N-Europe

30 Minute Gamers Podcast now part of Blueprint & #1 Videogames podcast on Podomatic!

flameboy

Mike1988uk and myself started a podcast 9 weeks ago. Basically it was born of us sitting and having general gaming chats both on the occasions we have met and whilst playing games online. One night in particular in the run up to E3 we talked about what we wanted from the show and I said "I swear we need to make a podcast", Mike text me later that night saying what do we need to for the podcast and it was born!

Our show was born with the idea that there are a ton of longer form videogames podcast out there and quicker concise topic orientated show with the emphasis being on the show being a 30 minute snapshot of our weekly conversations about videogames. With other content following on that is spawned by the podcast.

Our numbers were good for a new podcast starting from nothing, modest like but enough to keep us going. Numbers stayed modest but the feedback we've had has been great!

Then out of the blue came dazzybee's offer of hosting the show via his BluePrint Review site helping to complement their film content with a bit of video game nonsense from mike and me! Our show is now live on there!

blueprintt.jpg

and Dazzybee appeared on this weeks show which should go live tomorrow!

On podomatic our show has been hovering about the 15-50 mark in the videogame rankings. However today BOOOM! We have shot up to the Number 1 ranked Videogames podcast out of 489 (along with 329 out of 10's of thousands). Sure this could all end in a day as someone else releases an episode but the hope is we are amongst the top 10 which doesn't seem to change much on a weekly basis.

number1t.jpg

This thread isn't just about gloating. I wanna give ourselves a bit of a pat on the back. Also though this podcast wouldn't exist without N-E as thats how me and Mike came to beat. So I feel we should celebrate the communities success' together. I'm not saying we are this communities podcast but would love it if you guys did get involved and behind this venture as a community and at this point its high tide we said thanks to Dazz, Murr and Rez for their contributions via both questions, feedback and audio gems!

So with all that in mind this thread is the latest for you guys to dump your listener questions and feedback in to.

Thanks again for everyone who listens to the show and here's hoping we can continue to go from strength to strength.

You can find the show here:

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/

and on

http://www.blueprintreview.co.uk

Edited by flameboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been really slack lately. I'm 2 episodes behind :(

hopefully I'll get to listen to them tomorrow at work.

But great news all the same!

Get caught up lol the next mad cap episode in the misadventures of the 30 Minute Gamers is going out tonight!

Episode 9 is now available for download!

460%3E_4810544.jpg

Today we are joined by Darren Bolton of Blueprint Review- the exclusive new home of the 30 Minute Gamers podcast. Darren's background dictates the content of the show as we take a look at Good and Bad movie video games (with more than a couple of Star Wars mentions hence the logo!). Please check out our new home at http://www.blueprintreview.co.uk you can also now contact us via [email protected] and of course on twitters @flameboy84 and @mike1988uk

Listen Direct:

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/player/web/2011-07-27T11_22_49-07_00'>http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/player/web/2011-07-27T11_22_49-07_00

or subscribe via our page:

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/

Episode 10 is now live people! Titled: Adam Ran Away!!!

Today Adam is away in Canada which has left Mike home alone! All is not lost though as Mike is joined by a friend for a topic and a listener posts their thoughts! The one big topic today is the big news regarding the Nintendo 3DS price drop!

Please check out our home at http://www.blueprintreview.co.uk. E-mail us any feedback and questions you want to hear on the show at [email protected] or via twitter @30minutegamers and on our open facebook group 30 Minute Gamers.

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/entry/2011-08-02T12_09_05-07_00

It is also a first where it is exactly 30 minutes long! Hope it still sounds ok minus Adam's humour.

A few sound issues (again), it will be right one day! Any questions you would answering in upcoming episodes please leave them here or if you want to e-mail them to [email protected] or tweet :30minutegamers and finally in our facebook group (please join, bring the numbers up!).

Edited by Mike1988uk

I'm still listening guys! Just not been able to catchup much at work.

However yesterday I listened to Episode 7 & 8.

My re-cap

Episode 7 -

Firstly nice to hear my forum name mentioned on your podcast, thanks for reading my feedback out :)

with regards to games to films, Hitman was a great example, There is a scene where he's walking through the hotel corridors with his hands down by his side and it looks like a scene from the game (cant find a picture unfortunately)

I do disagree with the film covers of games, as I for one would kill to see a Gears of war movie or Halo Movie, not a CGI version, but a fully fledged film. Just remember those Halo adverts that were all real actors and not CGI, they were quality.

As for Mobile gaming, I have loads of games on my iPhone, they are all free games though, and only get played when..

A) I'm having a shit

B) When I'm queuing / Waiting for something.

Episode 8 -

Firstly, when Adam broke out into song "My Generation"..... it scared the hell outa me. Wasn't expecting that and had the volume reasonably high.

Also appreciated Mikes 'Gone Down' Rap....

Congratulations on more exposure and the 'business' merge with Blueprintreview, great news for you guys :)

Special editions of games... are they worth it. Oh Hells yes they are. I Love them, I only get the bigger titles like Halos, GOW's etc. I'll certainly be getting GOW3, Arkham City when they come out :)

Good work on those 2 lads, I'll try and get Episode 9 & 10 done today!

Still one of your biggest just slightly behind fans :p

Firstly, when Adam broke out into song "My Generation"..... it scared the hell outa me. Wasn't expecting that and had the volume reasonably high.

Special editions of games... are they worth it. Oh Hells yes they are. I Love them, I only get the bigger titles like Halos, GOW's etc. I'll certainly be getting GOW3, Arkham City when they come out :)

Good work on those 2 lads, I'll try and get Episode 9 & 10 done today!

Still one of your biggest just slightly behind fans :p

It's ok, your still listening, Thats the main thing! :)

Yeah he freaked me out a bit at first when he started singing that! lol.

I have got the epic edition of GoW3, the special for Arkham City and special for Sonic Generations (although sonic is just with GAME and has a 3 small things extra) on the old pre-order! Currently debating wether to go for the Mass Effect 3 collectors as it is a bit pricey! Although i do still have plenty of time to decide!

It's ok, your still listening, Thats the main thing! :)

Yeah he freaked me out a bit at first when he started singing that! lol.

I have got the epic edition of GoW3, the special for Arkham City and special for Sonic Generations (although sonic is just with GAME and has a 3 small things extra) on the old pre-order! Currently debating wether to go for the Mass Effect 3 collectors as it is a bit pricey! Although i do still have plenty of time to decide!

I'm not really getting all the hype about Mass Effect, I played the first one and completed it, yeah it was a good game, but I never felt compelled to buy ME2, But from what I've heard, read it's meant to be one of the finest games this generation. And ME3 is meant to top that again.

I guess I should invest some time in ME2, but at the moment and especially towards the end of this year, there is a lot more games that hold a greater appeal to me.

That actually sets me up for a question - I've actually asked it on this forum before.

Are there any games that are considered classics / some of the best games That you've not played due to no interest in it?

As I mentioned, for me it's Mass Effect 2 and the Bio Shock series, I've started 1, but never got gripped by it, and not had any real interest to complete it or play 2. Although again from what I've heard they are some of the finest FPS games around.

I'm not really getting all the hype about Mass Effect, I played the first one and completed it, yeah it was a good game, but I never felt compelled to buy ME2, But from what I've heard, read it's meant to be one of the finest games this generation. And ME3 is meant to top that again.

I guess I should invest some time in ME2, but at the moment and especially towards the end of this year, there is a lot more games that hold a greater appeal to me.

That actually sets me up for a question - I've actually asked it on this forum before.

Are there any games that are considered classics / some of the best games That you've not played due to no interest in it?

As I mentioned, for me it's Mass Effect 2 and the Bio Shock series, I've started 1, but never got gripped by it, and not had any real interest to complete it or play 2. Although again from what I've heard they are some of the finest FPS games around.

I LOVE the Mass Effect series, i think i will go as far as to say that it is my favourite game series EVER! Well so far, will have to see what the third is like. It just clicked with me, the whole rpg set in space just had me sold (i love star trek), the first was good but the second was amazing imo!

There is a lot of games coming out though as you said this year and i have a backlog of games yet to buy! I only just completed Assassins Creed: Brotherhood!

Thanks for the question and i must say a pretty good one! :)

I'm slightly behind when it comes to Mass Effect. I bought it for a fiver in HMV and it's a great little game. I just hate it when you're having a conversation and you want to choose the right thing to say and you end up not doing so, haha. Just downloading your episode and putting it on my MP3 now so I can listen to it whilst I'm out.

Well done Episode 9 & 10.

Episode 9 -

Okay to start with Mike you need these by the sound of it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJzkc2Hie1V2gZGiD2NJjLCuB6VB20UkzSQhNuXLJT5Zo843JS

Does Darren want to sell one of his Virtual Boys :p also he's a forum member here? silly question but who is he?

As for future Guitar Hero games (if they were to make more) Would have to say Iron Maiden Guitar Hero would be the way forward. Bit of the Clansman or Bring your daughter to the slaughter... awesome.

A Spiderman game better than Spiderman 2..... Ultimate Spiderman :)

As for fave movie license games, would have to say Goldeneye is mine, followed by Star Wars Episode 1 Pod Racer on N64.

and lastly, I have Terminator Salvation on my gamerscore, I also have LOST and Avatar Burning Earth for a quick 2k boost. I love boosting :p

Episode 10 -

Loved the Zelda sound affect when Mark entered the podcast,

held the podcast well considering you were alone for the majority of the 2nd half. Good fill ins with Mark and Rez.

All good stuff!

Just downloading your episode and putting it on my MP3 now so I can listen to it whilst I'm out.

Ace, let me know what you think!

Well done Episode 9 & 10.

Episode 9 -

Okay to start with Mike you need these by the sound of it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJzkc2Hie1V2gZGiD2NJjLCuB6VB20UkzSQhNuXLJT5Zo843JS

Lol, i really do!

Does Darren want to sell one of his Virtual Boys :p also he's a forum member here? silly question but who is he?

Episode 10 -

Loved the Zelda sound affect when Mark entered the podcast,

held the podcast well considering you were alone for the majority of the 2nd half. Good fill ins with Mark and Rez.

All good stuff!

Cheers! That was only my second attempt at editing as well! :)

Darren is dazzybee, Mark is Aneres11 and Rez...well he is just Rez! ;)

Better late than never! Episode 11 is up. Titled: Darren Returns!

Adam is still away and so sees the return of Darren Bolton of blueprintreview.co.uk chatting to Mike the usual summer drought of games! Please check out our home at http://www.blueprintreview.co.uk. E-mail us any feedback and questions you want to hear on the show at [email protected] or via twitter @30minutegamers and on our open facebook group 30 Minute Gamers.

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/entry/2011-08-11T14_51_13-07_00

I aim to answer your question Murr and yours Daz next week (sorry Murr ran out of time before we could answer!). :)

Just listened to episode 11 (a little late again :p)

interest in the Virtual Boy is still there ;)

with regards to Ultimate Spiderman it was the Cell shaded style game...

ultimate-spider-man-20050902025148867_640w.jpg

Loved the way it looked, and it was similar to Spiderman 2 in that you could do the free roam swinging around. and yeah you played as Venom too!

the back loggery that you speak of is most definitely the same for me too, I've still got to finish Crysis 2 and LA Noire yet :hmm:

and this year I finally got round to finishing Dead Space 1, Splinter Cell Double Agent, and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1.

So many games I want to buy that are considered older now. it's a joke.

That episode was good, the conversation was really free flowing, and you could of gone on for another 30 minutes the way the topic was going.

really went quickly when listening to it, very enjoyable!

Bit of a ball bag about the delay on the next episode though. :hmm:

^ Ball bags indeed!

I am on fable 3 now... getting there!

Thanks for the feedback again, sorry about the delay in the next episode!

Our account was blocked before for going to far over the bandwidth limit! Opps... (have just put my hand in my pocket to pay for a pro memership now).

Our ratings have taken a big slump (to be expected with lack of new episodes)

But 30 Minute Gamers will return!