NEurope
Cube

HP Touchpad

Have just got my HP TP, It rocks, have used an Ipad and the TP is far better, those out there that disagree are not being fair. There are not as many Apps but there are loads of stuff, a lot of it very good and free. You can tweek the TP easily and speed it up, it is a joy to use, it is such a pity that HP did not stick with it. If you can get it for under £250 you have got a great tablet for a great price. The fact the Iplayer works like a dream is a bonus.

Has anyone installed Android on this yet? I see a beta is available and frankly webOS is pissing me off.

Has anyone installed Android on this yet? I see a beta is available and frankly webOS is pissing me off.

At the moment, lots of apps don't work. So I'm waiting for that to be sorted.

I disagree! there's nothing out there that can stand a chance in front of "Ipad" However i would admit that Samsung would be the closest that you can point out which can compete with Ipad. Apple is far better then anything else, Being said that Samsung is catching up with apple very fast.

Has anyone installed Android on it yet then? Keep toying with the idea but I'm not sure how easy it actually is. They lay it out fairly simply but then I get the feeling I'll get half way through, do something wrong and it'll all go tits up.

I'm waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich. There is a WebOS repair program that should fix it if there are any problems.

Well I've installed it. There's obviously a lot missing as its early days but its very nice. Loving ice cream sandwich so far! Posting from the touch pad obviously.

Just given them both a quick try and seem good to me.

However, with the Wi-Fi being patchy Spotify may not be great in the long run at the moment.

Scratch that. At the moment sound becomes glitchy when the screen goes dark so Spotify isn't ideal right now.

Edited by Ashley

I decided to install it anyway. The interface is nice but Android seems to be severely lacking in Tablet apps (and it's very hard to tell what apps in the marketplace have a tablet mode).

The difference between Kindle on WebOS and Android is astounding - it feels like some half-arsed fan effort on Android compared to the extremely polished WebOS version. There also don't seem to be any good Google Reader apps (like NomNomNom on WebOS).

The core apps (like Gmail) are brilliant but Android Tablets really need more apps. It's bad that a short-lived dead OS is actually better in terms of Tablet apps.

Yeah it does seem strange that by now there's not a 'tablet' section, or even just a tablet identifier in the description. Outside of the 'Staff Tablet Picks' I can't even find any tablet recommendations.

I can't say I remember what Kindle on WebOS was like but on Android it does everything I want, which is namely show me some text :p

On WebOS Kindle had a two-page layout, more colour/font options and the pages actually turned (as in animation and stuff). It's just really, really strange not having it in a two-page layout.

As for the sound issue, I usually use Spotify when it's sitting on it's charger, so it's set so the screen doesn't go off.

There's an app called "Tablet Market" which links to Tablet apps which links to ones in the Market.

Maybe I'm being stupid but when I plug the Touchpad into my computer where do I put files so that they are accessible when I boot in Android?