NEurope
Aneres11

Beats by Dr. Dre

Hey y'all.

Looking into replacing my headphones and have been looking at the Beats collection by Dr. Dre.

Now, I was a little confused at first as there was the Diddy Beats, the Tour Beats, the 'Just Beats' and the iBeats...

Anyway, an hour and a half of browsing the net (and a trip to Curry's) later, I have managed to weed the not so good ones out and I understand them a bit more.

Currys had the ones I thought I wanted in stock, hence the trip, but turns out they didn't have the talk control which is a big need for me.

So, my question really is do you guys have a set of these? And what are they like? I know they're quite expensive but willing to part with the cash due to the amount of time I have my headphones in. Basically, they're never out.

I am not after the ones that go over your head. Don't think I have the look for that style... :p

So I am only looking at the in ear ones.

It's between the Diddy Beats, the Tour with Talk Control or the Heartbeats 2.0 by Lady Gaga ones... though looking into those it'd seem they don't have volume control...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :grin:

Beats headphones. I thought that they were overrated for what they where. But when I finally got to try the top end headphones I was all:

surprised-long-neck-surprise.png

surprised-gasp.png

They really do sound awesome. They have good range where you can hear the lows and the highs. The bass is quite meaty and bound to damage anyone's hearing. I tried the over ear version, I may pick up an on ear set at some point, but I still can't justify the £300 price point myself. There would be other things I'd rather purchase.

They really do sound awesome. They have good range where you can hear the lows and the highs. The bass is quite meaty and bound to damage anyone's hearing. I tried the over ear version, I may pick up an on ear set at some point, but I still can't justify the £300 price point myself. There would be other things I'd rather purchase.

Don't the over-ear ones use batteries to make the enhancements (so I'd imagine the end result would be like my Tritton headset, but actually portable)? Won't the in-ear ones lack this?

Such a huge fan of my Studio Beats... I've had them a year, and I still get surprised at how awesome they are! <3

In a similar position myself. I'm probably leaning more towards the iBeats as they're cheaper, though i'm not a massive fan of the red cabling. The Gaga ones look hideous in my view and I just can't wear earphones associated with Diddy :heh:

I do like the Tour Beats but some of the reviews said they were a bit cumbersome. I think i'll just get the iBeats, the reviews were pretty decent and it's not a great expense really. Will just need to get used to the red cabling...

I can't justify a price-tag that high for a set of earphones/headset. i spent £15 on a pair of plugs for my Creative, does the job for me. Nice bass to them as well, which is what i care about atm. May buy a decent pair one day, once these wear out.

Don't the over-ear ones use batteries to make the enhancements (so I'd imagine the end result would be like my Tritton headset, but actually portable)? Won't the in-ear ones lack this?

The over ear ones I tried didn't I was told that the slightly cheaper ones do.

This is the pair that gave me the above reaction:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monster-Beats-Studio-High-Definition-Headphones/dp/B003FO1N1I/ref=pd_sim_ce4

I think this is their top tier set. Although the guy who let me tried his beats drives a BMW so money wasn't probably too much of an issue; but then saying that he didn't want his wife to know the price.

Here is the link to the cheaper version that uses the AAA's http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monster-Beats-Studio-Definition-Headphones/dp/B001DD55OE/ref=pd_cp_ce_1

I hate in ear, earphones I would possibly however get the on ear version of beats. They're the kind of headphones that sit on the ear rather than enclosing them. The fact that HTC now have a controlling stake in them will hopefully mean headphones with android support.

Edited by Ten10

Hhhmm, much to think about.

They are very expensive - that's why I haven't bought any yet.

It's not a case of whether I will use them - as I know full well they wont be out of my ears so I think the only thing stopping me is how much they are!

And whether I am buying the right ones.

Don't think I want the ones that go over your head as they are not really the kinda thing I would wear round the house - to the gym etc!

I am thinking about these ones:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003FNZRPW/ref=asc_df_B003FNZRPW4568960?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B003FNZRPW

They seem much more suited to me I think.

I've got the Monster Beats, and as you'd expect for the price, they're absolutely incredible. I'm a bit of an audiophile, so you can trust my judgement on this one :heh: