NEurope
ReZourceman

Titanic 3D, Free novelty glasses and bath toy

Titanic has just been re-released at the cinema. It is now in 3-D too!

titanic.jpg

Of course, I have seen Titanic quite a few times now. I cannot recall the last time that I properly, properly watched it from start to finish. I half watched it about a month or two ago when it was on recently. Wasn't paying too much attention. I do think its been a good few years though.

Anyway, I was like....10 when it came out at the cinema and naturally had no urge to see it back then. My sister saw it four times at the cinema.

So I went to see it last night. At the Showcase cinema in Bristol, which was a really nice cinema. Although for some reason we purchased 3D glasses, we went off, my sister mistakenly passed the 3D glasses vouchers to the ticket checker, he handed them back, we got all the way to the screen and were like "Oh,....we don't get them here?" and it turns out you get them at the front desk. Where we bought them. So I'm confused why we got a voucher....but more confused that they didn't give them to us then, and yet further confused why the attendant didn't point it out.

*P.S. Retro/Etc my sis lives in Fishponds*

Anyway. I'd have had my own but it was a spur-of-the-moment decision.

Anyway...started like three sentences with anyway. First of all, as a general/mild hater/disliker of 3D, the 3D was alright slash fairly good. Considering it was post production (obviously) I think they did quite a good job, and it wasn't too in your face, it added a nice amount of depth to some quite/mildly spectacular shots of the ship etc. I've seen some negative comments about the 3D, and it makes me wonder quite what they were expecting. It would have been quite gratiuitious (don't know spelling) if it was all about the "action" or tense/high drama scenes to have all been about bits of the Titanic falling on you, the audience etc. But...anyway. It was fairly okay.

More importantly, I don't think its out on Blu-Ray yet, and regardless, this is the first time Titanic has been shown on a big screen and in digital format. It looked really stunning. All of it looked fantastic.

I believe that it took until this time in my life, or rather this age for me to fully fully appreciate the movie. With full concentration on it, I understood thoroughly a bit more of it, and some of the themes (that are painstakingly obvious, I'm not saying I picked up on under currents...lol) but it is very touching.

It is very emotional, and I found it to be pretty god damn enjoyable surprisingly. A pretty good love story, told in this unique and devastating setting. Yeah. Actually think its a pretty fucking great movie, with a lot of great acting.

I'm going tonight with the girl.

The big question is; how does she look in that scene in 3D?

Titanic is a film I enjoyed quite a bit when it was originally released so ended up going to see it in 3D at the weekend.

It was good to see it again but I didn't really feel like the 3D added anything to the experience. If there is anyone who hasn't seen it before, I'd definitely say it's worth checking out :smile:

I'm going tonight with the girl.

The big question is; how does she look in that scene in 3D?

Mwooouaaah. Tres bien. Les magnifique. Bonier induciere,

I went to see it in the Cinema the first time round... must have been, what?... 13/14 maybe?... I dunno... anyway the film was a BIG deal!!

A group of us went to see it at the Odean (which has now closed down), and one of the most talked about films of all time didn't get off to the best of starts when the person in the projector room... or whatever goes on up there... had placed a cup or something infront of it, meaning half the screen had a shadow across it.

After much yelling from the audience... this soon got removed!

I Enjoyed the film! Of course the group of us that went to see it all immediately fell in love with Kate Winslet!! She was so gorgeous in this!

And of course, Naked-gate and Car-gate... are two scenes that will be forever live on!

(Another classic [unintentionally comical] scene would be the guy who bounces off the propellor! *ouch*)

Won't get round to seeing it in the cinema this time round, but they seem to have done a great job of updating this film because it looks really good in the adverts, so will have to get round to watching it in HD at some point.

I will be missing out on this. James Cameron may not have any more of my money.

Oh and I don't really like the film. :)

I'm having a Titanic party on April 14th. Anniversary special!

I remember when did first came out.... I went to see it with my g/f at the time.... she made me go.... I didn't get any after the film :mad:

Think the wife wants to see it in 3D... least I know I can get some when we get home (sooner or later :heh:)

I was dragged along to this in the cinema when it came out in 1997, so I guess I was 7. I fell asleep near the end because that's what 7 year-olds do when it gets late; the other dude (Cal) scared me, but the iceberg scared me too. I can't watch disaster movies :(

It would be kind of fun to watch this in 3D, but I've already watched it a few times on VCD after '97, so not overly interested. Also, see #5 for laughs :)