NEurope
Sentient//

[Rumor] Super Mario Galaxy 3 for Wii U

Hmm, sounds like a good idea. But unless they've been working on Galaxy III for a while now, i doubt there would be a new title for the WiiU launch. Unless a miracle occurs.

But, like many have said, i would prefer a fresher feeling Mario title over a 3rd Galaxy title though. It would be better suited to go on the 3DS i think.

I totally, 100% agree with you. No idea where all the hype about SMG2 comes from, I much prefered the first. I mean 2 is amazing as well, but inferior IMO (and yours it seems!)
Phew, someone else to come join me behind my Hylian Flame Shield! :p

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-200405110014221_640w.jpg

Not sure what, though. Once Mario has gone into space, what more is left to explore? Under the sea?

Super Mario Submarineeee!

Even the music already sounds like a Mario level!! :D

Who needs Peach and Rosalina! :p

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, I mean I guess I could raise a ruckus because some infidels on this very forum have had the gall to NOT like Monster Hunter Tri *cough* /nando/ *cough*, and some of you haven't even bought the damn game! :o Like wtf,

I think

the game is genius, so what gives people?!

;D

----

Ok, railing off-topic and badly, so...Mario under the sea? Hmm, would be interesting, although it would no doubt suffer from the same problem as Sunshine, i.e. too much of one particular element, in this case the sea and water. Galaxy could avoid that, because it wasn't just about space but all the weird planets you could have there...Although, with the proper execution, Super Mario Deep Sea would no doubt be interesting as well! :D

Who needs Peach and Rosalina!

Yeah, we could have Amoebal...ööh, I mean Sea Urchinalina instead? xD

Edited by Ville

True, and anyone who deviates from my own, totally subjective still yet somehow magically unquestionably RIGHT opinion is a total cunt and fucknugget o_O (see the MW3 threads)

Like come on guys, personal taste = not everyone likes the same games...it can't be that hard to fucking understand, can it? xD

Personally, I thought SMG2 was much better and polished than the first one, although I wasn't that keen on either of them...

I commend your use of winneration. I personally relate to that last, little highlighted bit at the end. Well obviously at the end or else it wouldn't be "that last bit", would eet?

Who needs Peach and Rosalina! :p

RLosalina can'a BEAT'ita, but I've sevd mii PICH in Mario gamezes FARLA too many'a timeza. So Fuck U-HUuuuuu!!

RLosalina can'a BEAT'ita, but I've sevd mii PICH in Mario gamezes FARLA too many'a timeza. So Fuck U-HUuuuuu!!
I'm sorry what? :blank:

:p

Phew, someone else to come join me behind my Hylian Flame Shield! :p

I'll join you, but I'll bring the Mirror Shield (which hasn't been seen since Wind Waker, which was almost a decade ago... grr) because... I think they're both overrated!

Actually, I agree with @Ville, because I did enjoy Galaxy 2 more. It's just that, although the games are brilliant visually and sonically, are very polished, have loads of variety and get all the characters just right, the central idea is simply not all that good! Running on the underside of planets is awkward, not fun, and I couldn't stand the levels that switched gravity.

Both had too many Stars (242) and although I collected them all in the first game, I could never get Star 242 in the 2nd. Many hours and batteries were wasted on that, and I never got a sense of closure. It wasn't fun.

Personally, I don't care all too much about Mario's main games at all.

Paper Mario is where it's at!

True, and anyone who deviates from my own, totally subjective still yet somehow magically unquestionably RIGHT opinion is a total cunt and fucknugget o_O (see the MW3 threads)

Hey, I didn't direct that comment to you, fella. Chill out. :santa:

My point was that anyone that actually goes out of their way to deny any credit to the Galaxy games, is probably a time-wastin'-mobile-phone fanatic.

I doubt that a self-respecting gamer that has been at this for any long period of time will actually do that. Thus the reference I made. And I stand by it.

I think

the game is genius, so what gives people?!

It controls like a retard and has disgraceful load times? I spent around 30 hours on it - 23 of which were load screens. I have grown to hate the game with an incredible passion.

Perhaps hate is a strong word; I see promise in a game of this kind and MH Tri could have been incredible - but I cannot forgive the weak controls and if only they'd have sorted out the load times. Get the franchise on a machine with large storage, have a great big install and be done with it.

*back on topic*

For those who have seen this, its clear regardless of whether its NSMB or a new 3D world game Mario has to be a key launch title for WiiU.

I'll join you, but I'll bring the Mirror Shield (which hasn't been seen since Wind Waker, which was almost a decade ago... grr) because... I think they're both overrated!

It gets the right amount of praise by gamers and deserves to be one of the highest rated games of all time which it is.

1320232041828.jpg

It gets the right amount of praise by gamers and deserves to be one of the highest rated games of all time which it is.

1320232041828.jpg

It's amusing watching you get so wound up by people's opinions on games.

Games are rated for what console they're on, eg. Super Mario World was a 10/10 SNES game and still is, but probably wouldn't score 10/10 if it was a retail game for the Wii U (it shouldn't, anyway!) In that sense, both Galaxy games were scored correctly, as I believe they are the two best games on Wii.

However, were they as good as Mario 64 or Sunshine at the time? For me, no. Doesn't make much difference though, as they were both excellent, both well worth playing and I spent loads of time on both!