N-Europe

Hurricane Bawbag

Charlie

I'm sure everyone has heard about the 'hurricane' which hit Scotland today. Roads closed everywhere, mental wind speeds and loads of rain.

It has somehow been dubbed Hurricane 'Bawbag' on the Internet which has been latched onto by the media and even local councils are Tweeting about it. It has got its own Wikipedia page already!

The police put out a warning which said that no one should be driving. So naturally we don't listen and decide to go to Braehead to go skiing instead. Walking from the car to the entrance... The strongest winds I've ever experienced without putting my jacket up in the air to try and fly.

It was seriously hard walking diagonally towards it!

393516_10150511999449532_756589531_10444036_1743284053_n.jpg

Waterfalls on the Campsie Fells defying gravity.

Keep seeing this being mentioned on Facebook. Don't really get it, if I'm honest. Yes, the winds were pretty strong but not hurricane strong. Still, amusing how fast everyone has latched onto it though.

The video of a trampoline being blown down a street, doing the rounds on FB as well, is amusing purely because of the guy's reaction to seeing it.

I work in a logistics department for a paper manufacturer and we had to ground all vehicles from our paper mill in Irvine as the HGV trailers were getting blown over when empty... not good if it happens when the vehicle is driving on the motorway!

Keep seeing this being mentioned on Facebook. Don't really get it, if I'm honest. Yes, the winds were pretty strong but not hurricane strong. Still, amusing how fast everyone has latched onto it though.

The video of a trampoline being blown down a street, doing the rounds on FB as well, is amusing purely because of the guy's reaction to seeing it.

:D