N-Europe

Weird thing with CD-RW...

Gizmo

In my car I use mp3 CD's for my music. I tend to just reuse the same CD-RW, adding or removing the odd track every now and then. Yesterday, I noticed that track 4 wasn't being read properly and it skipped straight to 5. After trying a couple of times to get it to play track 4, I gave up and assumed the disc was damaged. The next time I turned on the engine, something odd happened: the CD played the previous version of its data, ie I had re-burned the CD to change track 1 and some others, but it didn't play the most recent version, it played the older (now over written) copy. I noticed this immediately, and thoughti t really strange - I couldn't explain what had happened. Then, the next time I turned it on, it went back to the most recent version of the disc, and suddenly, track 4 was being read fine.

I've never heard of CD-RWs doing this before...it fully played the previous configuration (including playing songs that I had since deleted from the disc), for no apparent reason, and then reverted back again.

lolwut?

After constantly rewriting a CD-RW, they will become less and less reliable.

How about investing in a method of playing MP3s in your car, and saving yourself some time and hassle ;)

I was thinking of doing this myself, but it's getting someone I trust near my car to sort it.

I use a dongle thing with my ipod, but some of the noise is ridiculous!

After constantly rewriting a CD-RW, they will become less and less reliable.

How about investing in a method of playing MP3s in your car, and saving yourself some time and hassle ;)

Or like...get a new CD-RW. I hear they're quite affordable these days.

(sounds intriguing, though! maybe the datas in different bits and the TOC was confused or something tbh I don't really have any idea what I'm talking about)

I was thinking of doing this myself, but it's getting someone I trust near my car to sort it.

Not sure what car you drive, but car stereos are generally easy to install yourself, also halfords will do it for free more than likely as well.

I used a Belkin FM transmitter. Cost me around £50 but it's powered and gives a fantastic signal. Quality is great and charges my iPhone/iPod at the same time as playing music and because the music is playing through my phone if I get a call it pauses the music throughout.

Not sure what car you drive, but car stereos are generally easy to install yourself, also halfords will do it for free more than likely as well.

I drive a ford fiesta.

I never really thought about halfords, they were really handy changing the lights on my car.

Charlie - the one I have is a cheapo one my friend had but she never had a need for it, 80% of the time it's pretty good, but I want to be able to get it perfect, it depends I suppose if halfords will sort it for me for less than £50, that'd be pretty neat. As I don't plan to sell my car for a long while.