NEurope
Mokong

Fringe (TV Show)

when is it on Sky? i don't want to miss this again, i missed the start of season 4

I've been rewatching this lately on DVD, i'd forgotten how good it was why does stuff like this get canned or teeter on the edge when shite like x-factor and jersey umpalumpa survives

I actually haven't seen any mention of it on Sky adverts?

According to this site

Sky One will be a few weeks behind staring on Oct 24th

Season 5 Ep 2

Well damnit, was hoping we'd see Henry Cusick again this season...didn't expect it would be like that.

Prolly won't see him again unless it in a flashback I guess :(

With all the people in makeup living in a forest, this felt like an episode of Stargate.

Does anyone know if this

Observer future

is the whole of the last season? Because if it is, I really can't be bothered with this season.

Well, since I don't see them wrapping up this storyline and starting a new one in just thirteen episodes, I would assume that this is it.

I haven't really been feeling this season so far. There's been too much focus on the plan and the tapes and I'm still waiting for something interesting to happen.

But I have faith!

Well after the slight downturn that was ep 3, ep 4 of season 5 was....just....DAMN.... you know what I mean if you saw it

At the start of the ep I was thinking "surely they can't seriously base them in the lab all the time and not have the observers find them"

Then they actually went and answered this and came up with a decent way to trick the observers and allow them to continue using the lab.

Though Walters little hidden underground "museum" of Fringe events was awesome. Loved how he said "we've solved fringe cases long enough...time we made a few of our own"

Would like to see some more throwbacks to older eps....maybe we just might see the alt-universe again :D

Also how he tasted that ...erm....thing *shudder*

Also great that we saw Philip return to the show, been wondering when he'd appear this season. And great to see he's playing double agent too.

But the ending....damnit... that was a shocker to say the least. Didn't expect that to happen..... at least not this early in the season :cry: :cry: :cry:

So sad :(:cry:

One thing I don't quite get though about this season....

In previous seasons the Observers were shown to be able to live outside of time and appeared at "important events" they also seemed to be able to look at/expereince "all possible futures" so how come they aren't able to use this ability to find Peter and crew? How did they not see these events coming if they already have foreknowledge of events and are able to exist outside time and see events play out in all possible ways?

For that matter I still don't get why the obversers felt any need to "invade" the past and in particular that point in time. Maybe I guess they are unable to exist outside of time forever but still why the year they choose? And again why didn't they see the resistance and current events as shown in the show happening before they happened?

Also we better get an answer to how did Bell know how to trap September at the end of last season....and surely both Bell and September will make an appearance or two this season

I think the Observers chose the time period they did because it would have been really hard to do Fringe episodes about them invading in the 1970s/2070s.

Broyles meeting up with the Fringe team shortly after Peter is read by an Observer just seems foolish. :p

And I loved how Etta suddenly revealed that she can teach other people how to avoid being read by Observers. And she's like, "I'm planning to teach all of you." Erm, when? With all this sitting around waiting for Astrid and Walter to dig tapes out of amber, you'd think she would already have started!

Welp, no tape this week.

And Pacey's lost his mind, so that's no good.

As for their plan in this episode, it seems kind of silly to try to sabotage things in the future and be all, "it'll take them years to recover!" when it doesn't matter how long it takes for them to recover from our perspective. Just take a few years to recover and open up the wormhole again and it'll be like nothing happened.

Fringe will end on January 18th with its 100th episode, by the way.

Welp, no tape this week.

And Pacey's lost his mind, so that's no good.

As for their plan in this episode, it seems kind of silly to try to sabotage things in the future and be all, "it'll take them years to recover!" when it doesn't matter how long it takes for them to recover from our perspective. Just take a few years to recover and open up the wormhole again and it'll be like nothing happened.

Fringe will end on January 18th with its 100th episode, by the way.

Yeah I was thinking the same when the portal opened back up after Peter "crippled" their operation....though if you use the same logic why after the "attack" on teh future didn't the observers there send a message back to before Peter did what he did and give the "present" observers some heads up :heh:

Very interested though to see the next ep and see if Peter becomes an Observer...at the end when he was looking in the mirror I was waiting for him to put his hand on his head and for his hair to fall off, haha.

Wondering though....and this is a very long shot...what if Peter beomes September? Might explian a bit why September always seemed different from other observers?

I've always assumed that the Observers look the way they do because that's what humans eventually evolved to become, not that they don't have any hair anywhere because of tech.

I've seen some female fans who definitely don't want Peter to lose his hair, anyway. :p

I've always assumed that the Observers look the way they do because that's what humans eventually evolved to become, not that they don't have any hair anywhere because of tech.

I've seen some female fans who definitely don't want Peter to lose his hair, anyway. :p

I assumed that too but I was still waiting for it to happen...hell it still might...maybe the tech will make Peter evolve...like a Rare candy or Sun stone :heh:

Well, in that case...

The best part of the episode was when the fringe team had to put on a show for the Observers and Astrid managed to snatch the female lead role from Olivia.

And then they had to free the cow from the amber because they needed her to play a horse in the show. But the show was in less than one hour!

I was on the edge of my seat!

Yes, Walter - go out on your own! BECAUSE THAT ALWAYS ENDS SO WELL.

I saw someone predict that Walter would go back to his old self way back when they aired the future episode last season, so they must be feeling pretty proud of themselves right now!

I felt sorry for the guy in the pocket universe. He was only there so Walter would get a chance to explain how time flowed differently and to really make it clear that Walter was changing. He didn't stand a chance. :sad:

Yes, Walter - go out on your own! BECAUSE THAT ALWAYS ENDS SO WELL.

I saw someone predict that Walter would go back to his old self way back when they aired the future episode last season, so they must be feeling pretty proud of themselves right now!

I felt sorry for the guy in the pocket universe. He was only there so Walter would get a chance to explain how time flowed differently and to really make it clear that Walter was changing. He didn't stand a chance. :sad:

Sure did you not expect that to happen yourself? The way he changed expressions in ep 19 last season when they put the missing part of his brain back in I've been wondering this season so far why is he still acting like he normally does..... though I guess I put it down to the Observer frying his brain.

Anyway enjoyed the ep, but like you felt sorry for the random guy in the pocket universe. But wasn't there someone else in there? The guy Walter saw before Cecil appeared.... that was a different guy yeah? But we saw nothing of him again?

Was good to see Peter slowly changing...when he fought the Observer at the end did any one get a "Neo" vibe from him, haha

I hate time paradoxes like the ones you point out. I have also been wondering about those things and it just doesn't make any aense.

Observers can catch bullets but not if they are too fast. Well, the Observer Peter hit when he got some gas didn't see that coming! Seriously?

The Observers didn't know about the Resistance? Well. It must be VERY secret. Damnit.

I've just caught up on this show. Started with Season 1 a little more than a month ago and just watched the latest episode today. I like the series but I feel that it got out of hand in Season 4 and then shifted completely in Season 5. I kinda like this new story as I was grown weary to the CIS meets X-files (I don't like CIS-ish series much). But the end of Season 4 was very farfetched.

Olivia and Peter were lucky to land on a soft container on that ship, eh?

I'm glad that the series ending soon, even though I have enjoyed it for the most part.

So apparently it is the tech that makes the Observers bald for some reason? That's pretty silly. I feel like the more we learn about the Observers, the lamer they get. I was actually relieved when no Observers showed up at Bell's little hidey-hole. Not because I was worried about the fringe team, but because the Observers are so easy to take care of, they become less and less of a credible threat every time they face the fringe team.

Even that random woman on the street didn't fear the Observers. She just sarcastically said "excuse me!" and wasn't worried they'd fry her brain just because they can.

I think Nina Sharp's hair actually looks better in the future. Only on television do people's hair get better as they get older!

So apparently it is the tech that makes the Observers bald for some reason? That's pretty silly. I feel like the more we learn about the Observers, the lamer they get. I was actually relieved when no Observers showed up at Bell's little hidey-hole. Not because I was worried about the fringe team, but because the Observers are so easy to take care of, they become less and less of a credible threat every time they face the fringe team.

Even that random woman on the street didn't fear the Observers. She just sarcastically said "excuse me!" and wasn't worried they'd fry her brain just because they can.

I think Nina Sharp's hair actually looks better in the future. Only on television do people's hair get better as they get older!

Some thoughts about the latest episode:

So maybe Peter is September eh?

The plot is taking forever to unfold this season and feels like they are going to end up ramming almost everything far too quickly into the last couple of episodes.

Also how slow is Olivia being this season? I want her to bring the power back and teach people to stop being so shit!

Olivia's been a guest on The Bishop and Bishop Show this season. I assume she'll make up for her uselessness so far this season at some point, or they may as well have left her encased in amber.

Some thoughts about the latest episode:

So maybe Peter is September eh?

I just want it clear that I said it First :wink:

Wondering though....and this is a very long shot...what if Peter beomes September? Might explian a bit why September always seemed different from other observers?

Anyway on ep 7

I enjoyed it, awesome seeing Peter slowly becoming an Observer, loving how he is taking on some of their manerisms too....it kinda scary in a way.

I'm actually starting to wonder now if maybe when the show ends it won't be with a happy ending.

The convo between Walter and Nina on how Walter too was changing and how Walter thought Peter would save him from becoming the man he once was again. But with Peter going off the deep end too that may not happen. I expect the more "Observer" Peter becomes the less he will care about emotions (although may hold on to his revenge emotion till the end but all others such as love for Oliva and Walter will go out the window) and as a result care less about Walters wellbeing.

What if somehow with Peter becoming an Observer and Walter becoming "the man he once was again" if somehow Walter does something which not only gets rid of the Observers in the "present" but also starts the begining of Observer evolution?

Will create a hell of a paradox but hey it's not like they haven't done that already :heh:

So you guys aren't feeling this season?

I can certainly understand how you feel the episodes haven't had the same feeling as before, but i have a theory/observation on the formatting for this season

This season is Fringe's swan song, its grand finale and unlike previous seasons the story arc is the main focus of each episode, its not a self contained episode with bits of a story arch. Now the other day i watched every episode to date in one go and individually they were off, not the usual fringe, but over the course of the 4/5hours it felt like one long fringe episode, and therein i believe is the thing, i think the entire series is effectively a huge mini series/episode!

So events that might normally have taken place over an episode or half of an episode have been extrapolated into their own! kind of like how a book turned into a film looses some of the original plot, this is like a peter jackson does fringe, nothing is left out

does all that rambling make sense? i know what i want to say but can't think how to put it into words.

Either way i am loving Fringe, its one of if not the best sci-fi to grace the airways in a long time

Had forgotten this came back, just caught up with eps 8, 9 and 10 :D

End of ep 8, surprised Peter "de-observered" himself, thought they'd let it run a bit long (or to the end of the season). Ending that story now I'm not sure what the point of it was as nothing major came form it other than his bombing of a few Observers.

Ep 9 I enjoyed, mainly cause of Walter tripping on acid :D plus got to get some real good insight into his previous "self" too. The cartoon acid trip bit was so AWESOME.

I had wondered with them only getting 13 eps for this season if they'd still do a "wtf is going on " type ep that they usually did with the 19th ep of previous seasons. Looks like they picked number 9 this season to do that :D Oh and they finally made mention of Sam Weiss...shame they killed him too :(

Ep 10....NINA NNNNOOOOO

:cry:

But from the end looks like they are gonna start really putting the plan together, next ep should really start picking up steam. With Etta and now Nina dead I have a feeling Broyles will die in the next ep or in ep 12.

I hope before the end of it they at least give a glimpse of the Alt Universe and show if an Observer invasion happened there too.

I got a feeling though that at the very end whatever it is they do to defeat the Observers will actually change the past or something so the Observers never invade (or erase Obversers from time) and everyone who died this season (Etta, Nina, maybe Broyles if he dies...and Sam Weiss) will be alive again.

Also I got a feeling "Michael" grows up to be September :heh: