N-Europe

Super Smash Bros U - Dream Levels

Hamishmash

With another Smash Bros game announced, the first thing people seem to speculate on is characters! But with the Nintendo catalogue already stretching in Brawl, discussions about characters usually throw up the same old ideas again and again.

However, I'm interested in levels, because really, there is no end to the stuff they could do!

Here are my dream ideas for levels.

touchfuzzy-468x.jpg

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Perfect, trippy level idea. If you've played Yoshi's Island, you'll know this level. It'd really affect gameplay when the fuzzies appear.

DKC_Returns_PR_02--article_image.jpg

Sunset Shore

THE iconic level from Donkey Kong Country Returns, arguably the greatest 2D Nintendo platformer SINCE Yoshi's Island (or perhaps the Wario Land games)

m131091023.jpg

Good Egg Galaxy

The next Smash Bros will need to reference Mario Galaxy at least in some respect, and I think gameplay on a level which is spherical could be really interesting. It might get confusing being 2D n' all, but it might be quite unique.

super-mario-3d-land.jpg

Bowser's Airship

Another Mario themed level which has yet to have been represented in the games. I think this could work well as a moving level, constantly going right.

ch1_skyloft.jpg

Skyloft

Or anywhere from Skyward Sword. This game must get representation.

3731-casteliacitypng.jpg

Castelia City

A good central and iconic location from the most recent Pokémon games, which will of course be represented lots.

Wuhu_Island_3DS.jpg

Wuhu Bloody Island

This isn't a dream level, it's just an inevitability. Bloody, bloody Wuhu Island. (It's got two bloody tracks based on it in bloody Mario bloody Kart bloody bloody 7!)

Bloody.

epicyarnlol.jpg

Patch Land

With lots of places to untie and sew up and stuff.

Ocean City Harbour

ocean_normal1.jpg

When you consider that I'm a big fan of Wave Race, I'd probably love a stage based around a location from Blue Storm. Perhaps you could battle on top of a boat in Ocean City Harbour with some wooden boxes floating in the water at either side that you could also stand on. The weather could affect the fluctuation of the waves and make the water level rise to make previously available platforms unreachable. Jet Skis could occasionally appear from the background to jump over the boat towards the foreground, thanks to a ramp, that players would need to dodge..

Crystal Lake

1080.gif

This one would perhaps be a little more adventurous. As with Wave Race, I love 1080 Snowboarding and can imagine a stage in Smash Bros where each player is strapped to a snowboard, heading down a slope into the screen. The fighters would still remain in the 2D plane for fighting but their journey down the mountain could have you battling for position in order to be able to take the ramps towards power ups :hehe: The vision in my head seems cool, anyway :heh:

Those are great ideas.

I'd like them to cut down on levels which are just floating platforms above backgrounds, like the Animal Crossing level or Delfino Plaza. I'd like the levels to be a bit more integrated, and the 1080 one sounds like it could work really well.

Here's an idea.

advance_wars2_profilelarge.jpg

Advance Wars

How about this as a level? Like this shot? With the backgrounds changing to be different areas of the battle, and lots of troops coming in to shoot at each other with you in the crossfire.

Alternatively

batallion-wars-20050519104553508-000.jpg

Solar Empire

A Battalion Wars themed level. I'd love to see some attention to these awesome games.

I wouldn't mind an area based on Venus Lighthouse, even if only for the music.

top_of_venus_lighthouse.png

Dark Dawn also brought some interesting locations, like that final dungeon, and an even more interesting character

It would also be nice if they could give us an actual location from the Fire Emblem universe, instead of a generic castle that leads to a magma crater that never existed in any FE game. Durban's cave, the Gorgons' nest and Serenes Forest are all good locations.

Something more varied from Metroid and Donkey Kong would also be nice. Metroid isn't just space and magma caves, and DKC isn't all jungles, you know? Phendrana Drifts is an example from Metroid, and Donkey Kong Country has too many to count.

Fighting aboard the Spirit Train could be very fun, considering all the obstacles and scenery we'd see.

350px-LoZ-ST_Spirit_Train.png

And speaking of vehicles, I'd say that fighting on top of a giant Excitetruck would be friggin' amazing.

81448-1-2.jpg

excite-truck-20061115072717066-000.jpg

Anything from here please:

tumblr_l4mwddVanY1qbj9xwo1_500.png

I think Tiny-Huge Island would make for a fun level as well :)

What would be interesting would be if Nintendo started harking back to some of the relatively recent games that people have started to forget about like Electroplankton.