NEurope
dazzybee

Zen Pinball

Thes no specific thread and I wouldn't mind more of a discussion the ESOP thread woud allow. Basically, this game is amazing, I've only played it for a couple of hours but I know I'm going to plough a hell of a lot more. This could prove to be the best £5 I spend on the machine.

Like most pinball games it's a little daunting at first,but when you figure the tales out that's when the addiction kicks in. The game features a table guide telling you what everything does, but am I the only one who finds it confusing? I get most of it, but a lot I don't.

The (infinitely better than mario kart) online leader boards and and friend lists and such show me quite a lot of people here have the game, and I'd love to share advice and such of the boards, as I'm doing alright, but there's a lot of stuff I still don't get.

So whos got it? Wi loves it? And who understand all the nooks and crannies?

Excalibur my favourite, shaman least favourite and earth defence the the new I want to understand but is confusing as hell!

I bought it a few weeks ago, it's fantastic! but like you said it is a little confusing, but I've only played a handful of times so im bound to understand more as I continue to play!

Let's whack a trailer in here...

Haven't got the game myself yet, but for £5 I'll definately consider it!

Wow trailer actually looks really good.

Might have to purchase this to tide me over for RE:R at the end of the month!!

Do it, the game is amazing.

On escalibur, how do you win a joust? I just don't know when to time it!

I downloaded it the day it was released and I love it. Havent enjoyed a pinball game this much since Pokemon Pinball on Game Boy Color. My mum, who's loves her pinball games on GBA and DS, also loves it and keeps asking me for some playtime with it whenever she see the 3DS not in use, or me finishing up on it :heh: This game will defintley be climbing high in my Activity Log rankings!

Excalibur is defintley my most played table, as it has so much personality and it's the table that's most fun to play. I also enjoy Earth Defense and ElDorado, but Shaman hasn't grabbed me yet, but it may be because I havent seen or learnt much from it yet.

Hoping we'll see another Zen package (or this DLC if we get it) along with Marvel Pinball on the 3DS e-shop sometime this year.

Wow trailer actually looks really good.

Might have to purchase this to tide me over for RE:R at the end of the month!!

Defintley! I'd say this is the best 'original' game I've downloaded from e-shop, DsiWare and WiiWare combined :grin:

On escalibur, how do you win a joust? I just don't know when to time it!

Understanding the Joust 'Minigame' took me a long time to learn as it's not explained well (if at all!) in the guide. What you need to do is press 'A' when there are just two planks seperating both characters/objects. I think..... :heh: Works for me!

Still don't understand all the nooks and crannies mind. I got an extra ball once on Excalibur and havent won one since, and multiball on Earth Defence another time but havent figured out how there either!

A ramp in the top left corner starts the multi ball in Earth Defence, the robot collects them. There is also another multi ball, frenzy but that's weird.

I like Earth Defence a lot. Just played it and jumped to the of the N-Europe league :) Saved Earth, but still seemed to be under attack - dammit! It's still confusing, but slowly figuring it out. Each table's like a little adventure game, brilliant!

Surely theres a way to have an adventure game with pinball (sort of like swords and poker or Puzzle Quest). Wasn't there one on the gamecube that used the bongos? Though i think the pinball was minimal.

I've racked up about 4 hours on this game now, so addictive.

As for DLC, I read that it was definitely coming, so hopefully all the marvel tables will come with that too. What do people think is reasonable for a table? £1.50?!

I'm loving Zen, like Welsh Exvcalibur is my fav table, it just seems to be the table that "works" for me best and that I have most fun on. The design and layout and mini games also IMO are much better than the other tables.

My highest score so far is over 38million, ranking 8th in Ireland :D

I'm determined to get top of the table in Ireland but can't break my own high score.

The annoying thing is I can do really well on the first ball... once getting 25million with just the first ball.... then somehow losing balls 2 and 3 really fast and finishing with a total of 27million :heh:

So bloody addictive though

The annoying thing is I can do really well on the first ball... once getting 25million with just the first ball.... then somehow losing balls 2 and 3 really fast and finishing with a total of 27million :heh:

So bloody addictive though

100 % agreed. It's so infuriating when you're about to break new records only to lose the next ball(s) relatively easy.

It's interesting to read that most of you guys' favourite table is Excalibur, it's my least favourite. I guess I'm just not that drawn to the table puzzles and I don't like the way the ball runs out at the sides sometimes, it feels less controllable than on the other ones. I was only playing it to beat my friends, but now two other friends are ahead of me and I'm not sure how much more time I'm willing to spend on that one anymore. Contrary to some here I like Shaman and the other two are also equally great. If only you guys would stop beating my records I'd have a much better sleep. :D

Nah, this game is pure fun - probably the best game on the eshop right now, in my humble opinion.

I might consider buying this given the N-E loving, though I don't really have time for gaming recently. How many people have it? Would be nice to try and rack up some high pinball scores! Never been big on them, though having said that I remember playing pokemon pinball for quite a bit, Team17's addiction pinball and of course the classic...kirby's pinball!

My god had a good afternoon playing this in my cousins house before I started my drive home from Dublin to Wateford.

Was having one hell of a great round, nearing in on my top score of 38million, was on something like 32.5 million (and on a 4th ball, no idea how I got that...anyone?) Anyway cousin puts on Sky Sports News and I realised I didn't get any of yesterdays football results so paused my game for a bit.

Then I noticed the red flashing LED saying my battery was about to die, searched my bag for the charger, couldn't remember which pocket I put it in.... finally find it, plug it in and then GONE, 3DS dies before I can connect the charger to it :cry:

Though on a good note, I tried again right away and got a score of 40million on first try :D

I might consider buying this given the N-E loving, though I don't really have time for gaming recently. How many people have it? Would be nice to try and rack up some high pinball scores! Never been big on them, though having said that I remember playing pokemon pinball for quite a bit, Team17's addiction pinball and of course the classic...kirby's pinball!

There's about 10 people from N-Europe that have the game. Its' really easy to look at highscores and the game, while playing tells you if you're close to a friend on the game (3 more million to beat Mokongs score etc) - really good game, but you have to spend time with it and learn the tables before it gets really good.

Woot just upped my high score on Excalibur to 44million, pushing me above @dazzybee and back into 8th in Ireland.

Edging closer to Welshes score now and the Irish number 1 spot, mwahahahaha

Woot just upped my high score on Excalibur to 44million, pushing me above @dazzybee and back into 8th in Ireland.

Edging closer to Welshes score now and the Irish number 1 spot, mwahahahaha

Challenge accepted!

There's about 10 people from N-Europe that have the game. Its' really easy to look at highscores and the game, while playing tells you if you're close to a friend on the game (3 more million to beat Mokongs score etc) - really good game, but you have to spend time with it and learn the tables before it gets really good.

Right! Give me the names of who has it! For the punt of a fiver I'm buying this. RIGHT NOW.

Challenge accepted!

You meant to post this :wink:

Right! Give me the names of who has it! For the punt of a fiver I'm buying this. RIGHT NOW.

Me, mokong, welshgamer, cvl, demo, Daz, steve, longdragon, edza.

BRING. IT. THE FUCK. ON!

Turns out to be a bit harder than I expected! I guess I'm still new though, and tired! I thought the tables would be more sort of split over the two screens, but I guess I'll get used to it. What do you guys find to be the best view for you?

Turns out to be a bit harder than I expected! I guess I'm still new though, and tired! I thought the tables would be more sort of split over the two screens, but I guess I'll get used to it. What do you guys find to be the best view for you?

Try the table guide in the pause menu, not the most clear, but some good advice.

Best for me is 6; 7 is good too though.

It's a real shame how it's all cramped onto the top screen, I also find myself never looking at the bottom screen at the 'screen' to see what's going on, for fear of missing the action! They should put it across both screens with the 'screen' at the top of the top screen.

/inb4xzibitherdilikescreens

Very! Seriously though, I need to get everyone added who has it. With what I have at present, I'm rocking top of the shaman board, but I find that difficult to believe with only 18mil on the clock.

Very! Seriously though, I need to get everyone added who has it. With what I have at present, I'm rocking top of the shaman board, but I find that difficult to believe with only 18mil on the clock.

18 million on the shaman board is extremely good. That board is extremely simple with not much to it, not much to give out loads of crazy boosters and millions etc. It's why it's my weakest personally, not enough to do, but this score will be hard to beat. Well done! (bastard)