NEurope
MicroLovePony

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 3DS

Thanks for posting some more info!

This looks pretty good to me.

The video looks very nice - no frame rate drops and seems to run really nicely indeed!

Might be worth a look at for me possibly as I loved the Wii U version so am interested in this one!

The guy playing also looks pretty skilled which is good. There's nothing worse than a YouTube vid of someone trying to show a game off they can't play for shit! :grin:

Direct feed footage:

Framerate looks ok, but there's an odd chugging effect, especially noticeable on the Space Harrier track. Hope that isn't impacted further by switching 3D on (I'm one of the few who plays with it on full almost always!). Might pick this up if it gets down to £15.

Thanks @Lens of Truth

I am the same, I tend to always have the 3d effect on too. I think this looks like it holds up well compared to the console versions, better than I expected anyway.

I'm not sure I see myself paying full price for it, but I definitely am interested if it goes to £20.

We'll have to get Locky on the case! :heh:

It's funny, but seeing the diddy 3DS (and Vita) versions on youtube made me realise just how much I love this game :love::laughing:

does anyone know which modes are in the world tour on this?

Have they kept the non race events in or is it just races on the 3DS?

Don't suppose the 3DS version has online does it?

Wasn't sure myself. Just checked the eShop though.

S_ASRT.jpg

Looks like it does!

I'm impressed that they didn't have to dumb down the tracks but at what cost? The game looks really bad, similar to Diddy Kong Racing DS, and I haven't seen water that bad since GTA 3 on PS2.

My game would of turned up today but I think I am going to return it for a refund.

I'm impressed that they didn't have to dumb down the tracks but at what cost? The game looks really bad, similar to Diddy Kong Racing DS, and I haven't seen water that bad since GTA 3 on PS2.

Yeah, I'm not convinced that this was the best they could do. The warping effect just looks sloppy and the whole thing looks unfinished and cheap.

A real shame considering how good the Wii port of the first game was. I expected something that was at least on par with that, not something that would pass as a decent looking DS game.

Yeah, I'm not convinced that this was the best they could do. The warping effect just looks sloppy and the whole thing looks unfinished and cheap.

A real shame considering how good the Wii port of the first game was. I expected something that was at least on par with that, not something that would pass as a decent looking DS game.

plus its had a delay so what has Sumo been doing?

Shame as really wanted this on my 3DS.

plus its had a delay so what has Sumo been doing?

Probably making LittleBigPlanet 3!

I had my eye on the 3DS version of this because of how good the Wii U version was. Unfortunately it looks like they've cut a lot back to make it work on the 3DS. I wonder if there'll be a demo on the eShop.

Well picked it up anyway. I think they did a decent job downscaling to the 3DS, however I do find it hard to see sometimes. I did have that problem with the Wii U version as well though so it might be me. Obviously the game won't have the same special effects as the console(/Vita?) verions. The controls when you change into the plane mess up a bit and I usually end up crashing. This was picked up the OMN review so it wasn't just me.

The game does still include the challenge races from the console version, I've at least had the boost stage, 1v1 and time trial races which I was bit worried they would cut out.

I haven't noticed any framerate issues yet, only played single player though.

Do I recommend it to people who have played the console version? Probably not. I'd say wait until it drops to £10. The Wii U version does have off screen play so your probably better off using that.

The console version Christmas unlockable was available to me straight away and my code for the limited edition content doesn't work. :( It does have functionality for DLC so I guess the 3DS version will also get new characters once they actually decide to release the new ones (who won that voting contest anyway?) and not just have it to get money off people for Metal Sonic.

Well picked it up anyway. I think they did a decent job downscaling to the 3DS, however I do find it hard to see sometimes. I did have that problem with the Wii U version as well though so it might be me. Obviously the game won't have the same special effects as the console(/Vita?) verions. The controls when you change into the plane mess up a bit and I usually end up crashing. This was picked up the OMN review so it wasn't just me.

The game does still include the challenge races from the console version, I've at least had the boost stage, 1v1 and time trial races which I was bit worried they would cut out.

I haven't noticed any framerate issues yet, only played single player though.

Do I recommend it to people who have played the console version? Probably not. I'd say wait until it drops to £10. The Wii U version does have off screen play so your probably better off using that.

The console version Christmas unlockable was available to me straight away and my code for the limited edition content doesn't work. :( It does have functionality for DLC so I guess the 3DS version will also get new characters once they actually decide to release the new ones (who won that voting contest anyway?) and not just have it to get money off people for Metal Sonic.

How challenging is it dude?

graphics?

Challenge/difficulty is the same as the console versions. So pretty challenging. I failed some early challenges which I also did on the Wii U version.

Graphics are good, if a bit blurry at times. Think the stages are bit too busy for the smaller screen as it's sometimes hard to make out obstacles and the boost pads are hard to see sometimes. It's not like Mario Kart 7 which is a cleaner and easy to see.

Thanks for posting your opinion, this will probably be one for my general 3DS collection down the line. Although at a lower price.

Did you get this from the eShop?

Nah, had it preordered on Amazon for ages.

Noticed some slowdown, mostly it's during the load/save screen and at the start of the race right after the countdown.

Thanks for posting your impressions Ike.

Seems to be one to look out for when it goes down in price slightly.

I expected slightly more given that it was delayed from the console versions. Or at least a total change from the home consoles? Just something other than a straight port that was never gonna live up to the heights of the 'main' game.

Still, it's a solid racer and a good MK alternative so I may look into it with a cheeky price drop!