NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
harribo

Land of the dead?

Has anyone got any information about this film because I only just learned of its existance by seeing it advertised on busses and trams in Sheffield.

It comes out on the 23rd of september and was made by George A Romero the original director of Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead and Day of The Dead

It comes out on the 23rd of september and was made by George A Romero the original director of Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead and Day of The Dead

And that's why i will be going to see it! Big fan of those movies. :)

And that's why i will be going to see it! Big fan of those movies. :)

So am I. Ive seen the 3 originals more times than I can count

Hmm, its only rated a 15, hope it turns out to be more Dawn of the Dead and not (ugh) Resident Evil.

Yeah its only 15 which worries me abit but the DVD will be unrated. Also if you dont compare the Resident Evil films to other zombie flicks and take them for what they are they arent that bad.

yeah i cant wait to see this, ive seen all the originals and love them and laugh at them, i really enjoyed the newer dawn of the dead so im sure ill enjoy this one.

While i saw the trailor of this film i thought why the hell they showing dawn of dead, that film is old.

Who else thinks that this Land of the Dead looks like a copy of dawn of the dead?

While i saw the trailor of this film i thought why the hell they showing dawn of dead, that film is old.

Who else thinks that this Land of the Dead looks like a copy of dawn of the dead?

Well, it is the second sequal to Dawn, its just carrying on the story from the first three, Night, Dawn and Day.

More of the same ol' stuff is what we want!

I've seen this film advertised on TV alot; and for what it is it doesn't look that bad; looked like something straight out of the Resident Evil games when i watched the trailer, thought maybe the third film was coming out or something.

It will be nothing like last years Dawn remake. The zombies are still the shambling type and theyve got smarter so they can communicate with each other and organize stuff.

Well, it is the second sequal to Dawn, its just carrying on the story from the first three, Night, Dawn and Day.

More of the same ol' stuff is what we want!

O rite i didnt know that, makes it clearer now

I have seen this film and it was advertised a while ago in my local cinema. Its not the greatest of Zombie films but its ok.

I have seen it and bloody hell its bloody hell! George A Romero does it again. It was a 15 and the gore was unbeliveable! There were grown men shitting themselves and wincing at the delightful gore. There was also the famous intestine rip. Have to see it again. 10/10, 100%, whatever. See. This. Film.

[maybe spoilers, nothing big though]

I saw it the other day, wasnt bad. I liked the refreshing era they chose to base it on in these whole zombie flicks. Usually its argh theres zombies coming, run away, find post, whereas in Land of the Dead its already at that stage, theyve made post with a highly secured building for rich residents, and a lesser secured area of town for the poorer, the zombies live in other towns trying to go about every day life and the humans have to break into those towns to steal supplies, obviously at some point having the zombies follow them and whey hey, you have your movie. Theres a few cool twists in there, and as someone said, theres a few gorey parts and lovely head shots and blood. Wasnt that scary though, was more a 'whats going to happen' film i thought with a bit of action. I do have to criticise the whole zombies learning how to do stuff though, i mean come on, theyre dead.. it makes them scarier that they learn how to shoot a gun and use a road drill (?!) i guess but its a bit far fetched... mind you the whole thing is far fetched.. so, forget this whole paragragh existed! :p

Overall, id give it 7/10, its exciting enough and refreshing in some ways but soon ends up your classic predictable zombie flick with an ok ending (i though they couldve done better) but you wont regret seeing it.

Its not Romero at his best, although, its a damn site better then most of the zombie films of recent years (28 Days Later excluded... thats "the rage...").

Romero is a master at horror, however Land of the Dead does seem to fall in line with the Resident Evil action type fare, which is (personally) disappointing. Its sadly quite predictable in places too.

The idea of building consicence into the Zombie is interesting but never really goes anywhere. Or at least is extremely underlplayed.

What Land does is great... Amazing in fact. But it faulters on expectation. Unless of course you expect an absolute bloodbath with heavy weapons and a few loud bangs. 7/10. Worth watching, but check out the original trilogy on the BBC over the coming days.

Zombies started to learn stuff in Day of the Dead albeit only who was called Bub. I really cant wait until the uncut version comes out on DVD because its gonna be a whole lot sicker.

Dawn Of The Dead is on BBC1 tonight at 11:45pm, worth watching if only for how rubbishy it is.

the original Dawn had a better impact on me the first time I saw it than the remake has any time I've seen it. The remake is far more hollywood friendly (which I guess isn't really a criticism seeing as it is a hollywood film...) and doesn't really have teh same isolation feel as the original did.

I'm not saying that the original doesn't look intensely shoddy (blue zombies.. wtf!), nor am I saying that the original was at all as good the 2nd time round, but I am saying that my favourite part of the remake is something that not everyone has seen - during the end credits when they find a camera onboard teh boat.. Not going to say anymore, but I liked that better than the rest of the film.

having said that, I prefer the remake of Night if only because the lead female isn't completely moronic.

But yeah, been dying to see Land since it was announced. I don't care if it's rubbish (which it isn't, by the sounds of things), as I'm a sucker for zombie films!

Hooray! Someone else has seen the Night remake! Most people I know only know about the original because I talk about it and they are completely lost when the remake comes up. The camera bit in the credits to the Dawn remake is pretty kool and I like the way "The Sickness" by Disturbed kicks in just at the right moment. As for blue zombies...Yeah dodgy I agree but its still a great film. Has anybody else seen Day of the Dead? Wednesday night on BBC 1 or 2.

Yeah, Day is only good for Bub. You notice how the head army dude (i\m rubbish with names) in Day is a police dude at the beginning of Dawn (original)? In Dawn he plots with other coppers to steal a boat and find some island, a recurring idea of Romeros.

Ive seen the remake of night too. I personaly thought dawn(original) was a great film but the remake let it down a bit(credits were ok). I havent seen day yet so am looking forward to seeing that and a chance to see all of dawn from the begining.

Sign in to follow this