NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies

What I really want is a bridge to the turnabout between the pre-disbarment and post-disbarment periods. Right now Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney feels like a standalone game that's not really tied to the other instalments in the series. Even the spin-off series feels closer connected to the rest of the main series. My biggest worry would be that the new game will feel like another standalone game. My biggest hope is that it brings together the best of the two periods.

That's interesting, Dannyboy. I was cautious about Apollo Justice for the same reason, but I thought it fitted into the series perfectly. I would be happy to consider it Ace Attorney 4, or even "Phoenix Wright 4".

Oh, but I agree! I love what they did with it, I was just left wanting more of a connection. It makes sense that Phoenix more or less cut all ties to his past (which is what I understood as the reason we saw so few of the original main characters), but that's also why I'm hoping him having finally dealt with his past and taken the bar exam again will see him reunite with his old friends - but, again, without abandoning the AJ characters. Basically I just don't want to see any characters get left out, 'cause they're all so good! :D

POSVZ.jpg

Hm, does it not look like she is wearing a defence attorney's badge?

I must say, the art style looks a lot nicer than I expected.

So...the yellow girl...she an intern? Thalassa's forgotten third child? The fact that we're not being told her name speaks volumes.

And considering this "emotions" system, shouldn't it be obvious that Apollo can do that too? Meaning he might be playable somewhere down the line?

Also, is Ema returning? Would be so awesome if she did.

And what does the prosecutor look like...? Oooh, maybe it's Kay Faraday :grin:

The possibilities are way too endless at this point :bouncy:

I can practically see the fanboy in you going crazy, Jonnas. :p

The new girl's posture immediately reminded me of Ema, though you're right there could be something Gramarye-like about her face. So many theories! :D

I read an interesting point somewhere, I think it was on TV Tropes's Wild Mass Guessing page, that got me excited: The logos of all previous Ace Attorney games have been colour-coded: blue = Phoenix Wright, red = Apollo Justice, magenta = Miles Edgeworth. The logo for Ace Attorney 5 is both blue and red, and there's no silhouette, either - is this a hint that both Phoenix and Apollo will be main characters? Because if so, it seems my hopes are being fulfilled! :D

bubble-objection.gif

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

miles-shrugf.gif

Your optimism is commendable, Dannywright, but you are likely looking at an outdated logo, as the current logo features a silhouette with Phoenix's new hair.

Furthermore, you might notice that the only shade of red is found on the Number 5. I am aware that, by itself, this does not constitute reason for doubt, but if we compare it to other logos found throughout the series...

scaled.php?server=529&filename=gsdscollectionui3.jpg&res=landing

(Random Internet picture has been added to the Court-Record)

miles-zoomb.gif

We can clearly see that the number has always been represented by a different color!

miles-ahaf.gif

Do not fret, however, as other sources and rumours point towards Phoenix's pocket watch... Which might not be a watch at all, but the precious pendant with Trucy's picture! There is clearly more to this story!

How do you keep being so amazing, Jonnas? You ruin my hopes and dreams in the most awesome way possible, and then you manage to give me hope at the end. I bow down to you.

Now with subtitles!

Oh, and Bones is working on the game's animated cutscenes :bouncy:

A3NQGHeCEAEoCZL.jpg:large

Kotaku Impressions:

Today at the Tokyo Game Show Kotaku was able to experience 15 minutes of tense courtroom drama with the first playable demo of Ace Attorney 5.

In the demo, Phoenix finds himself defending a young girl accused of bombing a courtroom with a bomb hidden in a stuffed animal. Also involved is the younger brother of everyone's favorite prosecutor pushover, Winston Payne, and a member of the bomb squad who doesn't seem to be telling the truth while on the stand.

Luckily for Phoenix, his new—and previously unnamed assistant—Kokone uses her wristwatch computer to let him view the emotional state of the witnesses in the case. By comparing the strength of the emotions the witness is showing—happy, sad, angry, and surprised—with the emotions you'd expect given their testimonies, you are able to find the one that doesn't fit and push for an explanation. Other than that, the game plays identically to previous titles, with Phoenix being able to press for more information and present evidence that contradicts the testimony of witnesses.

Graphically, the game looks great—especially on the 3DSXL—and the fluid animations of the 3D models look far better than the promotional photos implied. Moreover, there are now dynamic camera movements that add to the game's courtroom drama.

The soundtrack is now fully orchestrated and is filled with new remixes of all the classic Ace Attorney themes. The only downside is that, unlike Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney, there are no voices in Ace Attorney 5 (aside from the classics like "Objection!" "Hold it!" and "Take That!").

In my brief 15 minutes with Ace Attorney 5, the game felt like it was an improvement over past titles in every way while at the same time was remaining true to the spirit of the series as a whole. Simply put, from what I played, I have no objections when it comes to Ace Attorney 5.

EDIT: Here are some booth pics

009.jpg

010.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

012.jpg

016.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Edited by -Dem0-

HYPEDHYPEDHYPEDHYPED

I like that they seem to be continuing the theme of "What is true justice?" from the previous games, Apollo Justice in particular.

Soooooo.....

The new prosecutor may or may have not been revealed...

There's no definite info, but a lot of small hints towards this actually being the game's prosecutor...

Stems mostly from the picture, because the text hasn't been translated yet...

Yeah, I'll keep it spoilered for those who don't want to see it...

v1v94PT.jpg

Fuck me. This is awesome beyond words.

Megatons!

Revenge for Phoenix taking over Apollo's game? :P

Avoid Gonintendo if you don't want this spoiled, just a heads up it's in one of the news items title.

Avoid Gonintendo if you don't want this spoiled

More like avoid Nintendolife :p only 2 seconds into browsing and it's right there in my face. Oh well.

He's looking mighty piratey if I do say so myself!

Well, I really don't think that's so much of a spoiler, because the game covers always feature the prosecutor and other important characters anyway. So to avoid that you would literally have to buy the game without looking at the box... xD

Anyway, looks awesome. Do we even have any release date estimate yet? Been some time I completed AAI, so more Phoenix Wright would definitely be cool. Plus that AAI2 *cough* Capcom make it fucking happen already *cough*

Why's he wearing handcuffs if he's the prosecutor? :confused:

Japanese fashion.

Nah sorry, in all seriousness here's why:

- Jin Yagami is a prosecutor who is actually serving a sentence for murder

- he’s been nominated to stand as prosecutor in court

- it is not known whether he committed the crime or not

All from Gonintendo

Edited by -Dem0-
Automerged Doublepost

Well, I am severely disappoint.

I don't even like that guy's design.

Sign in to follow this