N-Europe

This Is England '88

Beast

Oh fuck Dazz, you just made me night!

I just saw a little 20 second clip of it on the adverts inbetween Living With The Amish and I just had a massive grin on my face. I'm looking forward to this!!! :yay:

It just looks fucking awesome already! :yay:

Hell yes. The art direction is what elevates this from being a good show into a great show.

That Joseph Gilgun dude is superb, he's hilarious in this and in Misfits. Plays similar characters in both but that's not a bad thing at all.

• 5 weeks later...
Anyone seen this? How good is it?

It's good alright. Possibly the best thing I watched last year, which is pretty amazing seeing as the interviews suggest it was only really made as a series to bridge the gap to the 90's ones that will presumably be on next year.

These two

This-Is-England-86-Joe-Gi-007.jpg

Put in phenomenal performances. The lass who plays lol is devastating.

Anyway, hyperbole but it's well worth watching.

It's good alright. Possibly the best thing I watched last year, which is pretty amazing seeing as the interviews suggest it was only really made as a series to bridge the gap to the 90's ones that will presumably be on next year.

These two

This-Is-England-86-Joe-Gi-007.jpg

Put in phenomenal performances. The lass who plays lol is devastating.

Anyway, hyperbole but it's well worth watching.

Agree on all counts, the reunion scene was endearing as anything.

One thing I never understood was that in This is England, Banjo was the hard, racist nutjob, yet come 1986 he's changed into one of the gang, and a bit of a pussycat.

That was in This is England '86.

No, he survived that one, remember? He had a new one and died in between the end of 86 and the beginning of 88. Mostly because he was a completely irrelevant character, it seems.

And also, about Banjo, yeah, he's completely dislocated, he doesn't fit in with the rest of the characters...