NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

Soundtrack to Moments In Your Life

What songs would you play, if given the choice, at certain moments in your life?

For example, after my last ever Uni exam we played:

I think at the birth of my first born son I'm going to convince my future wife/partner/random girl to play this song as soon as he pops out.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

What songs fit certain points in your life so far or future moments?

This. All the time, ever.

Apart from when I'm on a bike of course, then I'm a bit happier.

Off the immediate top of my head.

- Walking home from school after the last official day (before the leaving ceremony the next day) and listening to the brand new La Roux album and almost tearing up at random points.

Bulletproof by her/them too for that summer in general. Lot of memories of that song.

For when I drop and get a scratch on my 3DS: (it happened :()

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Driving test:

Always said I'd have this when I inevitably get shamed out of my job (my surname is Jones for those who don't know):

And this during my funeral:

I think that's all the important stages in life, right?

In fact lately the line "friends showing me pictures of their kids, all I can show them is pictures of my cribs" feels apt.

I tend to listen to ONE song or album constantly for a period of time, and it ends up cementing itself to my memory of said time of my life. Sample:

Semester 2 exams 2008: Tegan and Sara - The Con - literally makes me smell the room I lived in at the time on campus, and feel the sun on my face and hair...and smell grass and peanut butter cups.

Winter 2008: Amanda Palmer - Astronaut

Almost-summer 2009: Splendora - You're Standing on My Neck - mainly because I watched a lot of Daria then.

Winter 2009: Be Your Own Pet - Get Awkward (album)

Summer 2010: Super Junior - Bonamana - this one is horrible, brings me back to my internship which I didn't really achieve anything with at all.

Summer 2011: Silly Fools - ผิดที่ไว้ใจ

There are more, but I have to think really hard and I'm too tired for that right now :(

I used to want a punk rock song played during my funeral, but that doesn't appeal to me anymore. Chopin's 19th nocturne (my favourite Chopin piece) seems a little dramatic and undeserved. Maybe this (below)? As a statement on the fleetingness and triviality of life?

[pseudo-soulful post of a deep and emotional song in an attempt to try add a bit of despair and meaning to your otherwise mundane and uninteresting life]

[vague attempt at something witty and humorous (possibly a song about virginity/lack of sex or something similar)]

[obscure song to try and paint your life as unique, interesting and quirky (read:hipster post)]

I think that should cover it.

I tend to listen to ONE song or album constantly for a period of time, and it ends up cementing itself to my memory of said time of my life.

I'm exactly like that. Let's see if I can pinpoint a few of them ...

First year at gymnasium:

The early summer of 2010 when I was studying my arse off for my final exam in Greek before graduating:

Those are the two that spring to mind at the moment.

I listened to some dubstep when i was doing the washing up the other day.

It went: WUB-WUB-WUBWUBWUBWUB-WUB-WUBWUBWUBWUBwubwubwubwwubwubWUB-WUBWUB!!!!

I listened to some dubstep when i was doing the washing up the other day.

It went: WUB-WUB-WUBWUBWUBWUB-WUB-WUBWUBWUBWUBwubwubwubwwubwubWUB-WUBWUB!!!!

tumblr_ltu6zpHAT31qbst30o1_500.png

Sign in to follow this