Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

GAME Group what next?

flameboy

Exactly - it's for people already invested in the product. Thus, it's a complete failure of a store design. Apple excel in making people want their products through other means.

No it isn't, while it might scare you to many uninvested casuals it looks arty, cool and modern. They've got their own selling USP which certainly helps bolster their 'cool' image. Personally though I don't like the stores.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to my local Grainger Games for the first time since Gamestation closed down and it was packed, never seen it so busy outside of Christmas.

That's great news...heard it's the same deal with indies around the country our indie store here shut down a long time ago unfortunately its now a gym :indeed:

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the bump, some related news expected later today.

Its is being reported that OnCaptia have failed in their bid to revive Comet Group and are planning to announce it is to be placed into administration later today. OnCaptia purchased Comet less than 12 months ago and is the company which rescued GAME earlier this year.

I've had some pretty bad service from Comet over the years, that + them being pretty expensive it isn't exactly a surprise that they're in this position. Do feel sorry for some of the staff though.

I agree. The staff are the only people to feel sorry for, must be horrible to have this looming just before Christmas.

Comet is just another company that hasn't adjusted to the online market. GAME's had a patch, HMV has been in one for years. Unlike the other two, Comet don't really have the 'piracy is killing us' to fall back on, you can't exactly pirate your white appliances.

I agree. The staff are the only people to feel sorry for, must be horrible to have this looming just before Christmas.

Comet is just another company that hasn't adjusted to the online market. GAME's had a patch, HMV has been in one for years. Unlike the other two, Comet don't really have the 'piracy is killing us' to fall back on, you can't exactly pirate your white appliances.

But they do have the supermarkets who have muscled in on selling a lot of that similar goods. Also people do shop online for these things, go look in the likes of Comet and then buy it way cheaper. Comet are basically acting as a showroom for other companies. I hope OnCaptia are just realising that there is no point in putting more money into a turd rather than actually having no money.

On another note a lot of the reasons people cited for GAME's demise can also be leveled at EB Games/Gamestop over here had some fucking appalling experiences in them.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!