NEurope
canand

Nintendo of Europe Opens Twitter Accounts

Follow your local Nintendo brand today, Mac!

Nintendo of Europe has recently opened several Twitter accounts for their international and local purposes. This was revealed through their latest Nintendo of Europe newsletter.

Source http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29297

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/NintenDaan/noe-accounts

Edited by canand

Those were fake, these however are real as I got the newsletter as well. Hope they don't just use the account as a news feed and interact with the fans, but I doubt it.

So something else for NE to do apart from localise games at a decent speed?

So something else for NE to do apart from localise games at a decent speed?

Because the marketing people, who will be randomly picking bullet points from their press releases and posting them on Twitter, are likely the the same people as the translators?

Because the marketing people, who will be randomly picking bullet points from their press releases and posting them on Twitter, are likely the the same people as the translators?

Haha :-) I was only being silly really.

Nintendo's marketing department (for the UK particularly) have been excellent over the past, what? 10 years.

All joking aside though, the localisation team still need a bit of a boot up the arse and I can't help but take a bit of a dig at them.

Haha :-) I was only being silly really.

I thought as much, but couldn't resist. ;)

All joking aside though, the localisation team still need a bit of a boot up the arse and I can't help but take a bit of a dig at them.

How about helping out then? Nintendo of Europe is currently looking for a couple of translators:

noetranslatorjobs.png

;)

Nintendo is always looking for translators. Just can't get enough!

Anyway Nintendo has opened NintendoUK and NintendoEurope. Will be interesting to see if these will actually be used differently.

Yeah, which ones the legit one. Didn't they have a facebook page opened not long ago with not a lot of people following?

If this is true, I know where I'm gunning for after I finish my course.

If Nintendo need anyone to translate bullshit to English or English to bullshit, I'm their man.

Cool to see they're looking for more Portuguese translators.

Nintendogs+Cats, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7... That's just the beginning, I see.

Anyway Nintendo has opened NintendoUK and NintendoEurope. Will be interesting to see if these will actually be used differently.

Nintendo UK is for all us UK folks and Nintendo Europe is for the people who don't get a Twitter account for their own country e.g. the Scandinavians. As for Facebook this is their official 3DS page but I don't think they have just an overall Nintendo page - http://www.facebook.com/nintendo3dsuk

Well yeah I know that what I meant is will they actually provide different content or just change the word Europe for UK like they have currently done :heh:

I guess they won't post news about One Direction's latest Nintendo promotions on the European Twitter lol