Just need to improve DVs for defenders and bring in a good striker, and we're good to go.

How are the cup invites going btw?

I haven't got mine from DuD but I am not to worried because it is just a friendly, my cousin told me Fedex hasn't sent him one, Nick if you could give a passing word when you are done polishing your brand new cup :D

Looking at my squad and tbh I don't think I am going to change anything, they really worked well together last season, I think next season a couple of changes will be made but for now my youths are doing well and I cannot afford to get rid of any veterans if I want any chance of surviving next season.

Edited by Haden

How are the cup invites going btw? Nick if you could give a passing word when you are done polishing your brand new cup :D

I'm still waiting for Gaggle to accept for our friendly. Co-op is apparently still awaiting an invite from Winston and I've just told Fedex he needs to send RP and invite so hopefully he'll do it soon!

Great thanks very much Nikos!

As per usual if someone doesn't invite you or accept your invitation post about it so I know who to give a bye to, although usually you guys are very good at making matches happen :)

Change Report highlight : My young midfielder double jumping. Lowlight : Caskey and Morrow will be playing for 1 more season. Morrow will be a big loss as he's only 32 with 11 skill :sad:

I'm still waiting for my opponent to accept the invite for the cup.

Would anyone object to me reporting on the elite league next season? I'd prefer to report on the league I'm in to keep my interest in doing them :p

I would welcome it! :D

By the way, does anyone fancy a friendly today...looks like Gaggle isn't going to accept my challenge so invite away! I'll be checking fairly regularly this morning so will be able accept it pretty quickly!

Scrap that, Gaggle's just accepted my challenge now!

I would welcome it! :D

By the way, does anyone fancy a friendly today...looks like Gaggle isn't going to accept my challenge so invite away! I'll be checking fairly regularly this morning so will be able accept it pretty quickly!

Scrap that, Gaggle's just accepted my challenge now!

:weep:

Just invited you wanted to recreate this

Don't accept though because it will screw up next round! Although knowing my luck it will be me vs you next :(