NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies

Just finished playing the demo. I thought it was good, some very nice animations and a good use of the camera swinging around etc. Im looking forward to getting the full game.

My one gripe would be that it feels a bit odd having Phoenix seem more like his old self compared to how he was in Apollo Justice.

No release date on this yet then?

That sounds like it's going to be slipping into the post Xmas window then...

So I was wrong! (In fact I think I made them announce the date by saying it wasn't coming ;) )

I'm really looking forward to this but I'm not going to try the demo as I don't want to spoil anything. Fully set and ready to get my finger-pointing, desk-slamming, paper-tapping, whip-cracking, psych-lock-breaking, coffee-drinking, memory-losing, beard-swooshing, t-bone-steak-eating, crowd-rabbling, FFS-Larry!-ing, NOT-GUILTY-confetti-slinging, pay-cut-noodling, toupee-slinging, that's-a-stepladder-not-a-ladder-ing, grape-juice-drinking, blue-badger-robot-dancing SHIT OOOOOOWN.

:santa:

My one gripe would be that it feels a bit odd having Phoenix seem more like his old self compared to how he was in Apollo Justice.

From what I heard, this is only true for the first case (in the Japanese version, at least)

I have a gripe!!

oh, wait, i mean...

OBJECTION!

from what i've seen of nick's new design, he really doesn't seem to have aged.... like, at all. i'm hoping that they'll have changed enough of his mannerisms to make me feel that he's older and just has an amazing skincare routine so doesn't look it.

....also fingers crossed for hot hobo phoenie...

302829.jpg

dat stubble O_O

does anyone know a decent recap website/youtube video that recaps the previous game synopses?? i've kinda forgotten everything that happened in apollo justice and want to brush up on the back story before the newest instalment :3

does anyone know a decent recap website/youtube video that recaps the previous game synopses?? i've kinda forgotten everything that happened in apollo justice and want to brush up on the back story before the newest instalment :3

After Phoenix proved himself as a capable lawyer at the end of the original trilogy, he defended a famous magician called Zak Gramarye.

Before the trial, the defendant's daughter received a piece of paper from a mysterious man and gave it to Phoenix, a note that turned out to be a page from a diary that was vital to the case. Phoenix presented it, but the prosecutor Klavier Gavin denounced the evidence as forged, proved it was so, and Phoenix Wright was disbarred as a lawyer. The defendant Zak Gramarye was found guilty by default, but he disappeared, and escaped imprisonment. Zak's daughter, Trucy, was thus abandoned, but adopted by Phoenix.

7 years later, rookie attorney Apollo Justice gets his first case in defending the washed-up Phoenix Wright. In a strange turn of events, Kristoph Gavin (Apollo's boss and also a friend of Phoenix's) is found guilty. The decisive proof was a piece of evidence forged by Trucy, which Apollo unknowingly used.

Apollo quits the firm, and reluctantly signs up with the Wright Anything Agency. He gets to defend a mob boss's son and a foreign pianist, while working with disgruntled detective Ema Skye, and facing Klavier Gavin in court (Klavier's best friend and band member is found guilty of one of those crimes, too).

In the fourth case, the crime is related to Phoenix's disbarment. As it turns out, Kristoph Gavin was the one who forged the diary page and set everything up so that Klavier would disbar Phoenix, all those years ago. The man he murdered in the first case was actually Zak Gramarye, and the current victim died as a result of his actions. Kristoph is called from prison to comment on it, and uses careful wording to give details on the crimes without actually confessing.

Unbeknownst to him, this was an experimental Jury trial, in which no direct evidence was needed to dole out verdicts, and the jury finds Apollo's client Not Guilty. Kristoph breaks down at the new trial system that declared him Guilty despite lack of proof.

Meanwhile, Phoenix uses the MASON System (a simulation game) to reveal his findings and side of the story to the jury. He found that Lamiroir (a character from the 3rd case) was actually Trucy's long lost mother, suffering from amnesia. Furthermore, Apollo is Trucy's long lost brother. Lamiroir regains her memories, but is afraid to reveal this to her children, who remain ignorant regarding this relationship.

Also, these two Gavins are siblings, and Apollo can tell nervous ticks with hyper-sensitive Perceive skillz. Maya, Edgeworth and the rest of the old cast are nowhere to be seen (save a cameo from Gumshoe).

So yeah, there you go.

After Phoenix proved himself as a capable lawyer at the end of the original trilogy, he defended a famous magician called Zak Gramarye.

Before the trial, the defendant's daughter received a piece of paper from a mysterious man and gave it to Phoenix, a note that turned out to be a page from a diary that was vital to the case. Phoenix presented it, but the prosecutor Klavier Gavin denounced the evidence as forged, proved it was so, and Phoenix Wright was disbarred as a lawyer. The defendant Zak Gramarye was found guilty by default, but he disappeared, and escaped imprisonment. Zak's daughter, Trucy, was thus abandoned, but adopted by Phoenix.

7 years later, rookie attorney Apollo Justice gets his first case in defending the washed-up Phoenix Wright. In a strange turn of events, Kristoph Gavin (Apollo's boss and also a friend of Phoenix's) is found guilty. The decisive proof was a piece of evidence forged by Trucy, which Apollo unknowingly used.

Apollo quits the firm, and reluctantly signs up with the Wright Anything Agency. He gets to defend a mob boss's son and a foreign pianist, while working with disgruntled detective Ema Skye, and facing Klavier Gavin in court (Klavier's best friend and band member is found guilty of one of those crimes, too).

In the fourth case, the crime is related to Phoenix's disbarment. As it turns out, Kristoph Gavin was the one who forged the diary page and set everything up so that Klavier would disbar Phoenix, all those years ago. The man he murdered in the first case was actually Zak Gramarye, and the current victim died as a result of his actions. Kristoph is called from prison to comment on it, and uses careful wording to give details on the crimes without actually confessing.

Unbeknownst to him, this was an experimental Jury trial, in which no direct evidence was needed to dole out verdicts, and the jury finds Apollo's client Not Guilty. Kristoph breaks down at the new trial system that declared him Guilty despite lack of proof.

Meanwhile, Phoenix uses the MASON System (a simulation game) to reveal his findings and side of the story to the jury. He found that Lamiroir (a character from the 3rd case) was actually Trucy's long lost mother, suffering from amnesia. Furthermore, Apollo is Trucy's long lost brother. Lamiroir regains her memories, but is afraid to reveal this to her children, who remain ignorant regarding this relationship.

Also, these two Gavins are siblings, and Apollo can tell nervous ticks with hyper-sensitive Perceive skillz. Maya, Edgeworth and the rest of the old cast are nowhere to be seen (save a cameo from Gumshoe).

So yeah, there you go.

amazing!!

Maya, Edgeworth and the rest of the old cast are nowhere to be seen (save a cameo from Gumshoe).

I finally remembered why this game was my least favourite. :awesome:

now do the rest of the series back to number one!! hehe

On a serious note (and completely avoiding the spoilers above), would someone be prepared to lend me Apollo Justice?

It's the only one I haven't played yet and I really want to find out what's going on with the guy with the penis shaped hair.

Nintendo are doing a competition for a free copy of this game, all you have to do is send them an email before Thursday.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/nintendo-3ds-uk/win-a-download-code-of-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies/719513011411845

Thanks to our friends at Capcom, we’ve managed to secure Nintendo eShop codes for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies to give away to 5 lucky winners.

To be in with a chance of winning one of the 5 codes, simply email nintendocommunity.co.uk before 13:00 on Thursday 24th October with the heading ‘Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies free prize draw’ and we will select 5 lucky winners at random.

The winners will be informed before 14:00 on Thursday 24th October following the deadline.

Good Luck!

1. The prize draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) only aged 13 years and older, excluding the employees and the families of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.

2. The prize is a download code for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies for Nintendo 3DS, downloadable via Nintendo eShop.

3. There is no cash or other prize alternative available in whole or in part, except, owing to circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a suitable alternative of equal or greater value. The prize(s) will be emailed directly to the winner(s).

4. The download code will be emailed within 24 hours of the closing date for the prize draw.

5. Only one entry per person. No purchase necessary. Entry is free.

6. To enter, email nintendocommunity@Nintendo.co.uk with the subject heading:

‘Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies free prize draw’.

7. The competition closes at 13:00 on 24th October 2013.

8. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.

9. The promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner, including, but not limited to, age and eligibility to enter, and to refuse to award the prize, or withdraw prize entitlement, where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements.

10. The Promoter reserves the right to feature the name of the winner in future promotions and on the Nintendo UK Facebook page. Entrants’ personal data will be collected, stored and processed strictly for the purposes of administering and assessing this prize draw.

11. For the winner’s name and county, please email nintendocommunity@Nintendo.co.uk within 3 months of the closing date.

12. There are 5 prizes of eShop codes to be won. Once the competition closes the winners will be drawn at random from eligible entrants under independent supervision and will be notified by email via the email address used to enter within 1 hour of the closing date of draw. If the selected winner does not respond to contact made by the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a substitute winner.

13. The Promoter and its associated companies and agents excludes all responsibility for and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details, or arising from use of the prize, to the extent permitted by English law.

14. Promoter: Nintendo UK, The Quadrant, 55 - 57 High Street, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1LP.

email sent!! (though i'll be downloading it in the wee-small hours of the morning anyhow!)

There seems to be a problem guys, I didnt win the free copy :(

Me neither... bigger problem is that I've been in contact with @bluey this morning and it hadn't come onto the eshop yet. Hope is has this afternoon... :sad:

It went up at 2pm or whenever the nor mal eShop update time is. It didn't go up at midnight because it's not a retail game.

It went up at 2pm or whenever the nor mal eShop update time is. It didn't go up at midnight because it's not a retail game.

H interesting facts Mr Ike.... So basically midnight i.e. Friday morning in Japan then :p Was wondering why it was coming out on a Thursday.

Onto a slight tangent, can't believe no one will lend me a copy of AJ. Is it just that no one owns it anymore, or is it's everyone's precious?

Yeah I'm just looking at it now. Is it on GAME's site for any cheaper?

ALL ace attorney games are out of stock on the game endless range and neither of the stores i work in have any AA in stock :/

just finished downloading my copy of #5! gunna have a little wind-down time then get on with the game :grin:

H interesting facts Mr Ike.... So basically midnight i.e. Friday morning in Japan then :p Was wondering why it was coming out on a Thursday.

Onto a slight tangent, can't believe no one will lend me a copy of AJ. Is it just that no one owns it anymore, or is it's everyone's precious?

Sorry that sounded a bit blunt/aggressive or something, I was on my phone.

Videogameplus has the US version of AJ for about £12 (+ p&p) if you don't mind playing the US version.

Only cleared the first day of the first case. Didn't think it would take so long to complete and it was getting late. Glad the demo was different enough that it didn't feel like playing it for the third time.

Liking Athena a lot so far, it was pretty cool how you started out playing as her on her own.

Script has already made me laugh out loud a few times already.

I only played a bit of the first case last night as I was pretty tired but already loving it. I really hope we get more of these with the upgraded graphics, the panning camera shots etc really add a lot.

Will be downloading this tomorrow! Out of interest, how much is it on the U.K eShop? Will be trading in GTA 5 for some eShop points me thinks.

Will be downloading this tomorrow! Out of interest, how much is it on the U.K eShop? Will be trading in GTA 5 for some eShop points me thinks.

£19.99 and just under 5000 blocks

£19.99 and just under 5000 blocks

Bargain! Hopefully it will encourage more people to pick it up.

Sorry that sounded a bit blunt/aggressive or something, I was on my phone.

Videogameplus has the US version of AJ for about £12 (+ p&p) if you don't mind playing the US version.

Nah it's good dude :-) Would love to pick it up but can't really afford to be buying it atm. Think I might be able to scrounge it from an irl friend but will have to see. Really didn't want to play AA5 without having played AJ first.

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

It's back!

I have to admit, I haven't played much of it so far (i've been having horrible migraines for the past few days...) so am not in a position to give a proper review, but...

- The 3D. I haven't seen a game look so good in 3D yet... it's really nicely done.

- The Writing... the demo was written differently to the actual start of the game, so the first 10 mins of the actual game wasn't just me impatiently skipping through story i'd already played; things happened slightly differently storyline wise and, in the demo, they broke the 4th wall a bit and referred to it as a demo. i enjoy that kind of humour in games ^^

- the sprite animation. brilliant, fluid, expressive, brilliant.

vs...

- when pointing out certain things within a picture (ie: pointing out on a map why something couldn't have been positioned at point A because it had to be aaaattttt... *point!*) the picture in previous titles would appear on the bottom screen to be tapped, but for some reason (maybe it'll become apparent later on...?) the picture now stays on the top screen and you have to position the pointer by dragging your cursor across the bottom screen, which remains blank... the bottom screen doesn't properly represent the size of the picture on the top screen either so you end up having to drag the stylus across a few times to get it in the right place... i don't know what to call this - it's like when you have a wacom tablet that's no properly configured to the resolution you're using on the computer...?

- nick's voice isn't quite what i had in my mind...

- that's it, really.... :hmm:

Sign in to follow this