N-Europe

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Mr_Odwin

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Happenstance have you read any Marvel storylines involving Korvac? Im playing Lego Avengers at the moment and have just unlocked him. Dude is crazy OP, having the powers of multiple characters all rolled into one. He's one of the few Marvel characters I've never even heard of.

Been years since I read it but yeah, he had a big Avengers event in the late 70s called the Korvac Saga. I think some version may have come back in the 2000s bit he's definitely one of the few bad guys that had such a massive story that wasn't then constantly brought back afterwards.

large-6195447.jpg?1515174660

• Thanks 1

Finished reading Berserk. Kinda sucks that it ended where it did. Casca got her sanity back and you find out who the boy is thats been appearing from time to time. Looked like he was setting a lot of stuff up with Falconia and introducing some new characters near the end. Schierke and Farnese's characters were getting alot of development, like he was building to something with them. But oh well. Hopefully his guys finish it eventually.

Guess I'll start reading Shaman King...

Edited by martinist

• 3 weeks later...

large-5997110.jpg

Unfortunately I've had to stop buying omnibus as I just don't have the space anymore so most future comics will be digital again. I'm allowing myself to get this Daredevil one as it's the first of a set that I already have the rest of and I'll finish off the last 2 Uktimate Spider-Man books as they have a definitive end. 

Trying to decide what to do at the moment. I hate seeing all these new books being announced and not getting them after having put so much work into this collection. I'm going to think about it some more but what I might do is just limit any purchases from now on to Spider-Man and X-Men titles with them being my favourite series then maybe the odd book if it's a special one to me.

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I take it putting up more shelving or buying more bookcases is not an option?

Yeah no more space at all but to be honest its also the expense. These aren't cheap books and buying every book I'm interested in just costs to much so I've decided I will go with that plan I was talking about and slim it all right back to just Spider-Man and X-Men. I already have enough of them that its mostly just filling gaps in their history now and as I'm not as interested in their modern stories I may not even bother with those which could give me a nice stopping point.

So with that decided I've ordered the 2 Spidey books that came out while I was on my 2 month break. Quite excited to get into the Michelinie & Bagley one for some Venom and Carnage stories.

large-8229564.jpg?1717443612large-4453780.jpg?1717533983

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Expanded out slightly to allow the Star Wars Legends line back into my omnibus purchases. It was the plan originally but I dropped them for a while. I just think with there being a beginning and end to that line as it's the old expanded universe then it's fun to try and get them all. Plus apparently Tales of the Jedi is one of the best books and New Republic volume has both the original Thrawn Heir to the Empire story and Dark Empire trilogy that everyone raves about so it would have been a bad place to stop just before those.

large-9526878.jpg?1724678973large-8841279.jpg?1720566342