NEurope
Mokong

Fringe (TV Show)

Well, we already knew that Bell was coming from Episode 19. The action scene with Tardis was great, but we saw Atari in episode 19 so she likely survives.

But... as with all future episodes of Fringe, they are "possible futures". Anything could happen, and they could explain it away with that one sentence.

;)

Of course, that would make episode 19 a complete waste of time. :indeed:

Err and what about standalone episodes? Brown Betty? One could argue they're a waste of time...

It wouldn't make it a waste of time at all.

Yes, one could argue that filler episodes - especially ones where nothing in the episode is actually real - are a waste of time.

One could argue that indeed.

Speaking of filler episodes, I've only recently gotten into this show but was thoroughly confused when...

...Olivia started nonchalantly chatting with Charlie at his desk. I spent the rest of the episode waiting for this weirdness to be addressed, suspecting the situation might be along the lines of Dawn's from Buffy. Then the credits rolled.

After some cautious Googling it seems they simply dumped an unused episode from the first season into the second without so much as a disclaimer. Not quite the mystery I was hoping for.

Speaking of filler episodes, I've only recently gotten into this show but was thoroughly confused when...

...Olivia started nonchalantly chatting with Charlie at his desk. I spent the rest of the episode waiting for this weirdness to be addressed, suspecting the situation might be along the lines of Dawn's from Buffy. Then the credits rolled.

After some cautious Googling it seems they simply dumped an unused episode from the first season into the second without so much as a disclaimer. Not quite the mystery I was hoping for.

Well it was a "lost" episode from season 1. On the DVD's it's an extra for season 2. But yeah the broadcasters seem to just dump it where ever without any regard for the story.

Sky showed that episode before season 2 started, and specifically said that it was a season 1 episode.

Maaaaaaaaybe.

Yeah it's in the list of shows I need to watch. Once I watch an episode I'll be back into it and it'll be my main thing again :p

I hope they release both endings to season 4 on DVD.

Maaaaaaaaybe.

Deeeeeeeeefinitely.

I used to leave Fringe for weeks at a time during the first couple of seasons, too. And then I'd watch an episode, think "hey, how come I've been waiting so long to watch this?" and catch up over the next few days.

And then I'd leave it for weeks again.

I hope they release both endings to season 4 on DVD.

I think it'll be on the Season 5 DVD.

I think it'll be on the Season 5 DVD.

Yeah I did wonder whether they'd do that. Either way I hope we get to see both.

I'm wondering whether they'll simply use that pig brain, cotexiphan cake healing thing on Astrid?

Edited by somme

I like how no one has anything to say about the season finale. I thought it was pretty anticlimactic, too. :p

I thought the same. The ending two episodes ago (closing the gate) was much, much more emotional.

Still, they've explained Olivia's death and what "Belly did to her". Could the image that Olivia saw lase season (I think it's this man) be a younger-looking Walter? Or is this still to come (or have they scrapped it)?

Mr X is actually William Bell, and is relating to how he sort of caused his death - the X that marks the nanites is William Bell's sign, hence the X. Sounds rather lame.

I guess from "They are coming" meaning that the next season will be around the Observers...does that mean the second universe is actually finished with?

I'm guessing the final episode will be a continuation of the future timeline, like Dollhouse.

Edit: And for such a intelligent man, William Bell seems to have completely forgotten about genetic diversity.

Edited by Cube

Edit: And for such a intelligent man, William Bell seems to have completely forgotten about genetic diversity.

I also loved how he called an ambulance for Astrid, even though he was planning on collapsing the universes a few hours later.

You kill one person, it's murder. You kill EVERY PERSON IN THE WORLD (times two!), it's a statistic. :heh:

I'm really hoping the other universe will be key to stopping the Observers, so there's some sort of pay-off to that storyline.

Well they were never going to outdo last years were they? lol

I was quite happy with how the "other universe" story tied up. In the grand scheme of things the war between universes was never meant to happen anyway. They said their goodbyes, if they bring them back I hope it's for a good reason.

At least I was right about eh cortexiphan cake being used for something. :P

And I'm wondering whether they'll skip to 2015 next season?

Well I enjoyed it even though it wasn't as epic as hoped for.

Though last years did spoil us a bit I guess.

Though with the return of Bell as the bad guy I suddenly have become worried that the ending of season 3/start of season 4 was done cause they just ran out of ideas and wanted to reboot the story :heh:

I always thought they had a plan all the way, but with Bell suddenly become a lunitic super villian which he never was before it is starting to feel a little pulled out of the ass :heh:

I actually thought the "healing" thing would be used to save Astrid and when Oliva was shot I had forgotten bout the healing lemon till Walter started taking the bullet out.

Though I did see it coming that the only way to stop Bell would be for Olivia to die I was expecting it would go the way of Olivia asking Peter to do it... but BAM, Walter just shots her between the eyes, haha. Also makes for two season finales in a row now she's been shot and by Walter, haha.

But yeah the whole thing with the end of season 3 and Peter is starting to bug me. As I had expected them to somehow "reset" things back to the "original" timeline, like with Peter using the machine again. Now they are just using it as an excuse to disregard almost everything we knew about the first 3 seasons and tossing it all out the door.

If we are to stay in this "timeline" I'd like to see if they could explain what Fringe division was up to in the season 1 - 3 version of this new timeline. How did they find the machine? How did it work without Peter? Did Bell in this timeline also go hide in the other universe?

Maybe I just have to rewatch all the seasons (which I plan to do in the summer) and maybe I'll see things that fit together then?

Oh I did like too that they explained how September got shot... hopefully they'll also explain how Bell knew how to trap him. Even though it wasn't part of his explanation I still think Bells plan of creating a new universe was actually to stop the Observer invasion in his own way. How he would know I don't know but if he did know about it, it would explain how he would know how to trap an Observer.

Also the September that appeared to Walter at the end... was that September before he was shot or after he was shot? As I'd been wondering what the others did to him after the they took him from Walters lab and healing him and letting him go I didn't expect to be an option :heh:

Well looking forward to season 5 anyway and hoping it all wraps up well and hopefully the complete series bluray boxset will include the alternate season 4 finale for if it was cancelled as it would be nice to see what their back up plan was and how it would compare to the actual ending when season 5 ends

Also wondering if more ex-Lost cast will make cameos :D

Terry O'Quinn should appear as the Observer leader, haha

Edited by Mokong

I, as I know you do, think the world of John Noble. For years he’s be an outstanding ambassador for your show. But he did tell us a few weeks ago that something a little bit extra or different had been shot in case this was the series finale. I know you rebuffed that idea when I asked you about it last week, but can you then clarify what John might have been speaking about?

I think we’re talking about two different things. These guys [on our cast] are doing their best given what they know, since traditionally we’re very secretive. We had talked about a couple of ideas, Jeff and I – “Well, maybe we could take it this way, or take it another way” — but we still wanted to be true to the main idea. So there was a thought there that maybe we should do a whole different thing if we get picked up or if we don’t. We felt, ultimately, that we weren’t going to film anything that we thought would be completely different. We talked about it, and there was something shot that we used in a different context that nobody could have possibly imagined. So that’s where the confusion lies with John. We just basically said, “Know what? We found a way to cover both angles, and we’re OK with it.”

Here's the source.

I just thought that they would not have the last scene.

Season 5 short promo :D

Was just rewatching the end of season 3 yesterday from ep 19 to the end and something hit me.

Sam Weiss made no appearence in Season 4? Wonder what happened to him in this new timeline.

In season 3 Nina said that William Bell put her in contact with Weiss originally.... would that have happened in the new timeline as I don't think Bell even "hid" in the alt Universe in this timeline like he did in Seasons 1 & 2.

Also I never thought bout it till now I prolly should have and I'm sure some of ye may have..... but if Peter was erased how did they use the machine to make the bridge?

Where did the machine even come from now?

In the last ep of season 3 in Peters vision of 2021 Walter used a wormhole that went back in time 250million years to send the parts of the machine back.... for one if Peter didn't "make a different choice" and this event repeated who made the machine? Walter sends it back in time, it is found in the "present" and then sent back in time again in 2021....at what point was it MADE :heh:

Further to Peter then making a different choice, the events he saw in his vision of 2021 wouldn't have happened and the Wormhole wouldn't have opened as the Universe was no longer collapsing.

And again if in the new timeline Peter inadvertidly created and erased himself from there was no mention of how they found and used the machine. Gah I hate when TV/films mess with time :heh:

Gah, ah well will move on to my rewatching of season 4 before season 5 starts

So anyone else watch the first ep of season 5 yet.

Still not quite sure what to make of it myself.

It was good ep yes, but where they took the story, not sure about it yet....will have to see how the rest of the season goes I guess.

I'm also not so sure. It was good but I hope this isn't the whole season.